U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 03:15 PM

16,038 posts, read 24,346,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
I'm guessing you don't know most people in Miss but you are an expert on them and more fit and intelligent too.
I'm no expert on anyone but it's fact. I'm not more fit, but I'm not fat and I consider myself intelligent.

Quote:
I'm a mechanical enginneer who works for Fluor, top engineering company in world. I grew up in rural SC and went to Clemson. By your negative view, I don't exist.
When have I ever said that no one is educated at all in the south? You are making very little sense to be an engineer who's job is to think critically to solve problems.
I'm doubting you're a college graduate who "thinks" health issues don't drive up costs.

Quote:
I am betting your definition of dumb is conservative. Liberals are fit , intelligent, etc, conservatives are dumb fatties.lol.
My definition of dumb is dumb. I know dumb liberals, conservatives, and dumb people who have no idea about anything. So no, I don't equate dumb to conservative. However, liberals are generally are more fit and it's proven that democrats are around the board more educated than republicans.

Quote:
You don't come across as a nice person at all. Hateful
Ahh come on, hate is a strong word. You aren't an expert on me.

Quote:
Government is the main reason healthcare costs are high. Obese people are not necessarily more sickly. I'm thin and have sky high cholesterol. Smokers probably die earlier so they probably need less insurance payouts than people who live longer. Everybody gets sick sometimes , even rich no doubt healthy doctors have gotten Ebola and cancer and other horrible diseases, which coSt money to treat
You're right it is the governments fault. It's also the fault of the people. We all share the blame. Yes, obese people are more sickly, they have higher blood pressure, cholesterol, they often have heart problems, etc. That's also a proven fact. You have a college degree from Clemson?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 03:24 PM

12,522 posts, read 8,543,035 times
I guess the way ole miss and Mississippi state are playing right now, is not enough to take your mind off the troubles of your state for a little while.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:26 PM

123 posts, read 146,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I'm no expert on anyone but it's fact. I'm not more fit, but I'm not fat and I consider myself intelligent.

When have I ever said that no one is educated at all in the south? You are making very little sense to be an engineer who's job is to think critically to solve problems.
I'm doubting you're a college graduate who "thinks" health issues don't drive up costs.

My definition of dumb is dumb. I know dumb liberals, conservatives, and dumb people who have no idea about anything. So no, I don't equate dumb to conservative. However, liberals are generally are more fit and it's proven that democrats are around the board more educated than republicans.

Ahh come on, hate is a strong word. You aren't an expert on me.

You're right it is the governments fault. It's also the fault of the people. We all share the blame. Yes, obese people are more sickly, they have higher blood pressure, cholesterol, they often have heart problems, etc. That's also a proven fact. You have a college degree from Clemson?
Most poor people vote Democrat. Most obese people are poor. Your talking point is not realistic. Affluent suburbs generally vote Republican. Obama two wins were result of his ability to get poor voters to show up.

You are not likeable. Michelle Obama loves talking obesity too but she is not exactly slim shady

Nobody looking to you for lectures on health or why things cost what they do.
Affordable healthcare act increased costs for most Americans, despite number of obese people staying the same. Yes governent had bigger impact on costs.

Obama, Nancy pelosi, al gore, Hillary, bill, Kerry, biden not intellectuals. People who rack up debt and mismanage money like Democrats are not bright or educated. They are fools.

I associate quality of life with good weather, light traffic, golf course, recreational, good restaurants, etc

Not number of fat people or college degee people in town. Elitists like you too uptight and full of yourself to know what the good life is, and Democrats always act like they care more about poor and less uneducated but seem to disdain them: I

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-12-2014 at 04:35 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 04:40 PM

1,218 posts, read 1,417,626 times
Its not the worst place to live, you have everything you need but I dont like it. I will probably go out of state for college in a couple years. It is a boring state and is known for being most obese, poor etc. I've spent most of my life here so far, it will always be where I'm from.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcrash619 View Post
Its not the worst place to live, you have everything you need but I dont like it. I will probably go out of state for college in a couple years. It is a boring state and is known for being most obese, poor etc. I've spent most of my life here so far, it will always be where I'm from.
The obese part is just made up though, by Democrats who hate red states. Doctors don't report weight info of patients and those stats are wild guesses by people.

I was expecting positive vibes on here with both miss schools top two in football.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:03 PM

13,710 posts, read 8,641,225 times
Quote:
Most poor people vote Democrat. Most obese people are poor. Your talking point is not realistic. Affluent suburbs generally vote Republican. Obama two wins were result of his ability to get poor voters to show up.
Interesting, that must be why 9 of the top 10 wealthiest states in the union voted for Obama.

Quote:
You are not likeable. Michelle Obama loves talking obesity too but she is not exactly slim shady

Nobody looking to you for lectures on health or why things cost what they do.
Affordable healthcare act increased costs for most Americans, despite number of obese people staying the same. Yes governent had bigger impact on costs.
Fix obesity and you fix healthcare. This is not exactly news. This axiom has been around for at least two generations. Nor is it partisan, both conservatives and liberals are in agreement with this.

One Way To Fix Health Care's Obesity Problem - Forbes

How to fix America

Fixing obesity is not complicated

You Can't Fix Healthcare Without Fixing Obesity

Quote:
Obama, Nancy pelosi, al gore, Hillary, bill, Kerry, biden not intellectuals. People who rack up debt and mismanage money like Democrats are not bright or educated. They are fools.
Wow, if this is how you define mismanaging money then by gawd, pls mismanage some more!

Quote:
I associate quality of life with good weather, light traffic, golf course, recreational, good restaurants, etc

Not number of fat people or college degee people in town. Elitists like you too uptight and full of yourself to know what the good life is, and Democrats always act like they care more about poor and less uneducated but seem to disdain them: I
Suit yourself.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Interesting, that must be why 9 of the top 10 wealthiest states in the union voted for Obama.

Fix obesity and you fix healthcare. This is not exactly news. This axiom has been around for at least two generations. Nor is it partisan, both conservatives and liberals are in agreement with this.

One Way To Fix Health Care's Obesity Problem - Forbes

How to fix America

Fixing obesity is not complicated

You Can't Fix Healthcare Without Fixing Obesity

Wow, if this is how you define mismanaging money then by gawd, pls mismanage some more!

Suit yourself.
Obamacare had not fixed anything, had screwed most people over with higher rates and deductibles. Your solution was more government, which was main reason costs were high to begin with, states would force insurance to cover lot of unneccessary stuff and people were not allowed to buy insurance offered in other states are but two examples.

Obesity is only associated with diabetes, heart issues and sleEP apnea, none of which is really expensive to treat. Cancer and infectious diseases like AIDS and brain diseases like parkison are most expensive to treat. Obesity is no linked to most health conditions

Most overweight people are not obese. Obesity in America not as common as Democrat food nazi contend.

Nobody wants mMichelle obama's advice on nutrition. She needs to mind her own business and she is overweight.

Not surprised a Democrat voter sees nothing wrong with debt. Childish yet claim you are smarter.

Yeah, partisan Dem informs me what conservatives believe on obesity. I don't see consrvstives lecturIng people on what to eat, we are not busybodies. The biggest factor in healthcare costs is the government distorting market with one size fits all mandates. The other biggest factor is many democrat voters don't want to work and pay for their own insurance. Obama's economy also drives up costs because lot of people who want to work can't

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-12-2014 at 05:39 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Obamacare had not fixed anything, had screwed most people over with higher rates and deductibles. Your solution was more government, which was main reason costs were high to begin with, states would force insurance to cover lot of unneccessary stuff and people were not allowed to buy insurance offered in other states are but two examples.
Our solution? Let's not forget this is a Republican idea that Obama adopted. Who was the first to implement it? A Republican in the state of MA.

Quote:
Obesity is only associated with diabetes, heart issues and sleEP apnea, none of which is really expensive to treat. Cancer and infectious diseases like AIDS and brain diseases like parkison are most expensive to treat. Obesity is no linked to most health conditions.
So basically what you're trying to say to me is that you know more than the doctors do.

Quote:
Most overweight people are not obese. Obesity in America not as common as Democrat food nazi contend.
Talk out of your rear end again. Nobody said most overweight people are obese. But obesity is a problem. You don't need a majority obese people to have it be a problem. I'm surprised an engineer doesn't get that. You don't need 100% failure for a system to be ineffective, sometimes just a 10% failure rate is enough to sink a product. A seemingly minor and insignificant clog could bog down a system.

Quote:
Nobody wants mMichelle obama's advice on nutrition. She needs to mind her own business and she is overweight.

Not surprised a Democrat voter sees nothing wrong with debt. Childish yet claim you are smarter.

Yeah, partisan Dem informs me what conservatives believe on obesity. I don't see consrvstives lecturIng people on what to eat, we are not busybodies. The biggest factor in healthcare costs is the government distorting market with one size fits all mandates.
If your original intend is to show how wonderful MS is and how smart some of its people are, you're not really helping.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Our solution? Let's not forget this is a Republican idea that Obama adopted. Who was the first to implement it? A Republican in the state of MA.

So basically what you're trying to say to me is that you know more than the doctors do.

Talk out of your rear end again. Nobody said most overweight people are obese. But obesity is a problem. You don't need a majority obese people to have it be a problem. I'm surprised an engineer doesn't get that. You don't need 100% failure for a system to be ineffective, sometimes just a 10% failure rate is enough to sink a product. A seemingly minor and insignificant clog could bog down a system.

If your original intend is to show how wonderful MS is and how smart some of its people are, you're not really helping.
I'm not from MS. I'm from SC, as orginally stated. I don't think a non-engineer really needs to lecture an engineer on what he or she should know. It wasn't a Republican idea. You just referred to 3 guys at Heritage FOundation 20 years ago, and most of people there did not agree with that idea. Hertitage is one conservative think tank out of many and they were not elected by Republican voters for anything. All you do is repeat Obama's dumb talking points like a mind numbed parrot and then act like you have crediblity. No, it is losers who don't want to work that is the problem. It is the government intruding in the healthcare market that is the problem. You liberals have jsut passed a law called "Affordable" Health Care act that has increased premiums and deductibels for most people, y et you want to act like fat people are driving the costs. No, it is obvious government is the main driver of costs. Number of fat people hasn't changed since OBama became president, yet costs went up. Everything government is involved in leads to more costs. They never reduce costs. Your solution more government yet you want to get on here and talk about how to cut costs in healthcare? I'm not trying to get bitter liberals to like MS or the south in general. If you don't like MS, back your bags and move. I'll even pay for your UHAUL truck. But only reason you talking about fat people in MS is because MS doesn't vote your way. MS doesn't dig your leftwing politics so you got to demonize and ridicule people in MS. I understand the pyschology. Just amazing how every state accused of being obsese is red state. No political agenda in that right? Lol I think conservatives spend lot more time outdoors than liberals do. And warm states people outdoors much more year round b/c it is warmer, yet we supposed to believe people in MS are Fat Albert and everybody in northern cold blue states are slender and fit. It is comical how dumb these memes are. Most conditions do not have anythign to do with obesity. And most overweight people are not morbidly obese. They just got a few extra pounds. When I see 33 percent of a state is said to be obese, i know their definition of obesity is not valid. There are a lot of overweight people who are active and dont' have high cholerstoral and heart issues. They just have a slow metablolism. Weight can be an indicator of bad health but it isn't the litmus test that wannabe health experts like you claim it is.

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-12-2014 at 06:02 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I'm not from MS. I'm from SC, as orginally stated. I don't think a non-engineer really needs to lecture an engineer on what he or she should know. It wasn't a Republican idea. You just referred to 3 guys at Heritage FOundation 20 years ago, and most of people there did not agree with that idea. Hertitage is one conservative think tank out of many and they were not elected by Republican voters for anything. All you do is repeat Obama's dumb talking points like a mind numbed parrot and then act like you have crediblity. No, it is losers who don't want to work that is the problem. It is the government intruding in the healthcare market that is the problem. You liberals have jsut passed a law called "Affordable" Health Care act that has increased premiums and deductibels for most people, y et you want to act like fat people are driving the costs. No, it is obvious government is the main driver of costs. Number of fat people hasn't changed since OBama became president, yet costs went up. Everything government is involved in leads to more costs. They never reduce costs. Your solution more government yet you want to get on here and talk about how to cut costs in healthcare? I'm not trying to get bitter liberals to like MS or the south in general. If you don't like MS, back your bags and move. I'll even pay for your UHAUL truck. But only reason you talking about fat people in MS is because MS doesn't vote your way. MS doesn't dig your leftwing politics so you got to demonize and ridicule people in MS. I understand the pyschology. Just amazing how every state accused of being obsese is red state. No political agenda in that right? Lol I think conservatives spend lot more time outdoors than liberals do. And warm states people outdoors much more year round b/c it is warmer, yet we supposed to believe people in MS are Fat Albert and everybody in northern cold blue states are slender and fit. It is comical how dumb these memes are. Most conditions do not have anythign to do with obesity. And most overweight people are not morbidly obese. They just got a few extra pounds. When I see 33 percent of a state is said to be obese, i know their definition of obesity is not valid. There are a lot of overweight people who are active and dont' have high cholerstoral and heart issues. They just have a slow metablolism. Weight can be an indicator of bad health but it isn't the litmus test that wannabe health experts like you claim it is.
You are originally from SC but your previous posts inferred that you are now in MS. Right? You are currently in MS am I right?

Interesting that you said affordable healthcare is only a Heritage Foundation idea. Curious, since the GOP just proposed an alternative plan that is essentially a rehash of that Heritage Foundation idea. So I guess those three guys at the Heritage Foundation has taken over the GOP?

Republicans Offer Obamacare Alternative

Quote:
I don't think a non-engineer really needs to lecture an engineer on what he or she should know.
How do you know I'm not an engineer? You seem to have a real talent for talk out of your donkey.

Quote:

There are a lot of overweight people who are active and dont' have high cholerstoral and heart issues. They just have a slow metablolism.
Another thing that you got completely wrong.

Quote:
Myth #1: Skinnier individuals have a higher metabolism.

Some thinner folks appear to eat whatever they want with seemingly no consequence. Surely, they have a faster metabolism than the average Joe, right? Not so fast. Metabolism actually has quite a bit to do with body size, but not in the way many think. According to Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, Assistant Professor at the University of Ottawa, “Skinny individuals almost invariably have slower resting metabolisms; there is literally less of them to burn while at rest.” As a result, larger individuals usually have a higher metabolism (that is they burn more calories at rest) than their thinner counterparts.

The 5 Biggest Myths About Metabolism - Life by DailyBurn
Quote:

8 Ridiculous Myths Everyone Believes About Their Metabolism

Put bluntly, people who claim they can’t lose weight because they have a slow metabolism are simply lazy and ignorant.
These people have become so brainwashed by the media that all their failures are due having a ****ty metabolism and that it’s “not their fault” that they can’t lose weight.
Quote:
And warm states people outdoors much more year round b/c it is warmer, yet we supposed to believe people in MS are Fat Albert and everybody in northern cold blue states are slender and fit.
So essentially screw the data, you're right because this is all based on your observation. I guess things like gyms don't exist in cold blue states. Yup. All Northerners do in the winter is stay home and sit on the couch. They don't have to dig snow out of driveways, from the roof, or even go out and walk on the snow. Nope. And apparently walking on snow is not a physically exhausting thing in and of itself. Not to mention the diet differences. Yup. Word from a conservative.

Wow, just one paragraph and you said about four to five things that are way off base. But somehow you are absolutely right when it comes to ACA. Wrong on everything but right on ACA. Yeah, sure.

Last edited by beb0p; 10-12-2014 at 06:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi