Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 PM

209 posts, read 460,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan2 View Post
very weird combination to say the least. but its nice to see that people from the north move down to the south. how do you like living in MS?

I agree with others idea that secure a job may be a good choice to moving to Miss.
I understand that many big city guys never come to Miss or somewhere to have a "rural life" without a big traffic jam on the toll way. You can get up 20 minutes earlier to the work and you can even arrive early. However, you will feel boring of Miss in a short time, in a short time, seriously.

My two cents: Take a vacation in Miss, got a job in like Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta or Miami and live in those cities' suburb. You will have the best-off experience of South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,799,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan2 View Post
for someone who has never been [to mississippi] and has lived in the north my whole life, would it be smart to move there?
no!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:04 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,090,233 times
The South isn't for everybody. and it has its warts. But if you are fortunate to have a good job you love, family around, and financial security it is the best as far as I am concerned. It
is the best kept secret--a sheer magical place to live with the ambience of pleasant wine and a tradition of good manners and style. If I have to leave this paradise, I will sorely miss it. But it can be kooky and I just ignore that part---like an open-carry law--quite nuts-and the lack of reason prevailing over entrenched ultra conservative thought. All that stuff is here, but it doesn't take away from the majesty of a way of life that is found nowhere else in the country. If you focus on the dumb stuff--and there is dumb stuff--you will miss the real charm, mystery, and excitement of Southern living. So come down and root for the Rebs and ignore the naysayers who have to have everything be like back home and who can't see the forest for the trees. I have to leave MS soon I fear--but I will never forget it. Even its warts!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:49 PM

4 posts, read 6,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
The South isn't for everybody. and it has its warts. But if you are fortunate to have a good job you love, family around, and financial security it is the best as far as I am concerned. It
is the best kept secret--a sheer magical place to live with the ambience of pleasant wine and a tradition of good manners and style. If I have to leave this paradise, I will sorely miss it. But it can be kooky and I just ignore that part---like an open-carry law--quite nuts-and the lack of reason prevailing over entrenched ultra conservative thought. All that stuff is here, but it doesn't take away from the majesty of a way of life that is found nowhere else in the country. If you focus on the dumb stuff--and there is dumb stuff--you will miss the real charm, mystery, and excitement of Southern living. So come down and root for the Rebs and ignore the naysayers who have to have everything be like back home and who can't see the forest for the trees. I have to leave MS soon I fear--but I will never forget it. Even its warts!
Hear Hear...I second everything you have said in this eloquently written post. So well said, I can't even think of a thing to add...other than, please don't leave MS...we need more of you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi