Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 01:30 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,778,062 times

Advertisements

Woman raped during home invasion | Local News - WAPT Home

At least this time, it didn't end in abduction and murder, like last time: Bond denied for man charged in Vicksburg woman’s slaying | Local News - WAPT Home

Too, I suppose it's a blessing this Vicksburg victim didn't just completely disappear, as did poor Jacqueline Levitz: CNN.com - Case of the missing heiress: Who killed Jacqueline Levitz? - Nov. 11, 2002

Then again, it's a comfort to know that Levitz was not struggling to live on a fixed income, in a tiny house with falling plywood soffits, and a roof thriftily patched with tarpaper. The latest victim clearly has to watch every penny, making the robbery and assault especially cruel. Why rob and rape someone who is just barely able to afford to live?

What a town! Even those 'delivering meals' in Vicksburg cannot necessarily be trusted: Elderly man shoots intruder who kicks in his door - KCTV5 I have to wonder what happens to elderly people in Vicksburg who DON'T have guns aimed at the door. I have a feeling there are many whose stories don't make it into the papers - or even get recorded by 'authorities'.

Authorities? Oh, yes: THEM... ( Jackson Jambalaya: Floodwaters of scandal top the levees in Vicksburg ) And it's not just about (as they'd phrase it in Madison) "knife fights down in the ditch" with the alluringly feisty mistress. Sometimes, it's about public monies: Jackson Jambalaya: Vicksburg Mayor arrested

Also apparently looking out for everything but the best interests of the public, seems to have been this professional woman: Warren Co. repaid for part of loss in public corruption case Eight hundred thou is a lot of money, in a place like that. Apparently Warren County/Vicksburg 'authorities' are too busy feathering their own nests, to worry about people running around raping Mamaws and robbing Paw Paws.

But there is hope. Let us consider Vicksburg's youth, who surely will lead the city toward a bright and bold future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IljcW6xm0xI Don't be so alarmed! The 9-year-old's Paw Paw says it's those scratchin' babies' fault: Family says 9-year-old was provoked by toddler | Local News - WAPT Home And his aunt reminds us that he doesn't fight the little babies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGPpkwZ85NY That's good to know.

No? Well, how about the DOCTORS? Surely, THEY are nurturing paragons of respectability: http://www.juryverdicts.net/Mississi...012Preview.pdf Start at page 5: Medical Malpractice
I think this is a sweet picture: Indian Flagship News - January 2010
And this is a great picture of the über-hunky Plaintiff, prevailing through goodness and strength: http://www.trailjournals.com/about.cfm?trailname=18269

I wanted to end on an up note...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 08:56 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,692,845 times
Gloria,

do you ever post good news or are you going to just continually trash Mississippi?

Old 09-22-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Gloria,

do you ever post good news or are you going to just continually trash Mississippi?
Well, here's some good news, Sweetums! : Vicksburg police arrest two in rape of elderly woman

But I'm totally SHOCKED as to the identity of the alleged Perps. I've watched enough Special Victims Unit and Miami CSI, to know that the Perpetrator of the crime always turns out to have been the blondest person around, like when that Blonde from Sweden, with the jewelry store in a one-story Miami shopping center, turned out to have a dozen five-year-old African slave children cutting diamonds for her, in the BASEMENT under the strip center, there in Miami Beach, where there are so many basements. Because five-year-olds are the ideal people to have cutting your diamonds...

Old 09-22-2015, 09:55 PM

799 posts, read 1,066,576 times
Quote:
Gloria,

No one takes her posts seriously and neither should you.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:44 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,692,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
Well,

I have read her posts before and found them to always be way over-the-top (and ridiculously lengthy) but, I don't understand why she posts such long, wildly-exaggerated narratives about a state that she no longer lives in.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,248,151 times
Quote:
I have read her posts before and found them to always be way over-the-top (and ridiculously lengthy) but, I don't understand why she posts such long, wildly-exaggerated narratives about a state that she no longer lives in.
GvG, like myself, was born, raised, and educated in Mississippi. We both own property there (me in rural north, her in Madison). We both (apparently) plan to retire there at some point in the distant future. The current situation in the state gives hints as to the future situation, so she has every right to be interested.

Yes, they are over-the-top and tend to be lengthy, but they are always on point and interesting.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
Gee, Special Pumpkin, if you made two more friends, you'd have as many as does Madison2013! But nobody takes me seriously, so what do I know? However, I do (unlike certain people) know how to pluralize 'furlough', and that 'whatsoever' is one word.

And now, on to MORE GOOD NEWS! (See? I do post good news.) And this news, unlike the Gloria-bashing, is actually relevant to the thread's topic: Man accused of raping 72-year-old woman sent to ER after severe beating | myfox8.com

Poor Jacorey! One can only hope that before he got sent to the hospital, concerned parties regularly and repeatedly took his temperature with nice, big, flexible organic thermometers. That would be only fitting... In fact, I hope they were up taking his temperature, all night long. It takes constant monitoring, to be sure that a fever does not flare out of control.

In another article, it was revealed that the Victim's EBT card was useless to the Perps, because the account had insufficient funds for a withdrawal. I certainly hope Jacorey's cellmates used their time with him, to make plenty of deposits.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 09-23-2015 at 11:08 PM..

Old 09-29-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
GvG, like myself, was born, raised, and educated in Mississippi. We both own property there (me in rural north, her in Madison). We both (apparently) plan to retire there at some point in the distant future. The current situation in the state gives hints as to the future situation, so she has every right to be interested.

Yes, they are over-the-top and tend to be lengthy, but they are always on point and interesting.
Thank you, kind sir!

And I just spotted another something interesting (and heartbreaking) about the story under discussion. Apparently, the rape victim was a minister who volunteered to work with inmates. ( "Had a conversation with someone from law enforcement from the City of Vicksburg. The lady who was raped was a minister and she frequented the jail and helped the inmates with encouragement, prayer, etc. When this rapist, etc 20 year old was put in jail behind bars those inmates took care of him and beat the living crap out of him where his head was swollen twice as much...yes, there's justice too behind the bars.... "
September 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM )

She wanted to help. But like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished."

And that would appear to be the case with the Vicksburgundian who, around the same time the reverend-rapers were helping make their town unlivable, (allegedly) took a hunting axe, and gave his uncle one big whack. The nephew had TRIED to take out life insurance policies on the UNCLE, but with no success. But he went ahead with his murder plot, anyway. Axe murders are hugely complicated, it seems, and so the alleged Perp carefully wrote-up an "Axe Murder Do-list" (maybe... "Buy axe. Buy bleach. Buy paper towels for easy cleanup. Run!"). Well, he didn't run far enough or fast enough, and that "Do List" was enormously helpful to investigators, who promptly caught him. As he was brought into court, one relative collapsed, and one fainted: Warren County man found with ax in throat, investigator says | Local News - WAPT Home .

The GOOD news, Jardine8, is that around 1:08 in the video, there's a man who really knows how to wear a pair of flat-front khakis. Aside from murders and car-jackings, there's not much to think about, in small-town Mississippi. And so such sartorial sparkle is definitely appreciated. It brightens lives in dull places.

But while sparkle is good, explosions are bad. So, what this grandson, 48 miles from Vicksburg, in Yazoo City, recently did to his GRANDMOTHER is just plain unspeakable: No bond for man charged in Yazoo County grandmother's death | Local News - WAPT Home Just like the axed uncle, this grandmother had given shelter to a troubled young man. http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mis...ounty/35186450

You just can't be nice to some people...

Oh, and since the TV journalists were careful to spell it out for us, I just had to find a picture. They showed us the alleged Perp. They showed us the Store. They told us the size, and the brand name. So now, here's the exact axe: Estwing 26 in. Camper's Nylon-Vinyl Grip Handle Axe-E45A - The Home Depot

Upon further reflection, I must conclude that there are two valuable lessons to be drawn from the murders of the uncle and the grandmother. The first lesson is that TV does not accurately portray arson - particularly ignition of accelerants. Watching reruns of detective shows won't help arsonist wannabes hone their skills. Therefore, we should encourage all arsonist-wannabes to watch lots of TV. That way, they're sure to get caught, and maybe even injured.

The second lesson is that on the bottom of every "Axe Murder Do-list", a smart axe-murderer writes: "Destroy Do-list!"

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 09-30-2015 at 12:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi