Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 02:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,312 times

Advertisements

So I'm just curious about all the remarks about Madison, Jackson Gulfcoast from all the snobs about which rich people live where and who has the better house..so shallow. . How about where do all the good average hard working income people live with very rich hearts... thats the neighborhood im looking for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 07:38 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,583,054 times
In my opinion, this post is shallow. Mississippi gets attacked on this forum for being poor, not having amenities, being uneducated, being obese, etc and someone points out that there are affluent areas in the state.... and they are snobs. Nice. For the record, having money doesn't make you a snob. It also doesn't mean that you don't have a "rich heart".

Old 11-20-2014, 08:02 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,766,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
In my opinion, this post is shallow. Mississippi gets attacked on this forum for being poor, not having amenities, being uneducated, being obese, etc and someone points out that there are affluent areas in the state.... and they are snobs. Nice. For the record, having money doesn't make you a snob. It also doesn't mean that you don't have a "rich heart".

Mississippi is often the most attacked state period, not just on this board.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:34 AM

25,560 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjj14 View Post
So I'm just curious about all the remarks about Madison, Jackson Gulfcoast from all the snobs about which rich people live where and who has the better house..so shallow. . How about where do all the good average hard working income people live with very rich hearts... thats the neighborhood im looking for
I live in a neighborhood like you describe. White, Black, Asian; all with jobs or retired. Mostly 3-2-2 ranch style houses, and all of them less than 20 years old.
Kids playing in the streets after school; neighborhood dogs; lawns mowed. None of us that I know of lost money during the '08 real estate crash.
Neighborhood association with voluntary fees that are paid by 80% of us.

I "lost" the keys to my prized pickup truck (90 GMC) a few weeks ago and finally "found" them in the ignition. They had been there about a week.

Everyone in our little cul-de-sac lets their dogs out at 9 PM so they can play together. It's harmless.

When there is a midnight tornado warning, we all turn on the porch light so the neighbors know that "we know". If the light is out, someone will call. And that's nice.

People talk about Mississippi as if it were one place; as if crossing over the Louisiana or Alabama state lines changed everything. Nah Mississippi is lots of things and lots of places.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:00 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,425,194 times
You looking to move here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi