U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 AM

22,137 posts, read 13,708,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin14 View Post
I respectfully disagree as Clinton issued vetoes more then any other President in recent history even when they were veto proof. It was his stated position at the time and he even ran a re-election ad taking credit for the legislation. Clinton opposed government recognition of same sex marraige while supporting Civil Unions which is the same exact position of GWB and that of Obama at the time of his election. Clinton only called for its repeal last year almost 20 years after signing it into law.
Point is, I don't think that congress or The President has any business driving legislation of any sort on the gay marriage issue.

Steve Palazzo is entitled to an opinion, but my fear is that he will join with a band of control freaks of one flavor or another and attempt to "save" us all from some horror.

I extend my very strong feelings on this subject to the Starkville City Council who felt moved to recognize gays and lesbians. The whole issue is none of their concern.

Legislators should legislate. They should leave moralizing and proselytizing to those who do not legislate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,036 times
The right to free speech includes everyone.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:41 PM

15,811 posts, read 23,827,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin14 View Post
Those who support gay marriage without supporting polygamy are hypocrites. All the same reasoning and arguments apply. I would have more respect for the regressives if they fought for polygamists with the same zeal they do for gay marraige. It's irrational for the position they argue for to not be on the streets fighting for polygamist rights in tandem w/their sudden obsession with gay marraige. In fact since polygamy is illegal they should be fighting even more for their rights if their arguments were based on the rationale they claim.
Polygamy is a religious thing, fine with them, fine with me. It's not many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi