Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 01:21 PM

19 posts, read 28,031 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am originally from New Jersey currently living in the Upstate South Carolina, moved here with my daughter in September in hopes of starting over in an affordable area however seems jobs are not easy to come by here especially for the hours I as a single mama without nearby family can work. I've been working 20 hours a week which makes it tough to get by and my job is just a temporary one, just recently however I was offered a job by a friend who is from Mississippi and has her own office there.

The pay she has offered me $100 a day which is a good deal more than I've made in years (since before the economy tanked), more than I make right now at $8.50 an hour and definately more than I could hope to make in SC. The thing is I'm not at all familiar with MS so I'm wondering if any of you can give me some good info on what its like to live there. If its a good place to raise a child (mine is 10)? Where the best/affordable places are to live and if you all think it would be worth the move. We are simple people, I like to have some things to do but don't need to be in a big city or anything like that (here in our area of SC there is however almost nothing to do), would like to finally be somewhere that I can lay down some roots for my little girl and I where we can make friends and long term relationships and a decent life.

Just want to make sure I make the right decision.

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi