Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 AM

398 posts, read 545,551 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks:

Had a very pleasant surprise this week.

My poor 2003 car had been losing its bearings-----not unlike its owner--- up front for a little bit and I was getting pretty nervous. Its not that I couldn't change them out myself---if I was back home. But home is about 1000 miles away and now I must "rely on the kindness of strangers". I tried to do the job myself, but when my cheap tools and a failed jack came into the picture I decided that maybe I needed to take a risk. Thats when I got my pleasant surprise.

There is a rather fine auto repair shop on Pass Road in Biloxi----wait for it--- "Joes Garage" who were absolutely superb. The work was well-done, timely and at a reason price. The garage is a larger 3-bay establishment, owned and operated by an older couple and the busy parking lot outside told me that not a few people had been well served in the past. However, thats not the reason that I started this thread.

The reason for this thread is that I am a relative newby to Mississippi---closing on my 3rd month. And I have noticed more than a few threads that were cautionary or disparaging of this local. Well and good. If someone wewre headed to the Chicago area I would probably roll my eyes in some respects as well. However, I would bet dollars against donuts that a lot of other folks have had good experiences at various establishments or stores, or services and maybe folks who are new like me, or planning on relocating wouldn't mind getting a thumbnail on some of peoples better experiences and where they had them? Anybody want to share?

FWIW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM

159 posts, read 263,667 times
i have a nissan and just take it to the major Nissan dealership here in meridian, you will pay a little more but they have certified techs that actually have training on those makes, ford and nissan. i have never used a mom and pop place to get my car repaired. i even use the dealership for quick lube service also. you get what you pay for!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 PM

398 posts, read 545,551 times
Thanks, John....have you found one that is mentionable here?

FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi