U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM

9 posts, read 45,827 times

Advertisements

My family is starting to plan a family reunion. We are primarily from SW TN and middle to north Mississippi and we are looking for a site in Mississippi--probably between Granada (to the south)and the TN state line to the north. We would probably have 100-150 people and would be looking for a site that had cabins and a group meeting place and activities for kids. I've looked at state parks a little and would like to consider church camps and scout camps if they are available for such events--maybe there are also camps owned by companies that can also be rented. I would appreciate any info that might lead me in the right direction.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 5,777 times
The parks at Grenada, Enid, Sardis and Arkabutla Lakes are hard to beat and have plenty of room for large families to gather with beautiful views. Also, all of these parks receive little pressure for lakes of their size. I highly recommend Enid Lake and its surrounding parks/state park (Cossar) if you and the family are looking for some solitude at a beautiful location. Some of the parks have cabins to rent as well, I miss Enid Lake all the time and I have only been gone for about a year. Have fun!

Old 07-24-2012, 06:00 AM

9 posts, read 45,827 times
I wondered if those were big enough from looking at them online but I haven't called yet. Thanks for giving me a good review--I'll look at those first.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,603 times
Wonder if someone could help me. I need to find a location for family reunion. I was thinking upper Mississippi area.
We will have around 100-120 members and need main lodge where we can all eat together and visit. It also needs to have rooms in main lodge and cabins, needs to have air-conditioning.

We met in Pigeon Forge last time and it was perfect with main lodge having 15 rooms, video room, main living room and double kitchen with dining area attached. There were cabins all around as well.
It's just too far for those coming from Ca, Tx & Fl.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
Walker Reunion 2017

Old 01-05-2016, 09:57 PM

22,973 posts, read 14,311,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket15miller View Post
Wonder if someone could help me. I need to find a location for family reunion. I was thinking upper Mississippi area.
We will have around 100-120 members and need main lodge where we can all eat together and visit. It also needs to have rooms in main lodge and cabins, needs to have air-conditioning.

We met in Pigeon Forge last time and it was perfect with main lodge having 15 rooms, video room, main living room and double kitchen with dining area attached. There were cabins all around as well.
It's just too far for those coming from Ca, Tx & Fl.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
Walker Reunion 2017
Hey Cricket,

Lake Pickwick has a hotel like that. It's actually in Tennessee, right on the MS/TN line
Pickwick Landing State Park — Tennessee State Parks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi