U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 11:10 PM

3,715 posts, read 2,864,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
His Ex and their child? Huh? Guess I missed something? (unless you weren't addressing my post?)
I was referring to your #16 post where you said that you are from Wisconsin and you spent 9 days in Northeast Mississippi and your boyfriend wants you to move with him to Mississippi to be near his daughter. That made me think the mother of his daughter is some kind of an ex - ex girlfriend, ex wife, ex significant other, must be living nearby wher your bf wants to move to in Mississippi, so the mother of your boyfriends daughter will be part of the package, so you will need to get use to dealing with her until the daughter is at least 18 yrs old. You said you didn't know if you would be happy living there or not because it seemed so poor and depressing.

For some reason, I thought you were asking for advice, so I responded with my post #17.

I was flabberghasted you didn't seem to have a clue what I was talikng about

Somehow or another, I apparently misunderstood your post #16, cause I still don't get it and I've read it about a dozen times over and over again and it doesn't chanege my mind about anything I posted in post #17, or this here post #21 post.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 11-28-2018 at 11:22 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 02:46 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,471,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I was referring to your #16 post where you said that you are from Wisconsin and you spent 9 days in Northeast Mississippi and your boyfriend wants you to move with him to Mississippi to be near his daughter. That made me think the mother of his daughter is some kind of an ex - ex girlfriend, ex wife, ex significant other, must be living nearby wher your bf wants to move to in Mississippi, so the mother of your boyfriends daughter will be part of the package, so you will need to get use to dealing with her until the daughter is at least 18 yrs old. You said you didn't know if you would be happy living there or not because it seemed so poor and depressing.

For some reason, I thought you were asking for advice, so I responded with my post #17.

I was flabberghasted you didn't seem to have a clue what I was talikng about

Somehow or another, I apparently misunderstood your post #16, cause I still don't get it and I've read it about a dozen times over and over again and it doesn't chanege my mind about anything I posted in post #17, or this here post #21 post.

I'm from Wisconsin and my Boyfriend and I just spent 9 days in Northeast Mississippi near where his daughter lives. He is thinking of moving down there and wants me to come with.

I have no idea where you got the idea from the line above that his daughter had her Mom living near by. LOLOLOLOL

Anyway, let me clarify. My bf's daughter is a grown woman with a husband and child. His daughter's Mom passed away years ago.

I'm just worried that being in NE Mississippi might be a bit boring for me coming from a busier place that I live in now. I have lived in the county and the city and see the value in both. Guess I will just have to make sure me and the BF are on the same page about this move before I commit to it totally.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I'm from Wisconsin and my Boyfriend and I just spent 9 days in Northeast Mississippi near where his daughter lives. He is thinking of moving down there and wants me to come with.

I have no idea where you got the idea from the line above that his daughter had her Mom living near by. LOLOLOLOL

Anyway, let me clarify. My bf's daughter is a grown woman with a husband and child. His daughter's Mom passed away years ago.

I'm just worried that being in NE Mississippi might be a bit boring for me coming from a busier place that I live in now. I have lived in the county and the city and see the value in both. Guess I will just have to make sure me and the BF are on the same page about this move before I commit to it totally.

I thought you was about 18 to 22 years old and still giddy over your boyfriend.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I thought you was about 18 to 22 years old and still giddy over your boyfriend.
Guess you assume alot

Old 11-30-2018, 01:13 PM

Moderator cut: deleted quote removed

CindyRoos, Tupelo isn't bad at all. But it will be different than Milwaukee.[/quote]

I actually don't live in Milwaukee--the outskirts of it and I can't stand Milwaukee---way too much crime and way to busy.

I'm sure I will adjust to MS just fine. Change is always scary but a person can adjust.

Thank you for your kind words I appreciate that

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-03-2019 at 02:02 PM..

Old 11-30-2018, 05:43 PM

985 posts, read 1,032,115 times
Quote:
I actually don't live in Milwaukee--the outskirts of it and I can't stand Milwaukee---way too much crime and way to busy.

I'm sure I will adjust to MS just fine. Change is always scary but a person can adjust.

Thank you for your kind words I appreciate that
If you think Milwaukee has crime, stay out of Memphis or Jackson. You will be fine anywhere else.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:30 PM

1,108 posts, read 2,275,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
If you think Milwaukee has crime, stay out of Memphis or Jackson. You will be fine anywhere else.
Actually, Milwaukee has more violent crime, but Jackson has more property crime. Memphis on the other hand has more violent crime than both. Tupelo has a very low violent crime rate, and the property crime is lower than Milwaukee as well. You will be fine there. Tupelo is like a small city in that it has most of what you need, though not everything.

I'm in Memphis at least 5 days a week. Just like any city, stay out of the bad areas and you will likely be fine, although there is always that risk that crime will spill into other areas.

Last edited by jhadorn; 11-30-2018 at 08:43 PM..

Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 PM

985 posts, read 1,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Actually, Milwaukee has more violent crime, but Jackson has more property crime. Memphis on the other hand has more violent crime than both. Tupelo has a very low violent crime rate, and the property crime is lower than Milwaukee as well. You will be fine there. Tupelo is like a small city in that it has most of what you need, though not everything.

I'm in Memphis at least 5 days a week. Just like any city, stay out of the bad areas and you will likely be fine, although there is always that risk that crime will spill into other areas.
Concur, but DO. NOT. TRUST. CRIME. STATS. Crime reporting is often manipulated by 5-0.

I know many people who have vehicles burglarized in Jackson, but, if JPD even showed up at all, they wrote it up as vandalism.

Obviously, it is much harder to hide violent crime, but I do know of a family whose son was found dead in a Jackson hotel room, JPD was very eager to label it as suicide without doing any type of investigation.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Guess you assume alot
You would guess right because I do assume alot. Not just here, but in my everyday life. I assume things without even thinking about it on daily basis. I always have. It's almost 2nd nature. And I made many assumptions in your post # 16. It was an honest mistake and a misunderstanding on my part, and I appologize for that. I regret I let that happen. I wasn't trying to be a prick to you. I'm not that kind of a person.

Anyway, I just wanna acknowledge the part I played and square things away so there won't be any bad vibes or negative energy lurking between us.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:27 PM

1,961 posts, read 3,873,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
With all the problems California is having - mostly the result of tens of millions of people living in an earthquake-prone land that is mostly desert - I’m glad to live in Mississippi. The gap between rich and poor is much greater in California than it is here. Real estate is vastly more expensive over there, as are taxes. God bless the people of California and Mississippi.
Sorry, had to jump in here. I realize that this thread is about Mississippi, but when you make comparisons start with the facts.

California is NOT mostly desert. Everything else you wrote, though, yup......and thank you for wishing the blessings of God on us.

I have got to get to Mississippi one of these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi