U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 07:37 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,273,050 times

Advertisements

So proud to be from Massachusetts where everyone has equal rights. The government here has no right to interfere in your choices and our public facilities are available to everyone without regard to their sexual orientation. The state has no compelling interest in the matter. I always say if you are against gay marriage, don't have one and don't go when invited to one.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-14-2012, 07:53 PM

833 posts, read 1,640,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
So proud to be from Massachusetts where everyone has equal rights. The government here has no right to interfere in your choices and our public facilities are available to everyone without regard to their sexual orientation. The state has no compelling interest in the matter. I always say if you are against gay marriage, don't have one and don't go when invited to one.
Marriage is governed by state laws.

Using your logic, it is not the citizen's business if capital punishment is legal or not legal punishment.
Don't do murder and it shouldn;t bother any citizen what their state laws are.
Right ?

Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM

270 posts, read 555,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
Not allowing homosexuals to marry is not violating anybody's rights. Marriage has always been defined between a man and a woman and there is nothing you or any of you liberals can do about it. We didn't make the law, those of us that love God just follow what our creator says. If homosexuals want to have a relationship among themselves, that's their business- but it's not marriage.

If he said homosexual marriage was acceptable, then I for one would side with the left. Of course if God did create homosexuals to marry, men would be having babies with other men, and women with women. However that's not how it works, and who are any of us to question anything he has done.

I'm proud of you Mississippi.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf fan View Post
Marriage is governed by state laws.

Using your logic, it is not the citizen's business if capital punishment is legal or not legal punishment.
Don't do murder and it shouldn;t bother any citizen what their state laws are.
Right ?
In Mississippi some people are more equal than others and that is completely illogical. Equating murder or capital punishment where there is injury and the ending of life with equal rights and equal protection under the law is pretty twisted - but then again, this discussion is taking place with regards to Mississippi and its glorious history of discrimination.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Perhaps the best thing she can do is leave the Conservative Neanderthal state of Mississippi. I mean didn't she get how backward of state she lives in when she couldn't wear a Tux in her yearbook? Now her state is also down to one Abortion clinic thereby trying to outlaw Roe V Wade and restrict Women's rights even further. The state should consider renaming itself "Mississippistan"!
Nobody has the right to take the life of another human being. Life begins at conception. It's such a tragedy it is legal to murder a defenseless child. The most dangerous place for anybody in America today is not Beirut, Lebanon, Iraq, Afganistan, Watts, Harlem, but in the womb of the mother where that baby has 25% mortailty rate caused from that baby's own mother. What a sick world we live in where a parent is allowed to murder their own child simply out of convenience.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:34 PM

15,827 posts, read 23,899,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Since a lot of people think sex before marriage is OK, as well as living together before marriage is OK, and that quick and easy divorce is OK, the "what the hell, it's no big deal" attitude of a lot of people who consider themselves "conservative" really bothers me.
This attitude will keep Mississippi at the bottom of the lists for another 200 years. Congratulations on keeping traditional failure alive!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 AM

God and the state have nothing to do with marriage but are used by busy-bodies who think they should control other people's lives.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:58 AM

833 posts, read 1,640,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
Not allowing homosexuals to marry is not violating anybody's rights. Marriage has always been defined between a man and a woman and there is nothing you or any of you liberals can do about it. We didn't make the law, those of us that love God just follow what our creator says. If homosexuals want to have a relationship among themselves, that's their business- but it's not marriage.

If he said homosexual marriage was acceptable, then I for one would side with the left. Of course if God did create homosexuals to marry, men would be having babies with other men, and women with women. However that's not how it works, and who are any of us to question anything he has done.

I'm proud of you Mississippi.

I am proud of Mississippi. also .

Old 07-15-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
This attitude will keep Mississippi at the bottom of the lists for another 200 years. Congratulations on keeping traditional failure alive!
I really respect Moe's opinions. He is not saying anything that really isn't true. Yes the left is shoving homosexuality down our throats. If we don't agree with the lifestyle then we are considered hateful and close-minded. It's so obvious that sex is pervasive and I was guilty for years where my #1 priority in life was sex, sex, sex. I've since because a Christian but my former lifestyle still causes me to struggle from time to time. While I don't believe that most people will support a moral dating code where they promise not to have sex with one another, I certainly believe it's a terrible idea for dating partners to move into together before marriage.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,722,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
Nobody has the right to take the life of another human being. Life begins at conception. It's such a tragedy it is legal to murder a defenseless child. The most dangerous place for anybody in America today is not Beirut, Lebanon, Iraq, Afganistan, Watts, Harlem, but in the womb of the mother where that baby has 25% mortailty rate caused from that baby's own mother. What a sick world we live in where a parent is allowed to murder their own child simply out of convenience.
What a sick world we live in where the United States has to send folks to Afghanistan, Iraq to take the lives of other human beings--I think you lose points on consistency when you make blanket statements like the very first one in the quoted section above.

No one has answered one of my initial questions on this thread: how is anybody forcing anything down anyone's throats? Whodat and others consistently state that they are opposed to homosexuality and homosexual marriages and homosexual unions--so obviously nothing has been forced down their throats.

Whodat claims that if they don't accept the so-called homosexual agenda, then he and others with the same beliefs will be considered hateful and repugnant--but that's not evidence of forcing anything down one's throat because whodat is free to associate with others who believe as he does--that homosexuality is some perverse and sinful act.

So the terms "force" in this context are entirely misplaced. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. The way anti-homosexuality people frame their opinions makes it seem as if some homosexual is trying to force his lifestyle onto you--that is he/she is trying to make you become a homosexual--and this is not the case at all. Homosexuals merely want to live life free of discrimination and to take advantage of all the privileges and guarantees of being an American citizen and living in a free society. That's all they want, but the religionists on this thread seem to equate homosexuals' appeals for full citizenship to be this unholy specter of forcing homosexuality onto all people. That's just a misguided and downright illogical assertion.

So I suggest that in future posts, the anti-homosexual proponents need to 1) explain what they mean by forcing something down one's throat, or 2) change the word choices they use to explain their opposition to homosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi