U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2008, 02:45 PM

450 posts, read 1,979,045 times

Advertisements

I may have the opportunity to buy a duck hole called Annis Brake in north Bolivar County not far from Clarksdale. Nearest towns are Bobo and Alligator. The realtor says it is one of the prime natural duck holes in the Delta with year-round water. Says it has been leased in the past for 20K. Since the list price is 160K for 44 acres of cypress swamp that seem like a good return on an investment. Would appreciate any info. on the area and commentary. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 8,936 times
I think I know the area. There is plenty of good duck hunting around the area. I think $3,600 might be a bit much. Find a soybean farm to lease out for farming and hunting in the same area. You will not lease it every year for $20k.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 AM

3 posts, read 16,835 times
Default Duck Hole

i am very famailar with the area and have in fact killed many duck on the exact area you are looking at. I believe it has been sold. You may be in fact the person that purchased the land. It can be quite good hunting.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 8,484 times
Default Annis Break

I noticed your post from a number of months ago. I hunted Annis break years ago (2000) and it was the best duck hunt i ever had. If you own the whole thing, you have a great piece of land on your hands. My friends in Mississippi (i am from Georgia) say it is not as good as it has been in the past. but they have a great knowledge of the place and the ducks located there. Did you buy the whole thing? or were you able to purchase it at all. [mod] edit [/mod]

Last edited by Sam I Am; 10-01-2008 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: please use direct message feature - never a good idea to put your email on a forum

Old 12-30-2008, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 7,750 times
Default Annis Break

I hunted there a couple years ago and absolutely slaughtered them. It was fantastic and the property was beautiful. Does anybody know who purchased the land?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi