Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:52 AM

92,099 posts, read 122,326,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
No, it doesnt always work that way.

No matter how nice Christians are too Jews, in general, their goal is to convert Jews. No matter how you mask that, they are saying to the Jews "You are wrong." As a Jew, that gets old.

The Evengelicals, in particular, are generally supportive of Israel and the Jewish people, but again, no matter how they sell that, it isnt for the sake of the Jewish people, it is because they have beliefs that are predicated on the actions of the Jewish people and Israel. It is about them. It also gets very uncomfortable the way some of them lord it over Jews just how supportive they are of Jews.

It happens everywhere. It seems worse in Mississippi.
What about Messianic Jews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 12:39 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,492,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What about Messianic Jews?
What about them? How does that have anything to do with what I said?

Having said that, Messianic Judaism is an statistical anomaly. They dont exist in number that could or do change the issue. I have no desire to get into a religious conversation, so I will just stick to statistics...which also shows that very few "Messianic Jews" are Jewish at all.

You can declare yourself anything you want to be. I support that, but that doesnt mean I, or Jewish doctrine has to accept it as a truth.

From a personal experience, those who claim to be Messianic Jews are among the most aggressive towards Jews about conversion. This is amplified by the fact the Messianic Jews tend to hang out in places where you will find Jews, such as a Kosher store or place to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi