U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:16 AM

629 posts, read 3,495,760 times

Advertisements

I have been to Laurel, Pontotoc and Greenwood. We just visited Greenwood on our 1yr wedding anniversary trip. We loved it! We stayed at the Bridgewater Inn and ate at some fine restaurants like the Crystal Grill Giardinias and Luscos. Greenwood also has a large inventory of Historic Homes that were very impressive! I used to visit Pontotoc when I raced Motocross at Mx886. Greenwood would have to be my pick of the places I've visited!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 06:19 PM

5 posts, read 23,463 times
Tishomingo gets my vote...I love the land ..some of the people are too nosy and it is difficult to move here from elsewhere because most everyone is related and this area is extremely clannish...Not KKK, but family clannish... but if you know how to ignore hypocrites it is a great place for anyone who loves the outdoors and outdoor activities

Old 09-02-2008, 01:55 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,268,400 times
I know there's different strokes for different folks, and I'm going to be the outsider here, but...

My favorite "city" is Jackson. I didn't grow up in Jackson, but I have always lived in Mississippi. Mostly smaller towns, ranging from 1,500-25,000 people, and now I live in Jackson with app. 176,000 people. I know most people think of Mississippi being made up of all small towns scattered around, which for the most part is true, but our capital city is starting to make a comeback (and without the help of the city council and mayor at the moment). Downtown Jackson has app. $2 billion of development going on currently, and I'm pretty excited about that. I'm a city guy, who likes to be able to get out to the country on weekends when I choose to. I have a house in a historic neighborhood of Jackson, the neighbors are great, and the quality of life is unlike (ie better) any in the Jackson metro area, including the suburbs.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 8,284 times
Can anyone tell me the best place to live between Memphis and Oxford. Hubby just got a job there and we are thinking of moving closer. What are some names of towns outside of Oxford with good neighborhoods and schools. Price range of house&land 70,000-90,000 bucks. Anybody know what teaching is like in or around Oxford? Thanks!

Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 PM

5 posts, read 19,549 times
Default Hot Coffee MS!

The best place would have to be Hot Coffee MS!

The best palce to live would have to bea place where you had a job.

Dan

Old 11-19-2009, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,436 times
I have visited most of the places that people have mentioned so far and I must say that the further you are away from Jackson, MS the better you are. However, I would like for someone to give me their opinion of Greenville, MS. Just curious!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 5,436 times
I have visited many of the places that people have mentioned so far and I must say that the further you are away from Jackson, MS the better. However, I would like for someone to give me their opinion of Greenville, MS. Just curious!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:01 PM

26 posts, read 114,171 times
If you want to find out alot about Greenville, look back in 2008 & early 2009 threads. There was one titled " Avoid Greenville at all cost" That will give you alot of opinions of Greenville

Old 11-19-2009, 04:29 PM

783 posts, read 2,163,120 times
Woohoo! The best town in Mississippi is whatever town I'm in!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:15 AM

2,980 posts, read 7,861,361 times
What about Olive Branch, Tupelo and Columbus? They are larger and look nice, especially downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi