Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 07:13 PM

9 posts, read 28,016 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I NEED SOME HELP!!! I'm moving to the Tupeo area December 15th. I've been searching for roommates all over and haven't had any luck. ALSO, I was wondering if you could tell me which apartments are in good areas around there. I'm a 20 year old female and I'm looking for a roommate or just a good area to live in Tupelo or even up to Booneville. Thanks for your help. I am SERIOUSLY IN NEED OF HELP!

Much Thanks,
Kassandra
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 AM

251 posts, read 1,062,879 times
Hey Kassandra,

Yeah, I used all the roommate search finders and came up empty as well. And it appears that there are no 'big' apartment complexes cause I haven't been able to find anything online.

I plan on moving up to the general area sometime early next year so if you find something let me know.

Chimp

Old 11-13-2007, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,300 times
Finding a roommate will be hard. Most of the towns in that are are trailor home cities.
Tupelo has a lot of homes that were built by the owners when they relocated back to the south from the north. Even Elvis Pressley only had a 2 room house. Maybe go to Booneville. I know you make have to just go to I-61 and travel til you find something.
Good luck,
Deborah B.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,294 times
When was the last time you went to Tupelo??? It's grown soooo much and there are really nice apartments EVERYWHERE!!! Downtown has ALOT of fun new areas to be in!! Especially for young people. They are a little pricier though. However, Booneville isn't close enough to rent an apartment and work in Tupelo. There are some great apartments on Main St (close to Gloster) and on some side streets. You could probably find a GREAT house to rent as well!!! Always a good idea. Especially in the older section of town but still in the downtown area. They are working hard to fix that section up and I know they have reasonable living costs! Good luck! (oh... and I WOULD try Saltillo!!!)

Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 PM

9 posts, read 28,016 times
I came out there in April this year. Do you know any specific apartments that are nice? Moderator cut: Please direct message this poster with any specific recommendations - otherwise we open the door to advertising, which isn't allowed - thanks!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-15-2007 at 05:17 AM..

Old 11-20-2007, 06:53 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,641,618 times
I dont know what your cash flow is like, but you could probably buy a small home in Tupelo for less than you can rent an apt in a large city. Check the mortgage rates and then check the home prices. Very reasonable. I will probably be moving to Tupelo in 2009 and I am looking at properties already. I was in Tupelo over Laborday weekend. Great little town, I could retire there and travel in the summer and be quite happy.

Squidlo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi