Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 09:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStateDawg View Post
I did not vote for Obama. I was simply stating that Starkville did. Can you read?

I stand corrected, but after reading so much nonsensical b.s from you it was easy to be confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
You babbled on and proved nothing. Can you name one major city that is at least 40% Black, controlled by democrats, and not rundown? And if you can is that city's Black section not run down?

That is a trick question since any city that has a black population that high will have a section that would have a portion that is disenfranchised since blacks (along with other groups) tend to vote democratically anyway. Why take it step further to also point out that those cities are more then likely to have a republican governor as well.

Since you want to nit-pick how many predominately white cities have poor neighborhoods that are represented by republicans?

I'm not advocating that blacks and other groups should continue to vote democratic, but I refuse to believe that republicans will make things better considering that they openly disrespect blacks ever chance that most of them get.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks again for the insult referring to me as an oreo. Personal attacks that is real cute.

I would'nt give you that much credit, to call you and oreo would be an insult to the cookie itself.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:04 PM

428 posts, read 848,527 times
[quote=simetime;32438104]I would'nt give you that much credit, to call you and oreo would be an insult to the cookie itself.[/QUOte

Once again personal attacks. I have come to the conclusion that this forum is majority stupid people and only a few actual intelligent people on here. That being said I am deleting my account because I did not come on here for personal attacks but actual intelligent debate. I work in a field with other academics especially people with history degrees so I will just stick to talking to them at work for intelligent convo. Goodbye city-data it was not fun.

Lastly though please stop putting your apostrophes in the wrong spot. You do that every post. "Would'nt" is not a word. It is Black people like you who make it hard for Blacks like me in my field because people assume we can't spell, write, or speak properly.

Anyways deuces I am deleting my account because most of the people on here are idiots.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:15 PM

998 posts, read 1,324,653 times
Quote:
Ok I am African American
I stopped reading right there. sure....we believe you....

Old 12-01-2013, 04:28 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,239,323 times
Quote:
Once again personal attacks. I have come to the conclusion that this forum is majority stupid people and only a few actual intelligent people on here. That being said I am deleting my account because I did not come on here for personal attacks but actual intelligent debate. I work in a field with other academics especially people with history degrees so I will just stick to talking to them at work for intelligent convo. Goodbye city-data it was not fun.
Anyways deuces I am deleting my account because most of the people on here are idiots.
For what it's worth, this forum is quite tame by internet standards. The mods do a pretty good job at keeping people in line. Anyway, good luck on taking your ball and going home.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 PM

[quote=MissStateDawg;32438636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I would'nt give you that much credit, to call you and oreo would be an insult to the cookie itself.[/QUOte

I, like others could have been more understanding if this was a real intelligent debate, unfortunately it was not after you accused a young boy of whistling at married woman (which he nor you could have possibly known) and than later you praise a man who was responsible (directly/indirectly) for the misery of countless numbers of people that look like you. The really sad thing about that is, if he would had succeeded you being bi-racial and college educated would not even be here in the first place.

I will apologize for attacking you, but the statements that were made were such an embarrassment to people of color who have lived and died for the equal treatment of all of us. You claim to be educated in history and in black studies but yet you posed a question even the hardest racist on C-D would not dare to touch. I have been on this site for some time now and I'm very familiar with many of the people of color which ranges from the militant to the confused to the brainwashed, but none of them had (not to my knowledge) ever posted anything that made even non-blacks question their ethnicity except you. Sadly, you post garbage which many call trolling, and you get a negative backlash so you do the very same thing that you are upset at me for doing....name calling. Because you cannot get a nonsenscal point across, everyone is now "stupid" that does not agree with you. Now you announce that you are going back to those who are just as out of touch as you are to reinforce your hurt ego. If the response that you got was that overwhelming negative, maybe you should perhaps go back and re-think your position or what you wrote and try to get people to understand. This what educated adults do.

Lastly though please stop putting your apostrophes in the wrong spot. You do that every post. "Would'nt" is not a word. It is Black people like you who make it hard for Blacks like me in my field because people assume we can't spell, write, or speak properly.

Maybe so in your opinion, but since I'm very proficent in what I do in the medical field, I'm not that overly concerned about a misplaced apostrope or two has any real effect whenever that I'm trying to make a valid point, apparently you like others knew what I was saying without further explanation. You on the other hand, can only make a point to those who think like you and thus are unable to persuade or lead anyone to a better life or better decesion making. The real irony is that you as a supposely educated person of color is looked upon to take the sacrifices of your ancestors and build on that and help those who look up to your accomplishments. Sadly, you have taken the attitude of "believe what I believe or you are just stupid" approach.

Oh, one more thing, before you critize someone's spelling or grammar please take into account not all of us are sitting in front of a keyboard, some of us are using other forms of communitication to get on C-D or are doing other things at the same time and might not have time to proofread what they send out and is no way indicative of their intelligence level or their ability to speak properly. I'm just throwing that out there.

It is always easy to take the coward's way out instead of sticking it out to make your stance clear and understandable. Rather you know it or not you and people like you are just as much to blame for the confusion in the black community as the drug dealers, rappers, and the corperations that push their unhealthy wares to the nation as a whole. How? Because you get (mis)educated and turn your back and degrade those very same people who are trying to do something with their lives but are facing obstacles that you never had to. We as people of color need our educated people to encourage those who aspire to learn, not distance themselves from them and then talk about them like they are less than nothing.

Peace Simetime

Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zblanton1 View Post
Lol I didn't bother reading the TWELVE PAGE RIOT this post has started .... But Emmett Till got his own marker in Money, Mississippi for

A. Being the main reason why the Civil Rights Movement even started.

B. Because the grocery store that he DID whistle at the white woman at is slowly crumbling and is likely to fall in and disappear under mounds of kudzu in the next 5 years.

C. Because this was a historical part of the state of Mississippi and the Delta, like it or not it happened and it is part of our history as a state and as a people.

It's also one of the MANY Civil Right markers that are gonna go up all over the state of Mississippi.
Mississippi has a very different history than the 13 original colonies. Misissippi was a Spanish and French colony and has a Latin and Creole cultural synthesis and history. So therefore, even the blacks are different from other parts of the nation.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zblanton1 View Post
And no, Trayvon Martin is NOT the modern day Emmett Till. Trayvon Martin attacked a man minding his own business, and Zimmerman did what any other person would do ... He defended himself. Trayvon Martin asked for it, Emmett Till was just whispering at a woman in what happened to be 1950s Deep South. Till didn't understand that in the Deep South, African-Americans were looked down upon as an inferior race.
Emmet Till was aware that he was part of a percieved inferior race. Many African Americans and blacks knew, however the South was just a mother****ing racist place PERIOD.

Emmet Till was technically mixed race, and he had white ancestry. The problem was that Emmet Till was a threat and harassing an individual, and they reacted with alarm and self defense when they killed Till. It was crazy though that he died. They should have just arrested Emmet Till.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
A person minding their own business doesn't follow people in their cars. And if you want to ignore sworn testimony that Zimmerman attacked first, then that's on you but the facts is that he set the events in motion. And no, Martin didn't ask to be shot in the chest like a dog as the result of a 1 minute altercation that wasn't his fault.
Why do some of you stay having this dead kid's name in your mouth?? if the same thing happened to your kid, you would be devastated.

Ugh, this thread was such a bad idea.
Zimmerman never testified and there is no confirmed proof of who started the altercation first or attacked first. The evidence shows that Zimmerman had bruises on his head and body and Trayvon attacked George Zimmerman and Trayvon was bashing Zimmerman's head in the ground.

If there was proof that George Zimmerman attacked first, then George would have been convicted. Burden of proof is on Trayvon, but welp, Trayvon is DEAD. evidence shows that both Trayvon and Zimmerman were wrong in some degree.

In the moment of when Zimmerman was being attacked he was defending himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi