U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 05:45 PM

7,217 posts, read 5,381,385 times

Advertisements

The race of the fellow that did the dragging and burning didn't hardly make the news.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...oral-candidate
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 05:57 PM

26 posts, read 52,751 times
It appears that this is going to be a 'love' crime rather than a 'hate' crime. The thief and murderer fell in love with the unfortunate candidate's nice SUV and decided to take it. Insofar as dragging and burning, law enforcement has clearly stated that the dragging consisted of marks on the victim's body showing that he had been dragged a few yards out of a vehicle to be dumped. The burning consisted of the idiot murderer trying to hide the body by burning some brush over him.

No - I doubt his politics, sexual preference, or race had much to do with his death. More his ability to work and purchase a nice car - and the other fellow's desire to get that for free. But none of that will hit the national news. Bennie Thompson will rack up points with the permanently unhappy-with-color/life/reality-crowd. Gays will take it as a sure sign that he was attacked for his sexuality and everyone will move on.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM

3,532 posts, read 5,113,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiK View Post
It appears that this is going to be a 'love' crime rather than a 'hate' crime. The thief and murderer fell in love with the unfortunate candidate's nice SUV and decided to take it. Insofar as dragging and burning, law enforcement has clearly stated that the dragging consisted of marks on the victim's body showing that he had been dragged a few yards out of a vehicle to be dumped. The burning consisted of the idiot murderer trying to hide the body by burning some brush over him.

No - I doubt his politics, sexual preference, or race had much to do with his death. More his ability to work and purchase a nice car - and the other fellow's desire to get that for free. But none of that will hit the national news. Bennie Thompson will rack up points with the permanently unhappy-with-color/life/reality-crowd. Gays will take it as a sure sign that he was attacked for his sexuality and everyone will move on.
Great summary. Thanks for the update! And you've summed-up very well the media culture of untruth that is the reason why we stopped buying newspapers and magazines a few years back. Frankly, I've even stopped buying books. And we're certainly not going to get cable, and PAY for someone to lie to us and distort reality. When the switch to 'digital' happened, and it was assumed everybody would 'have to' get new sets or convertors, we packed the TVs away. "Have to"? Not us. A couple of the TVs followed us to Oregon. But they never made it out of their boxes. If the infrastructure ever goes down, we might take one out and use it for watching DVDs.

Media and publishing seem to have been turned into one huge lie machine. Everything... even 'nonfiction' books, seems to be run through the same filter. Nothing contradicting the narrative generated to advance the Frankfurt School's Agenda seems to make it through. Authors without red diapers don't get published. And "news articles" like the distorted abominations written about this crime in Clarksdale are the norm.

Thanks for providing us with the real information regarding this case.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM

159 posts, read 249,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
Honey, try to find another job in another state, being gay in a place like Mississippi isnt a good idea. Remember, they still live in the dark ages.
your an idiot, and your mother still dresses you for the short BUS and by the way we have more culture in our little pinky toe than what ever liberal hell hole you come from, thats right we are the birth place of all modern music, rock-n-roll, and the blues, so go back to your welfare check and get a life SCUMBAG!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 PM

159 posts, read 249,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notatwink View Post
Hi y'all I have been recently offered a decent job located in Brandon I would be moving from the atlanta area to work there. Now my concern would have to do with the fact that i am a gay man and whether that would pose a "problem" in a city like brandon?

I don't flaunt my sexuality but the truth is anyone who's talked to me for more than 5 minutes somehow seems to guess that I am indeed gay (i guess i'm a lot more butch in my head). Are there any neighborhoods you can perhaps recommend that i should check out that would be more "open minded"?

My partner has no plans as of yet to move down with me if i do accept the position but i assume/hope he will be visiting and spending a good deal of time with me there.

Thanks for the suggestions!
I believe its 2013 and i could close my eyes and throw a rock in any direction and hit someone whose gay, Hell the vice Pres of our company is openly gay and its just fine, but hell even Cali has redneck biggots!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 PM

21 posts, read 44,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ryder View Post
your an idiot, and your mother still dresses you for the short BUS and by the way we have more culture in our little pinky toe than what ever liberal hell hole you come from, thats right we are the birth place of all modern music, rock-n-roll, and the blues, so go back to your welfare check and get a life SCUMBAG!!!
.....nice job in taking the high road, assuming just as many things about that person that they assumed about you. Way to prove their point, especially with an offensive remark toward the mentally handicapped. The lack of basic grammar skills doesn't help either.

Some people don't like Mississippi. It happens. Respond like a grown-up or don't respond at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi