Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2014, 09:52 PM
 
1,135 posts, read 1,312,378 times
Reputation: 2190

Advertisements

1. 11% unemployment (highest in nation)

2. 82% high school educated work force

3. 35% obesity (HIGHEST)

4. Median income $37K (lowest)

5. Life expectancy 75 yrs (lowest)

6. Backwards racist "christians"

7. 0 Job oppurtunities ( see 1.)

8. Ignorant unreasonable people (see 2.)

9. Extremely hot summers

10. BORING



I cannot stress enough how much I hate living here. While im thankful for a home and food I am not thankful for this horrid state. MS please overhaul every policy and just your general way of life. Thanks


-2089
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2014, 06:07 AM
 
1,289 posts, read 1,892,332 times
Reputation: 2836
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine? Two things:

1. If you hate it that much leave.

2. If you're in bad stituation (work, family or social), think about about this "we are a collection of our choices."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 08:27 AM
 
Location: The South
7,480 posts, read 6,256,658 times
Reputation: 13002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
1. 11% unemployment (highest in nation)

2. 82% high school educated work force

3. 35% obesity (HIGHEST)

4. Median income $37K (lowest)

5. Life expectancy 75 yrs (lowest)

6. Backwards racist "christians"

7. 0 Job oppurtunities ( see 1.)

8. Ignorant unreasonable people (see 2.)

9. Extremely hot summers

10. BORING



I cannot stress enough how much I hate living here. While im thankful for a home and food I am not thankful for this horrid state. MS please overhaul every policy and just your general way of life. Thanks


-2089
You seem to be late to the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 09:21 AM
 
123 posts, read 155,857 times
Reputation: 84
How does other people weight problems make it a bad or good place to live for you? You can't be friends with overweight people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Louisiana to Houston to Denver to NOVA
16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Reputation: 13293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
How does other people weight problems make it a bad or good place to live for you? You can't be friends with overweight people?
People making bad health choices likely means they make other bad decisions and are ignorant to the fact that being overweight is detrimental to your health and drives up insurances costs as well. I bothers me too to see so many overweight children and adults bringing them for more McNuggets and salty fries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 12:23 PM
 
123 posts, read 155,857 times
Reputation: 84
OK well I don't think miss has more obese people than any other state, miss people probably outside a lot more than more urban states.

I also don't think obese people drive up insurance costs. Non obese people get cancer and other diseases that are expensive to treat.

Lot of people who don't like south for other reasons just like to call us fat and dumb.

How does government know which state had most obese people? Sure sounds like violation of privacy laws if they are getting info from physicians. The info does not appear to be used for anything other than for bashing states people don't like for other reasons.

If rich guys like Morgan Freeman and Brett FaEve live in MS it is decent spot. Cost of living, mild winters, light traffic, low taxes, three great public universities, Stennis space center, etc

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-12-2014 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Louisiana to Houston to Denver to NOVA
16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Reputation: 13293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
OK well I don't think miss has more obese people than any other state, miss people probably outside a lot more than more urban states.

I also don't think obese people drive up insurance costs. Non obese people get cancer and other diseases that are expensive to treat.

Lot of people who don't like south for other reasons just like to call us fat and dumb.

How does government know which state had most obese people? Sure sounds like violation of privacy laws if they are getting info from physicians. The info does not appear to be used for anything other than for bashing states people don't like for other reasons.
Ummm, regardless of what you think, this is fact. This is the truth. Nobody cares if you "think" there's not more overweight people because it's a fact.
Mississippi people are outside alot, it's a hunting a fishing paradise but that doesn't mean people are fit. How many people do you know who work out? How many do you know who are concerned about what they eat rather than how good those neckbones are?
People in urban areas often walk alot more and don't rely on the car for short trips, they also eat healthier and tend to hit the gym. Bubba isn't going to do that.

Once again, no one cares if you don't "think" they drive up insurance costs. Alcoholics, smokers, obese people, etc all drive up insurance costs. This is fact, I shouldn't have to argue this point with an adult.

In the south, we are fatter and less smart. That's a fact. It's not synonymous across the whole south, people in cities like Houston, Atlanta, Nashville, even New Orleans are healthier and smarter than their neighbors in Jackson or Montgomery.

They know how many people are obese, doesn't mean they know who is obese.
I would like to know things like this, it's directly linked to education levels and the type of people you live around. I don't know about you but I hate seeing fat parents walking their fat kids into Burger King as if they aren't concerned about the health of their children feeding them that fake food covered in grease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 12:56 PM
 
123 posts, read 155,857 times
Reputation: 84
I'm guessing you don't know most people in Miss but you are an expert on them and more fit and intelligent too.

I'm a mechanical enginneer who works for Fluor, top engineering company in world. I grew up in rural SC and went to Clemson. By your negative view, I don't exist.

I am betting your definition of dumb is conservative. Liberals are fit , intelligent, etc, conservatives are dumb fatties.lol.

You don't come across as a nice person at all. Hateful

Government is the main reason healthcare costs are high. Obese people are not necessarily more sickly. I'm thin and have sky high cholesterol. Smokers probably die earlier so they probably need less insurance payouts than people who live longer. Everybody gets sick sometimes , even rich no doubt healthy doctors have gotten Ebola and cancer and other horrible diseases, which coSt money to treat

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-12-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 01:45 PM
 
Location: The South
7,480 posts, read 6,256,658 times
Reputation: 13002
Louisiana: 32.7 percent
Delaware: 34.3 percent
West Virginia: 34.4 percent
Mississippi: 35.4 percent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 01:54 PM
 
123 posts, read 155,857 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Louisiana: 32.7 percent
Delaware: 34.3 percent
West Virginia: 34.4 percent
Mississippi: 35.4 percent
Bogus stats, unless physicians faxing our weight info straight to government, s violation of HIPA laws. Government probably defines obese as 10_ lbs overweight. I never seen that many truly obese people anywhere. No way are 33 percent obese in anynstate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42 PM.

¬© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top