Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 01:46 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,091,101 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...GBQYb17QE8hPF-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 03:58 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Nice report. I find myself wondering how much money it took to compile the county-by-county results, produce the document and get it printed and available on line. That's the marketing manager in me, I guess, but still....

Tupelo, the birthplace of Elvis, gets an awful lot of foreigners. A lot of them are simply curious about the deep south. There is a Southern Music Tour sold in Europe and they make a stop here. We met a couple of Brits as they were visiting and then met them again when we went to a baseball game in Memphis. Brits evidently have no capacity to understand baseball. Beer and hot dogs, they understood.

Oddly enough - at least to us - they were fascinated with the thunderstorms and had lots of questions about tornadoes.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:07 PM

799 posts, read 1,064,510 times
I would love to see the state get more movie production in the state.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:32 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,424,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nice report. I find myself wondering how much money it took to compile the county-by-county results, produce the document and get it printed and available on line. That's the marketing manager in me, I guess, but still....

Tupelo, the birthplace of Elvis, gets an awful lot of foreigners. A lot of them are simply curious about the deep south. There is a Southern Music Tour sold in Europe and they make a stop here. We met a couple of Brits as they were visiting and then met them again when we went to a baseball game in Memphis. Brits evidently have no capacity to understand baseball. Beer and hot dogs, they understood.

Oddly enough - at least to us - they were fascinated with the thunderstorms and had lots of questions about tornadoes.
In their defense, I am somewhat muddled by cricket.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:50 AM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Just spent 4 days in Natchez. For someone interested in history, Natchez is a gold mine. I found park rangers and amateurs alike in Natchez, and stayed way too late at a bar in Natchez Under The Hill just absorbing the tales.

It was great! We stayed at a B&B - there are 41 to choose from. We walked to neighborhoods, walked to dinner in town and marveled at the old churches and Temples.
The city cemetery alone is worth the trip. The Turning Angel, made famous by Greg Isles, is n plain view. Isles, lives in Natchez, and we shared a beer with a relative.

We were struck by the number of foreigners we met. Germany, Portugal, Denmark, and Brits were there in large numbers.

The old mansions are restored and some of them are lived in. Even the ones occupied are available for tours. Longwood was never finished and should be on everyone's must-see list. The War (pronounced wa-wah) stopped it in its tracks and the family lived in the basement until nearly 1900.

The Ranger at Melrose is a natural teacher. He is black himself, and has a double major in history from LSU, so as he says, "If I can't prove it, I can't say it". And he says a lot. The love story behind Melrose is another reason to go to Natchez.

But Natchez is not a child's playground. There are no bumper cars and no Goofy Golf. Natchez is for adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
View detailed profiles of: