Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 12:50 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Excuse me grammer police. ...........
Shouldn't that be, "Excuse me, Grammar Police". I mean, unless you are cockney and then it may be "Excuse me grammar, Police".

OK-OK......... I'm sorry. Just jacking with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 07:57 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Now you are shaming me. So predictable.

At least you admit that shaming is your preferred tactic. A weak one, but preferred nonetheless.

Yes, he was, and now you are, based on your last comment.

I don't see any hate anywhere in this thread. There is certainly fear. Conservative people fear their way of life is being threatened, but that doesn't involve hate, it involves things they think are not moral.
I am not sorry that I have no tolerance for fearful bigots. Should I have tolerance for you and others who share your archaic views? People who despise and fear those who are not like them is exactly what is wrong with this country.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:

I don't see any hate anywhere in this thread. There is certainly fear. Conservative people fear their way of life is being threatened, but that doesn't involve hate, it involves things they think are not moral.
I see a lot of judgment and jealousy for gays having a parade where straight people do not. I see someone very concerned with the exercise of free speech from the gay community. I see someone who is trying to condemn the gay community as having no reason to parade. To top it off, there is laughter at the end, as if the advancement of civil liberties is a laughing matter. I'm sure people who laughed off blacks trying to vote in the 1950's were only fearful too, not that they hated or didn't trust blacks, right? Tell me, do you only see "fear" from the following statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno28 View Post
Homosexuals for unknown reasons want not only legitimate rights ensured but they must feel the need to ask every other person to necessarily CELEBRATE and actually embrace their sexual practices...that's odd. You don't see heterosexuals doing that in the name of free speech ! heterosexuals don't organize a "parade" to celebrate their sexual practices - therein lies the truth. Parading for what exactly? no one is denying their civil liberties that I can see. LOL

Old 05-08-2018, 08:25 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,986,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I am not sorry that I have no tolerance for fearful bigots. Should I have tolerance for you and others who share your archaic views? People who despise and fear those who are not like them is exactly what is wrong with this country.
Nice double standard.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:04 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
I'm gay and I just want to be treated like everyone else. I want to be treated with respect and fairness, that's all. Nothing more....no special recognition, no special treatment, nothing. Just treat me and my partner with dignity as you would treat any other human being. I want the same rights and privileges my heterosexual counterparts receive.. That's all.... nothing more than that.

For too long, homosexuals have not been treated with respect or dignity, hence why we have parades today. Gay ppl have had to hide a big part of who they are....causing massive mental health issues in a lot of people...and for what? So that heterosexuals can be comfortable? So they can dictate to me how I should feel about how I was born? No, thanks..

Although I am not one to attend marches, parades, etc. I do think they are important and relevant. They bring visibility and a sense of community to like-minded individuals. Heterosexuals don't need parades as their norms and practices are celebrated everyday. Their "way" is accepted in everything from movies, pop-culture, holidays, weddings, rights of passage, etc... Being "straight" is "in my face" every. single. day... EVERYTHING heterosexual is celebrated on a constant basis. No need for a yearly parade. . . And u know what? I'm glad it is... I'm glad heterosexual relationships are celebrated, as they should be, but don't come at me with your pitchforks and religion, and morals and tell me how to live MY life, as I do not do that to you. And do not deny me the same rights and privileges because of the way I am. The way I was born

Old 05-08-2018, 01:01 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
My opinion only:

Liberty is a good thing, not a bad thing. Citizens are free to reject what is fundamentally against their closely held religious beliefs that may in fact run counter to the current "pop culture", and they shouldn't be demonized for maintaining those foundational values.

Let's be clear, there is NO evidence of widespread abuse or discrimination against homosexuals. That assertion is patently false. Homosexuals are not some kind of aggrieved party or protected class under current law. Besides, there aren't throngs of homosexuals in the first place. They represent a tiny tiny fraction of the population - less than one-half of one percent (and that's a generous reading).

Many seem hellbent on providing a solution to an imaginary or non-existent problem in American society.

To some, celebrating and "parading" for personal,divergent and unnatural sexual proclivities and practices is unseemly and unnecessary. Being publicly, and demonstrably "prideful" about any brand of aberrant behavior is a bit over the top in its desire to garner an endorsement (not simple tolerance).

"Parading" in the public sphere is usually done to positively celebrate a event within a (commonly shared historical context). "Parading" however should never be confused with "Marches", "Demonstrations", or "Protests", which are clearly First Amendment issues no doubt. Public "Parading" that includes lewd and lascivious behavior, public nudity or partial nudity, or intoxicated/drunken behavior is NOT a right in most jurisdictions throughout the United States. I have seen with my own eyes exactly some of this outrageous public behavior in several "PrideFest homosexual PARADES". This is irrefutable.

Advertising one's personal sexual desires and practices in any public display seems almost "anti-social" and disrespectful, whether homosexual, or heterosexual. Many organized homosexual groups don't seem to get it, or ascribe to this fair community standard.
What reliable source do you get your information from? The last sentence in your second paragraph, you state the gay population is less than one half of one percent. That is fake news.

For years, I have heard that about 3% of the male population admits to being gay. But when you add the number of gay men who deny being gay or even bisexual, the percentage of gay men rises to about 9% of the male population.

There's alot of straight and/or married men out there who live a double life. They are gay to their core but they choose to live a straight heterosexual lifestyle for the public eye to see because they don't want to be shamed and demonized and ridiculed for it, so they keep it to their self, or "in the closet" so to speak and they come out to "play" in their free time when they think nobody is looking.

They been brainwashed since childhood into thinking that being gay is a sin and about the worse thing in the world a person can possibly be. All they ever heard about gay people is bad things. No parent wants their children to be gay. And no child wants to disappoint his parents and bring shame and disgrace to his family. That's a big burden and lot of pressure for one person to handle. It's society that pressures people into denying who they are and forced into live a double life.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 05-08-2018 at 01:13 PM..

Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM

2,657 posts, read 2,100,139 times
Quote:
Yep, it's not not grammer, it's grammar. I hope this person is not from MS...it's embarrassing.
Minor mistakes and you can stop being melodramatic.

Duh, why would I be posting here if it wasn't my home?

Old 05-08-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Nice double standard.
The second "tolerance" in bold was in a question. Of course you missed that part, you haven't answered anything yet.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
^^Of course, Lord knows people have double standards for this among many other things ha !

1) There is no such entity as 'gay'...they are homosexuals
2)There is no such thing as 'straight'...they are heterosexuals
3) These terminologies were invented and co-opted in nomenclature to avoid being labeled exactly who they are with respect to the correct classification. It's a deliberate ruse to twist language to assuage 'truth in labeling' and biological facts. It's a sleight of hand not to call a homosexual a homosexual, exactly who and what they are. The term 'straight' also is an exercise in linguistic 'gymnastics'. Slick, fake left, go right in an effort to legitimize the already illegitimate. Again, there is no such thing as 'gay' - it's a converup, simply and purely.
4) No heterosexual is 'jealous' of homosexuals or homosexual activities - that's pure rubbish and laughable indeed.
5) Any attempt to equate the struggle of BLACKS in the nation, with the status of homosexuals is not only a false equivalency, but is totally offensive to Blacks, or should be. No homosexual had to drink from a 'colored water fountain'. This is a sickening co-opting of their struggle. There is NO valid and fair comparison. Sad.
6) I know no rational person, friend or associatewho is ''fearful' of some homosexual. That's silly.
7) Some people in this great nation have NO sense of morality, or are amoral, thus 'anything goes' - they have no moral compass, and really want others to toss theirs away, or pretend that 'True North' doesn't exist, or the 'compass' lies or certainly broken.
1. Gays and homosexuals mean the same thing
2. Straight and heterosexual mean the same thing
3. English is confusing when more than two words can mean the same thing, isn't it?
4. Jealous that homosexuals get a parade and heterosexuals don't? Maybe. Fearful of their way of life being disrupted in some manner that is complete ludicrous? Definitely. Very fearful, fear leads to hate.
5. Blacks had to work for their civil rights and civil liberties. Gays have also had to work for their civil rights and liberties, just a generation later.
6. Clearly you didn't spend any length of time in Mississippi, or small towns in general in America, because rural America is largely homophobic.
7. Morals according to whom? The bible? What is morally holy in your eyes is morally heretic in someone else's of another faith. Not everyone has to believe what you believe in order to be decent. Whatever happened to letting other people live their lives? Where does this desire to control others come from?

Old 05-08-2018, 09:09 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Now you are shaming me. So predictable.

At least you admit that shaming is your preferred tactic. A weak one, but preferred nonetheless.

Yes, he was, and now you are, based on your last comment.

Your name is really doing a disservice to the citizens of Mississippi and Alabama. It's a parade. If you don't like it, don't go. It's not a threat to anyone and you know it. Stop being such a snowflake. Live and let live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi