U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM

26 posts, read 52,720 times

Advertisements

Let's start with Malachy DeHenry, one of the Jackson abortion clinics fine doctors. He finally plead guilty to killing his wife, Nyasha Rose DeHenry, about 10 yrs after he did it in 1998 via gunshot to the head. He is in prison. You can check out his history through the Laurel Leader Call, MS newspaper archives. Of course 5 yrs before that he raped a patient and was convicted of that. He had previously lost his medical licenses in the states of AL and NY for botched abortions. Previously in Dec '05 he was required to pay substantial damages to a woman who was injured in a failed abortion in '03 and he eventually lost his MS license. During his testimony, Dehenre said, "I found work in Jackson, and it happened to be an abortion clinic in which an obstetrician was needed. I needed money to pay expenses and education for my children. It was supposed to be temporary, but it turned out to be longer. I was in a position I didn't want to be in, but I needed work." The clinic had no explanation for why they hired him. He said, "I don't want to be an outcast. I want to be among the medical community." Gee, I wonder why those mean old 'religious hospitals' wouldn't give him admitting privileges? Don't you??

In one Alabama case, a woman he worked on died 18 hours after having an abortion. Three of the other women had to have hysterectomies to stop massive hemorrhaging from uterine perforations, and it was alleged in both AL and NY that he encouraged them not to go to the hospital. In the death in NY this dr. admitted in court he should have met the patient at the hospital or relayed medical information to the doctor who treated her there (but of course he didn't have admitting privileges) This incidentally is believed to be the dr. who worked on my friend's child but the clinic was not forthcoming with that information.

During his murder trial a dispatcher with the Jones County Sheriff's Office, who took the 911 calls from the DeHenre home, testified she heard Dr. DeHenre laughing uncontrollably in the background as she spoke with his daughter whose mother had been murdered. This man is who the clinic felt was qualified to treat women needing an abortion. Or, was he just the person they could hire cheap? Check the court record in Jones County if you don't believe it.

The current owner of Jackson's abortion clinic is Dianne Derzis. She also owned a clinic in Birmingham, AL which was shut down after 3 abortion patients were sent to area hospitals in ONE DAY. (of course those drs. didn't have admitting privileges either). Check the Birmingham, AL daily newspaper for that info. Check their health department records to read the 76 PAGES of violations which were found on one inspection.

Then we come to Dr. Milan Chepko, who also didn't have privileges. He was convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude in 1991, and ...well I think I need to cook dinner now. Perhaps you have some idea of why the State of MS has passed this law. Although I expect another 8 pages of debate from those who truly believe that people have the right to support their political beliefs on the wombs and internal organs of women who have been fooled into going to this clinic for medical treatment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM

554 posts, read 574,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiK View Post
Let's start with Malachy DeHenry, one of the Jackson abortion clinics fine doctors. He finally plead guilty to killing his wife, Nyasha Rose DeHenry, about 10 yrs after he did it in 1998 via gunshot to the head. He is in prison. You can check out his history through the Laurel Leader Call, MS newspaper archives. Of course 5 yrs before that he raped a patient and was convicted of that. He had previously lost his medical licenses in the states of AL and NY for botched abortions. Previously in Dec '05 he was required to pay substantial damages to a woman who was injured in a failed abortion in '03 and he eventually lost his MS license. During his testimony, Dehenre said, "I found work in Jackson, and it happened to be an abortion clinic in which an obstetrician was needed. I needed money to pay expenses and education for my children. It was supposed to be temporary, but it turned out to be longer. I was in a position I didn't want to be in, but I needed work." The clinic had no explanation for why they hired him. He said, "I don't want to be an outcast. I want to be among the medical community." Gee, I wonder why those mean old 'religious hospitals' wouldn't give him admitting privileges? Don't you??

In one Alabama case, a woman he worked on died 18 hours after having an abortion. Three of the other women had to have hysterectomies to stop massive hemorrhaging from uterine perforations, and it was alleged in both AL and NY that he encouraged them not to go to the hospital. In the death in NY this dr. admitted in court he should have met the patient at the hospital or relayed medical information to the doctor who treated her there (but of course he didn't have admitting privileges) This incidentally is believed to be the dr. who worked on my friend's child but the clinic was not forthcoming with that information.

During his murder trial a dispatcher with the Jones County Sheriff's Office, who took the 911 calls from the DeHenre home, testified she heard Dr. DeHenre laughing uncontrollably in the background as she spoke with his daughter whose mother had been murdered. This man is who the clinic felt was qualified to treat women needing an abortion. Or, was he just the person they could hire cheap? Check the court record in Jones County if you don't believe it.

The current owner of Jackson's abortion clinic is Dianne Derzis. She also owned a clinic in Birmingham, AL which was shut down after 3 abortion patients were sent to area hospitals in ONE DAY. (of course those drs. didn't have admitting privileges either). Check the Birmingham, AL daily newspaper for that info. Check their health department records to read the 76 PAGES of violations which were found on one inspection.

Then we come to Dr. Milan Chepko, who also didn't have privileges. He was convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude in 1991, and ...well I think I need to cook dinner now. Perhaps you have some idea of why the State of MS has passed this law. Although I expect another 8 pages of debate from those who truly believe that people have the right to support their political beliefs on the wombs and internal organs of women who have been fooled into going to this clinic for medical treatment.
So ... you've given anecdotal evidence regarding who shouldn't be hired to work in an abortion clinic. You've given no argument as to why there shouldn't be at least one abortion clinic in the state of Mississippi.

Why don't you give some thought as to why the Jackson clinic cannot seem to attract a board-qualified obstetrician/gynecologist. Let me give you some leads ... what competent physician in his/her right mind would want to work in a place where he/she is harassed on a daily basis, subject to picketing at his/her residence, threats made against his/her children, and placed at higher risk of being assaulted or murdered, all because of the job ?

The pool of potential medical providers is vastly diminished because Mississippi is a backward state. It's backward because of the low educational attainment of its citizens generally, and the high proportion of religious lunatics who believe that the bible is the law governing the citizenry and who wish to stick their noses into the private medical decisions of other people. Very few competent OB/GYN's who are willing to provide abortion services would work under such conditions. Why would they, when they can work in a more pleasant environment where the right to abortion is not an issue with a small percentage of troublemakers.

As far as non-religiously-affiliated hospitals granting admitting privileges, none of them want the hassle of dealing with anti-abortion lunatics. They are governed by execs and board members who are cowards, people who don't want to deal with their lunatic neighbors and judgmental communities. It's a sad state of affairs. But one I don't see changing in the near or far future.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM

15,814 posts, read 23,845,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Interesting, The folks who place no value on the potential of a child also denigrate a whole state. Perhaps we should just nuke Mississippi, since everyone born there is obviously going to become an illiterate redneck who lives off a welfare check, anyway. Of course, this attitude should not be a surprise, coming from folks who are ok with the mass murder of our most defenseless citizens. It is pretty rich of y'all to be so pro-choice, since you're already here. Being pro choice is more fun when you aren't the one being murdered, isn't it?
A child cries. A child poops and wakes you up and 3:30am. You are not pro-life, you are pro-birth. If you were against abortion, I can accept that with no problem, don't have one, but to tell a woman what she can and can't do is not your place. When the republicans in Mississippi agree to raise taxes for the poor, I have no complaints about their pro-birth choice. Being "pro-life" ends when you gripe and complain about welfare recipients with 4 young kids and you not wanting your tax dollars to go to them. Most of the people getting abortions are the ones who know that they cannot afford them.
Stop forcing you're beliefs on everyone else, no one makes you have abortions.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:58 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,617,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenfatt View Post
After having read the commentaries from the out-of-staters who seem to feel their thoughts are of value on this regional issue, I feel compelled to offer my own take on the abortion issue here in Mississippi. I truly think that hose who find abortion to be a womans choice should take every opportunity to abort. Encourage your friends and like-minded individuals to do the same. I do not share your belief, but as long as you don't pay for it with my tax money, I think you should be permitted to do whatever you like.

Inside two generations there shouldnt be any of you morons left.
1. Belief isn't genetic.

2. Tax money doesn't go to pay for abortions in the US. Ever heard of the Hyde Amendment?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 AM

26 posts, read 52,720 times
I would hardly say I've 'given evidence.' This forum isn't set up to provide links here and there. I've told you where to check the facts if you wish. It is not my or your place to decide who is hired to work in the Jackson abortion clinic. What I have done is told what has happened there. And the original question was not about picketing, politics or anti or pro abortion rhetoric. The original question was why MS would pass a law requiring abortion clinic drs to be able to admit patients to a hospital.

Critics of the law (and I guess the state) have one opinion. I have another. The difference in the opinions is that I have taken the time to research what has gone on at that clinic.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 AM

15,814 posts, read 23,845,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiK View Post
I would hardly say I've 'given evidence.' This forum isn't set up to provide links here and there. I've told you where to check the facts if you wish. It is not my or your place to decide who is hired to work in the Jackson abortion clinic. What I have done is told what has happened there. And the original question was not about picketing, politics or anti or pro abortion rhetoric. The original question was why MS would pass a law requiring abortion clinic drs to be able to admit patients to a hospital.

Critics of the law (and I guess the state) have one opinion. I have another. The difference in the opinions is that I have taken the time to research what has gone on at that clinic.
You can copy and paste links just fine here.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 AM

10,062 posts, read 11,625,651 times
I don't think anyone on the pro-abortion rights side could write as incisively as the late Joseph Sobran on the subject:

Sobran's --- Abortion and Hatred

Sobran Column -- Abortion and the English Language

JOE SOBRAN: ABORTION AND AUTHORITARIANISM | The Dakota Beacon

And yes, I am aware of Mr. Sobran's apparent anti-Semitism, but that doesn't discredit him on this matter.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:37 PM

7,112 posts, read 3,392,851 times
Everything about Mississippi is backwards! Have you all seen the Lieutenant Governor, dude looks like a lady.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM

10,062 posts, read 11,625,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Everything about Mississippi is backwards! Have you all seen the Lieutenant Governor, dude looks like a lady.

I think Tate Reeves looks like a younger Bill Gates with shorter hair.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM

3,739 posts, read 3,688,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
How about some teen abstinence?
Many women seeking abortion are well out of their teens, have children already, and who take precautions that for whatever reason fail. They are trying to be responsible by not bringing an unwanted child into the world who needs will strain the family, perhaps to the point of needing public assistance to make ends meet. Isn't it ironic that if the child is born, the mother would be derided as irresponsible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi