Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 11:27 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,378 times

Advertisements

Im not turning this into a race debate. Notice how I said racists CHRISTIANS not racists whites or blacks. It goes both ways. So youve just exposed yourself......sir. Also, to the other poster I dont live here by choice...just a series of unfortunate events led me to this place.

P.s.-Read before you post...then again this is the MS board....

Last edited by Mr.2089; 10-12-2014 at 11:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 11:41 PM

41 posts, read 88,901 times
Cry about it dude. At least you don't live in some worn torn middle eastern country. We Mississippians are well aware of our faults no need to throw us any hate.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:30 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Lots of good information in this thread......

Having traveled to 49 states and lived in about a dozen, I can think of several places I would avoid in favor of Mississippi. And some I would prefer, too.

2089 has some points, I guess. He should pull up his roots and try some of his theories and see how they work. He might pick a place he likes a lot better than where he is now. Or he might find a place in Mississippi that is a better fit.

Like Orthego says, "We know". Jeez! We ain't that dumb

Old 10-13-2014, 09:28 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,051 times
Miss St is number one in the country in college football thou.. SEC SEC SEC.. HAIL STATE.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Most poor people vote Democrat. Most obese people are poor. Your talking point is not realistic. Affluent suburbs generally vote Republican. Obama two wins were result of his ability to get poor voters to show up.
Not true. There's more poor white people and most of them vote Republican.
Affluent suburbs in the south vote Republican some vote Dem. Obama got most of the wealthiest states in the country. Or do you "think" something different?
Quote:
You are not likeable. Michelle Obama loves talking obesity too but she is not exactly slim shady
Are you saying she's fat? That is absurd and you need contacts.

Quote:
Nobody looking to you for lectures on health or why things cost what they do.
Affordable healthcare act increased costs for most Americans, despite number of obese people staying the same. Yes governent had bigger impact on costs.
Not quite. Private companies set their prices, ACA is just a set of laws. You have more people with healthcare now. A Christian should agree that that is most important here.
Quote:
Obama, Nancy pelosi, al gore, Hillary, bill, Kerry, biden not intellectuals. People who rack up debt and mismanage money like Democrats are not bright or educated. They are fools.
Seems you don't really know much. I'm really questioning if you are a college graduate of anything more than community college. Bill gave us 4 years of surpluses which Bush blew threw and put us in our longest war along with tremendous debt that Obama inherited. Undeo Obama's administration, the national deficit has shrunken consistently. Regardless of what you "think" that is pure fact.

Quote:
I associate quality of life with good weather, light traffic, golf course, recreational, good restaurants, etc
All of which are hardly found in Mississippi compared to other states.

Quote:
Not number of fat people or college degee people in town. Elitists like you too uptight and full of yourself to know what the good life is, and Democrats always act like they care more about poor and less uneducated but seem to disdain them: I
I'm a realist, I open my eyes and look at the big picture. I grew up in a single mother household and lived through my mom nearly losing our home and not getting gifts for my birthday and Christmas as a kid. I know what the good life is, and to me, it's not hunting on the weekend and sending my kids to the poorest schools in the nation with people decrying that fried food isn't really bad for you, it's just Michelle Obama trying to scare us! Suit yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Obamacare had not fixed anything, had screwed most people over with higher rates and deductibles. Your solution was more government, which was main reason costs were high to begin with, states would force insurance to cover lot of unneccessary stuff and people were not allowed to buy insurance offered in other states are but two examples.
It was the same in Massachusets when Mitt Romney (R) implemented his version of the ACA which is a success. I'm sure you "think" something about that too.
The solution was to force these companies to treat people like humans rather than case numbers, I like that. I like that we are afforded healthcare rather than turned away, that's actually the Christian thing to do. If Jindal would accept the expansion, we would be in much better shape but he has to appeal to people like you who dream about Fox News pundits all day long.
Quote:
Obesity is only associated with diabetes, heart issues and sleEP apnea, none of which is really expensive to treat. Cancer and infectious diseases like AIDS and brain diseases like parkison are most expensive to treat. Obesity is no linked to most health conditions
Go back to Clemson and get a refund. They robbed you of an education, seriously.

Quote:
Most overweight people are not obese. Obesity in America not as common as Democrat food nazi contend.
Which is true, however, there's no reason to accept being fat as if you like it. It's a selfish decision for that person and their family.

Quote:
Nobody wants mMichelle obama's advice on nutrition. She needs to mind her own business and she is overweight.
You would be surprised by the millions of followers she has. I like the idea of kids being active rather than sitting inside eating chips and dip and twinkies.
I didn't know minding her own business included letting children continue down a path of unhealthy life choices. You are delusional.

Quote:
Not surprised a Democrat voter sees nothing wrong with debt. Childish yet claim you are smarter.
Mmmm, Republican Bobby Jindal put us in a $1b budget shortfall after all his "fiscal conservative" policies.
Clinton gave us the most years of surpluses in our history. I am certainly more aware of reality than you.
A mix of red and blue politics is best. No California style debt, but no Mississippi style cronyism either.

Yeah, partisan Dem informs me what conservatives believe on obesity. I don't see consrvstives lecturIng people on what to eat, we are not busybodies. The biggest factor in healthcare costs is the government distorting market with one size fits all mandates. The other biggest factor is many democrat voters don't want to work and pay for their own insurance. Obama's economy also drives up costs because lot of people who want to work can't[/quote]
Conservatives are concerned bout their health, it's not a one party trait whatsoever. I'm not sure where you find that. The biggest factor in healthcare costs is our style of healthcare.
Instead of a preventative style where we screen and test before-hand, we get sick then go get treated and do it all over again.
Democrat voters are more wealthy and better educated so that's simply not true. I work for and pay for my own insurance and every single one of my friends do the exact same. You have no facts to back up that made up claim.
I want to work, I work. Lies.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:44 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,013,612 times
I would bet money that Michelle Obama is overweight by the standards used to arrive at these figures.

Last edited by deb100; 10-13-2014 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: .

Old 10-13-2014, 02:48 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
I would bet money that Michelle Obama is overweight by the standards used to arrive at these figures.

I didn't think it's even possible to blame one's weight on the Obamas.

You've done the impossible. Congrat.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:13 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,962 times
OP, Why start this kind of thread, especially in the manner you did, what was the point? It will only end up a back and forth argument reference some or all of the things mentioned. You don't like it, so it's not for you then make a point to relocate when you are able to, but do keep in mind that no place is without it's negatives.

Whether you like a place or not depends on many things beyond those you mentioned. If ya have a good job, good family and friends nearby, a good partner in life that determines how happy one is much more so than the weather and other stuff that really isn't making much difference in your own life.

As far as obese people, there is a problem with this across the country. You don't need to look at stats, use your eyes. I live in the Iowa/Nebraska area, and I'll tell you about all I see is fat people. I'm not talking about the 10 pounds over weight type, I mean grossly overweight. They have even changed the scales of what is now seen as average/normal in their weight charts. In 1960, the average man weighed 166 pounds and the average woman weighed 140 pounds. Today, the average man weighs 194 pounds and the average woman weighs 164 pounds. If you don't think this is a nationwide problem you need to get around more.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:17 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p
I didn't think it's even possible to blame one's weight on the Obamas.

You've done the impossible. Congrat.
I would not have guessed anyone could have misunderstood deb's comment, but you did. Nice move.

deb is saying Michelle is overweight by some standards. deb is not saying that Michelle is overweight; deb is not saying deb is overweight; deb is not saying you are overweight. Deb is questioning the standard, not the First lady.

Deb may or may not feel that Michelle is overweight. Michelle, herself, may or may not feel that Michelle is overweight, and may or may not feel that deb is overweight.

If deb is overweight by any standard, deb may or may not agree with that assessment, and may or may not blame that on the Obama's or even a single Obama.

How ya coming?......

Old 10-13-2014, 05:54 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I would not have guessed anyone could have misunderstood deb's comment, but you did. Nice move.

deb is saying Michelle is overweight by some standards. deb is not saying that Michelle is overweight; deb is not saying deb is overweight; deb is not saying you are overweight. Deb is questioning the standard, not the First lady.

Deb may or may not feel that Michelle is overweight. Michelle, herself, may or may not feel that Michelle is overweight, and may or may not feel that deb is overweight.

If deb is overweight by any standard, deb may or may not agree with that assessment, and may or may not blame that on the Obama's or even a single Obama.

How ya coming?......
You trying to lecture other people on comprehension? Try this: I said "one's weight", I didn't say "Deb's weight"; Deb may or may not be overweight, I don't know it doesn't matter. I never said Deb is overweight.

Absolutely, Deb blamed the standard.... and linked Michelle Obama. Deb doesn't go out and say it, but we ALL know what she meant. It's inferred in her comment -- she blames the wife of the head of states for said standard. To pretend that isn't inferred is to be comprehensively dishonest.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi