U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 PM

7 posts, read 20,722 times

Advertisements

Tacoma Goodwill Youthbuild, is bringing down some young adults to help rebuild "Gulfport" the first week in June.

We first were schedualed to stay at the Base @ Gulfport, now, staying somewhere in Louisianna. Anyone know where that might be? Drive times etc.

We are currently coming up with lists of things to bring & could use any and all advice. Yes, Bug repellent is on top of our list! After Bug Spray, we really don't know too much, flight length, work apparell, what is supplied / what to bring etc.

If anyone can bring more light to the situation, we'd surelly appreciate it.

Thanks, Howard
Tacoma Goodwill Youthbuild, Site Trainer
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 11:43 PM

276 posts, read 1,061,762 times
Well depends what part of LA. The first Gulfport exit is 31 miles from the border. About an hour from NO, 30-45 min from Slidell.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 AM

314 posts, read 1,018,962 times
Sunscreen and shorts!

Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 PM

84 posts, read 205,855 times
Spittoon. I love gulfport. Bug spray? never used it. Maybe back in the woods.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:56 PM

18 posts, read 57,090 times
Cameras. Sunglasses. Benadryl if anyone has reactions to bee or wasp stings.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:24 AM

Never been stung by a bee or wasp...probably cus i'm so scared of bugs that i run away lol

Old 04-03-2008, 06:41 PM

18 posts, read 57,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cia191630 View Post
Never been stung by a bee or wasp...probably cus i'm so scared of bugs that i run away lol
LOL
I am slightly allergic, so I usually try to keep Benadryl with me, especially during the spring and summer. Bees and wasps can turn up in the darndest places here, including your mailbox, or in clothes if you hang them out on a clothesline to dry!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:07 PM

Default Gulfport

It looks like we could be staying in Biloxi. Still doing some online research, not a whole bunch of information out there bought common sense stuff. ie, closest airport, how far is it to Gulfport, can you swim in the gulf since the storms, is Fort Biloxi a military base? lol so many questions. Any input could help. Thanks in advance, Howard

Old 05-17-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by presurpt View Post
It looks like we could be staying in Biloxi. Still doing some online research, not a whole bunch of information out there bought common sense stuff. ie, closest airport, how far is it to Gulfport, can you swim in the gulf since the storms, is Fort Biloxi a military base? lol so many questions. Any input could help. Thanks in advance, Howard
Depends what part of Biloxi you're in. I can get from the airport to Biloxi limits in 10-15 minutes, it's only the next city over. The closest airport is GPT (Gulfport/Biloxi international, yep it's an international airport lol)

I've never known a local to swim in the water here, it's not pretty water lol.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the quick reply...
Just trying to get all the ducks in a row, and looking to find something for the group of youths to do after hours of work, and the Saturday before we fly out with out tempting them to trouble. Howard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi