U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Mid Atlantic USA
12,637 posts, read 12,953,607 times
Reputation: 5856

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
I'm guessing you don't know most people in Miss but you are an expert on them and more fit and intelligent too.

I'm a mechanical enginneer who works for Fluor, top engineering company in world. I grew up in rural SC and went to Clemson. By your negative view, I don't exist.

I am betting your definition of dumb is conservative. Liberals are fit , intelligent, etc, conservatives are dumb fatties.lol.

You don't come across as a nice person at all. Hateful

Government is the main reason healthcare costs are high. Obese people are not necessarily more sickly. I'm thin and have sky high cholesterol. Smokers probably die earlier so they probably need less insurance payouts than people who live longer. Everybody gets sick sometimes , even rich no doubt healthy doctors have gotten Ebola and cancer and other horrible diseases, which coSt money to treat

Why is govt the main reason health care costs are high. You don't think this has anything to do with the massive amount of uninsured people showing up at emergency rooms when they have got hit real bad with an accident or disease? You know we all pay for that. Govt run Medicare actually has lower costs, especially considering they are treating the elderly. Can you imagine how much private insurance would cost you if you were 65 years old and had to buy a policy. You would have zero money left over for anything else and would be poverty ridden. Why do conservatives always blame govt for everything?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:38 PM
 
123 posts, read 146,196 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Prospector View Post
This is a parody account, right?
Yeah, anybody who doesn't agree with your politics is a big joke. You are the man. But you can't actually challege me with specific arguments....just vague ad hominem. Because you are serious.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:43 PM
 
123 posts, read 146,196 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Why is govt the main reason health care costs are high. You don't think this has anything to do with the massive amount of uninsured people showing up at emergency rooms when they have got hit real bad with an accident or disease? You know we all pay for that. Govt run Medicare actually has lower costs, especially considering they are treating the elderly. Can you imagine how much private insurance would cost you if you were 65 years old and had to buy a policy. You would have zero money left over for anything else and would be poverty ridden. Why do conservatives always blame govt for everything?
lol you don't think we are paying for that now? Obamacare was just a huge tax, he forced all those people to get health insurance, but they get tax subsidies for it, paid for by the rest of us. There are no annual caps now, so we are basically giving those people a blank check. That is why premiums and deductibles have gone up for most people. How can you say governmnet doesn't increase costs if premiums and dectibles have gone up as direct result of the ACA? Think about it. You have direct proof of it, if you want to see it.

What Republicans wanted to do was try to push healthcare costs down, so that everybody, rich, middle class, and poor, pays less for it. OamaCare doesn't address that problem at all, it just takes money from one group of people and gives it another. The real problem still exists.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Mid Atlantic USA
12,637 posts, read 12,953,607 times
Reputation: 5856
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Well educated liberals are a dime a dozen.

I'm an educated centrist. Not well educated, just enough to get by.
.

We need more of you in every state in the country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Mid Atlantic USA
12,637 posts, read 12,953,607 times
Reputation: 5856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
lol you don't think we are paying for that now? Obamacare was just a huge tax, he forced all those people to get health insurance, but they get tax subsidies for it, paid for by the rest of us. There are no annual caps now, so we are basically giving those people a blank check. That is why premiums and deductibles have gone up for most people. How can you say governmnet doesn't increase costs if premiums and dectibles have gone up as direct result of the ACA? Think about it. You have direct proof of it, if you want to see it.

What Republicans wanted to do was try to push healthcare costs down, so that everybody, rich, middle class, and poor, pays less for it. OamaCare doesn't address that problem at all, it just takes money from one group of people and gives it another. The real problem still exists.

Tell me in straight terms how you can push healthcare costs down?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:50 PM
 
123 posts, read 146,196 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Tell me in straight terms how you can push healthcare costs down?
It isn't my job to tell you that. I'm not in Congress. We obviously aren't going to be allowed to do that as long as Democrats are in power, so what is the point? The solution is alwyas going to be more government and how has that worked out? Here a lot of people complaiining about the same stuff.

One of the best things we can do to help healthcare costs is getting America back to work. When people dont have jobs, higher chance they don't have insurance. Other people end up picking up their tab. We've been presided over by a job killing president for 6 years. Yet, he, and you guys just want to blame fat people. That's convenient, isn't it?

Whoever said that cancer is tied to obesity doesn't know what they are talking about. lol Cancer is cells that start dividing out of control, they lose what is called contact inhibition. Nothing to do with weight. It is result of a genetic mutation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Mid Atlantic USA
12,637 posts, read 12,953,607 times
Reputation: 5856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
It isn't my job to tell you that. I'm not in Congress. We obviously aren't going to be allowed to do that as long as Democrats are in power, so what is the point? The solution is alwyas going to be more government and how has that worked out? Here a lot of people complaiining about the same stuff.

One of the best things we can do to help healthcare costs is getting America back to work. When people dont have jobs, higher chance they don't have insurance. Other people end up picking up their tab. We've been presided over by a job killing president for 6 years. Yet, he, and you guys just want to blame fat people. That's convenient, isn't it?

Whoever said that cancer is tied to obesity doesn't know what they are talking about. lol Cancer is cells that start dividing out of control, they lose what is called contact inhibition. Nothing to do with weight. It is result of a genetic mutation.

Wrong dude. I never said one word about fat people. You are making stuff up. I said people going to emergency rooms. You seem ready to jump on anybody you think is not a like minded conservative.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 11:00 PM
 
123 posts, read 146,196 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Wrong dude. I never said one word about fat people. You are making stuff up. I said people going to emergency rooms. You seem ready to jump on anybody you think is not a like minded conservative.
Yeah yeah, and you aren't a liberal. A centrist, right? What liberal doesn't say that? I can do the same thing, I'm a centrist. Ok, well does that mean I'm automatically right? Are centrists always right because they position themselves a certain way? I don't think so. I can easily argue you are ready to jump on me because I am a conservative. You have a childish way of debating people. Just wasting time with semantic games. Talk about the issue or don't.

That emergency room talking point is a hollow talking point used by Obama when pitching his so called Affordable Care Act. If we are now paying for those people's healthcare costs through subsidies, and and there are no lifetime and annual caps, then we are getting extra screwed. We are paying more for those people than before, and actually before, it was the hospitals that were taking the hit. Now it is the middle class. Not to to mention middle class people who can afford to self insure are hit with a 600 plus dollar fine if they opt out of getting insurance. This premise that everybody who ddin't get insurance was not paying for their healthcare costs is a false premise. I am now fiannicailly punished by the governmnet for not paying their jakced up insurance rates even though I have the means to pay for my healthcare costs.

Who defines what the center is? Many issues have no center, it is you are for it, or against it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 11:10 PM
 
5,238 posts, read 7,652,446 times
Reputation: 11386
This has gotten way off track, this stuff belongs in the politics thread now. So why don't you continue over there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2014, 11:11 PM
 
123 posts, read 146,196 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
This has gotten way off track, this stuff belongs in the politics thread now. So why don't you continue over there.
lol it was a political topic from the start. All the people calling MS fat are Democrats who don't like the state's politics. It is a school yard taunt thing rooted in their politics. The OP was talking about how low income it was and I proved with election results for the various counties in MS that the 6 most affluent counties went to Romney big and he just barely lost the 7th most affluent. But the premise Democrats like to push is that conservatives are low income hicks and Democrats are oh so educated.

Here is the person who I responded to in one of my original posts, anniehimself: However, liberals are generally are more fit and it's proven that democrats are around the board more educated than republicans.

That is an obvious political statement and it proved my theory that reason you always hear about how fat people in the South are is Democrats trying to associate conservatives with a negative because they don't like our politics. Just like they try to associate us with lower income and lower education when a much larger percentage of Democrat voters has little education and lower income. Generaly obesity is associated with poor people, and in MS and any state, the bulk of the poor people are Democrats. I don't think the same people complaining about racist, dumb conservatives or Christians are talking about Democrat votes in MS when they bring up obesity. In their mind, MS is a red state, and any talk about obesity means Republican voters.

You would never hear about obesity in MS if it was a blue state. MS isn't much different from rural blue states like Vermont and Maine, and not logical to believe that significant difference in how much people eat and exercise b/t two states that similar. Yet you never here about obesity in these states. That is because the talking point about MS and other red stats is political.

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-19-2014 at 11:43 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top