Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 07:07 PM

799 posts, read 1,064,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
This list without the Carmack Fish House is worthless.
IMO Guys is much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:49 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,981,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
Perhaps it is incomplete, or even lacking, but hardly worthless.
Geez. Lighten up buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
IMO Guys is much better.
Have you been since the management changed at Carmack? Ton of offerings and the quality is off the textbook now.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:30 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,688,647 times
So, I know it isn't cheap but how is Doe's Eat Place in Greenville? I have never been but I know it is considered to be legendary.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:16 AM

1,392 posts, read 1,397,479 times
it is a great dining experience and the place is "legendary" for a reason. also, the op was looking for small, amazing and family operated restaurants, and this place is all of those.

we love taking people for the first time, they always want to make a return trip.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:55 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,889,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
So, I know it isn't cheap but how is Doe's Eat Place in Greenville? I have never been but I know it is considered to be legendary.
Personally, I'm not a fan. Been there a half dozen or so times, the last being less than a year ago. The steak was tough, I have found nothing about it that remotely justifies the price, everything is incredibly mediocre (or worse). You can cook a much better steak by purchasing some filets from Kroger, adding dry rub and cooking yourself (plus you can feed four this way for the price of one at Doe's). But, to each his own!

Above, I've reffing to the one in Greenville.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:01 AM

513 posts, read 896,789 times
as a kid in the 70's we would go to Doe's every Friday night for a few dozen Tamales. Never did get over enthused about their steaks, I mean they have a good flavor but not something to write home to mama about! The atmosphere makes the place, if they ever moved to new location I can almost guarantee they would close within a couple years. Everyone I know that has eaten here and at some of their franchises say that nothing compares to the original, since I haven't been to any other locations I will have to assume they are basically one step above chain restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi