U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-20-2014, 12:36 AM
 
Location: Denver
16,083 posts, read 24,520,732 times
Reputation: 12376

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
It isn't my job to tell you that. I'm not in Congress. We obviously aren't going to be allowed to do that as long as Democrats are in power, so what is the point? The solution is alwyas going to be more government and how has that worked out? Here a lot of people complaiining about the same stuff.

One of the best things we can do to help healthcare costs is getting America back to work. When people dont have jobs, higher chance they don't have insurance. Other people end up picking up their tab. We've been presided over by a job killing president for 6 years. Yet, he, and you guys just want to blame fat people. That's convenient, isn't it?

Whoever said that cancer is tied to obesity doesn't know what they are talking about. lol Cancer is cells that start dividing out of control, they lose what is called contact inhibition. Nothing to do with weight. It is result of a genetic mutation.
So you have no idea how to fix it, however you know the industry well enough to diagnose the exact problem.

It's worked great for states who accept the expansion.
The deficit has shrunk again, and jobs are up. Congress continues to block every jobs bill presented by Obama.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 AM
 
123 posts, read 147,581 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
So you have no idea how to fix it, however you know the industry well enough to diagnose the exact problem.

It's worked great for states who accept the expansion.
The deficit has shrunk again, and jobs are up. Congress continues to block every jobs bill presented by Obama.
Yeah, I don't know anything about pushing down healthcare costs. I am a mechanical engineer. I do know obamacare does not even try. In your mind, Obama is a healthcare expert .

The debt is 16 trillion dollars, a record. Obama added more to the debt than all presidents before him, combined.

He had 1.3 triilion dollar deficits 5 of his six years. Prior to him, no president was ever over 0.5 billion.

Record number of unempcloyed and people living in poverty
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Denver
16,083 posts, read 24,520,732 times
Reputation: 12376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Yeah, I don't know anything about pushing down healthcare costs. I am a mechanical engineer. I do know obamacare does not even try. In your mind, Obama is a healthcare expert .
You sure act like you know. The ACA has brought down people's costs, and it's a set of laws, not a tax. Mitt Romney must be an expert too because his version of it works and conservatives like it in MA.

Quote:
The debt is 16 trillion dollars, a record. Obama added more to the debt than all presidents before him, combined.

He had 1.3 triilion dollar deficits 5 of his six years. Prior to him, no president was ever over 0.5 billion.
What?
The deficit is $483b currently, and it was only 1.3t when he took office.
Bush hit $1.4t.
According to the US Govt and Forbes, you are wrong yet again:
US Federal Deficit Definition - plus charts and analysis
Stop And Smell The Roses: Final 2014 Federal Deficit Fell...Big Time - Forbes

Quote:
Record number of unempcloyed and people living in poverty
Unemployment is at 5.9%, lowest since 2008.
Want to lie again?
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 10:11 AM
 
123 posts, read 147,581 times
Reputation: 84
OK i don't need to convince you. I think midterm elections will prove me right. Obama polling really bad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 01:22 PM
 
Location: The North Star State
171 posts, read 185,330 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Yeah, anybody who doesn't agree with your politics is a big joke. You are the man. But you can't actually challege me with specific arguments....just vague ad hominem. Because you are serious.
Says the guy who doesn't think obesity directly relates to health problems.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 02:06 PM
 
123 posts, read 147,581 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Prospector View Post
Says the guy who doesn't think obesity directly relates to health problems.
That is not what I said. I said it does not correlate to most health problems, and you can get heart disease , Sleep apnea, diabetes without being obese.

You keep flogging those strawmen though. That is what your party does.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 04:11 PM
 
1,138 posts, read 1,252,300 times
Reputation: 2184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
lol it was a political topic from the start. All the people calling MS fat are Democrats who don't like the state's politics. It is a school yard taunt thing rooted in their politics. The OP was talking about how low income it was and I proved with election results for the various counties in MS that the 6 most affluent counties went to Romney big and he just barely lost the 7th most affluent. But the premise Democrats like to push is that conservatives are low income hicks and Democrats are oh so educated.

Here is the person who I responded to in one of my original posts, anniehimself: However, liberals are generally are more fit and it's proven that democrats are around the board more educated than republicans.

That is an obvious political statement and it proved my theory that reason you always hear about how fat people in the South are is Democrats trying to associate conservatives with a negative because they don't like our politics. Just like they try to associate us with lower income and lower education when a much larger percentage of Democrat voters has little education and lower income. Generaly obesity is associated with poor people, and in MS and any state, the bulk of the poor people are Democrats. I don't think the same people complaining about racist, dumb conservatives or Christians are talking about Democrat votes in MS when they bring up obesity. In their mind, MS is a red state, and any talk about obesity means Republican voters.

You would never hear about obesity in MS if it was a blue state. MS isn't much different from rural blue states like Vermont and Maine, and not logical to believe that significant difference in how much people eat and exercise b/t two states that similar. Yet you never here about obesity in these states. That is because the talking point about MS and other red stats is political.
The political (aka people who think they're smart) forum is over there ----->
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 04:35 PM
 
123 posts, read 147,581 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
The political (aka people who think they're smart) forum is over there ----->
You should head over, b/c your post was political.

Here was the apex of your negative politics, a baseless smear about Christians: 6. Backwards racist christian

That is cool if you want to ape Bill Maher but you should probalby do that on politics forum. Your entire post was basically you asserting that you are smarter than everyone in MS.

You don't come across as a real happy person. Don't think you can blame state of MS for that.

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-20-2014 at 04:48 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Denver
16,083 posts, read 24,520,732 times
Reputation: 12376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
OK i don't need to convince you. I think midterm elections will prove me right. Obama polling really bad.
Because I continue to prove everything you say to be completely wrong and sometimes flat out lies. I don't blame you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2014, 06:19 PM
 
123 posts, read 147,581 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Because I continue to prove everything you say to be completely wrong and sometimes flat out lies. I don't blame you.
I don't lie. Ok to say that I'm wrong but I don't lie. As an example, I would never tell people over and over that they could keep their doctor and plan if they liked their doctor and plan despite knowning many of them would lose their doctor and plan. I wouldn't tell them most families would see their deductibles go down if that wasn't going to happen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top