Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,457 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

We are planning to move to Mississippi here in the next couple of months and I was wondering how Holly Springs was? How is the crime? How are the schools? How are the people in general? Any input would be greatly appreciated. One of the properties is 12 miles outside of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 PM

324 posts, read 416,404 times
I go through Holly Spring quite a bit, but don't know anyone there. As a matter of fact, I will be going through there in the next day or two. To me, it appears to be your typical Mississippi small town. Not really much there.

Greatschools.net gives the HS a 4, out of a possible 10.

The people seem pretty nice. Ive gottern turned around and have needed to ask for directions a time or two. Not sure about the crime. There is a College in the town, so I would assume there may be a few issues with that many young people, partys etc.. The town doesn't make news much, so I guess that's gotta count for something..lol...

good luck

Old 04-12-2013, 05:54 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,108,334 times
Oxford, New Albany and Olive Branch are all within 30 minutes of Holly Springs and much nicer towns. Holly Springs does have many beautiful antebellum homes but in general is not as affluent as neighboring towns.

New Albany is a clean, typical small town, Mayberry-esque, with the $2 billion Toyota plant in town and an easy 20 minutes to shopping and restaurants in Tupelo. Olive Branch is a booming suburban area outside Memphis, and Oxford is an elegant college town.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:07 AM

5 posts, read 9,239 times
Does anyone have any more insight about Holly Springs? I'm wondering if anyone that resides in Holly Springs or the surrounding area can provide me some insight about the community; economy, schools, crime, amenities, etc. Thanks!

Old 08-03-2017, 11:39 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio View Post
Oxford, New Albany and Olive Branch are all within 30 minutes of Holly Springs and much nicer towns. Holly Springs does have many beautiful antebellum homes but in general is not as affluent as neighboring towns.

New Albany is a clean, typical small town, Mayberry-esque, with the $2 billion Toyota plant in town and an easy 20 minutes to shopping and restaurants in Tupelo. Olive Branch is a booming suburban area outside Memphis, and Oxford is an elegant college town.
^^ This.

I love MS as much as the next person but I doubt I'd live in Holly Springs unless I was from there. If you want a small town, Oxford and New Albany to the south and east gives you that. If you want a metro area, Desoto County gives you that to the west.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:35 PM

5 posts, read 9,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
^^ This.

I love MS as much as the next person but I doubt I'd live in Holly Springs unless I was from there. If you want a small town, Oxford and New Albany to the south and east gives you that. If you want a metro area, Desoto County gives you that to the west.
Thank you for the feed back. I adore the quaint antebellum homes and the fact that many are priced to sell but I think that my search will be focusing closer to Oxford and New Albany.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:40 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
Quote:

Good summary here. I'm hearing good things about New Albany.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 11,108 times
Quote:

you do a great job of promoting our state. I appreciate that.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,092 times
We moved to Holly Springs in 2016 into a remodeled antibellum home. The comments before this fail to mention how lovely the people are who live here. The community is very artistic, eccentric, and friendlier than anywhere that I've ever lived. We absolutely love Holly Springs.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:03 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Holly Springs just landed a pretty big Cooper Tire distribution center, maybe that will be a shot in the arm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi