Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 10:05 PM

799 posts, read 1,064,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Here's hoping Amazon locates their facility in Mississippi.
They are building a storage facility here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 10:42 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
"Liberal" is relative to time and place. I get the feeling certain people think even Mitt Romney is "too liberal".

As for a MS version of AOC? I get the feeling the OP means a Mississippi conservative version of AOC (hint: there's already several of them nationally. One of them even lives at 1600 Pennsylvania). But for someone of AOCs ideology - the best chance for that is a legislative seat covering either Biloxi, Bay St. Louis, or Fondren and Belhaven in Jackson. Long-serving Memphis state senator and now US congressman Steve Cohen, unmistakably a liberal, kept winning reelections for at least a generation. So it could happen in one of those places, however unlikely.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:19 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,098,682 times
Mississippi needs JESUS!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2019, 08:00 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,091,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Totally agree. However I will support the major metro areas, not just a city, because that goes above race politics and encompasses everyone.

On top of that, the metro area that is REALLY growing is Gulfport-Biloxi. So I will support them more. However, again, we all know that’s not exactly what you want.
We would need more people in other counties to relocate into the metros and others near the largest micropolitan citiess as well.

Jackson's metro is still increasing and ahead of Gulfport-Biloxi by a large margin.

We could have more than 3 metros (Jackson, Gulfport-Biloxi, Hattiesburg) but most mississippians seems to prefer small city living.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:01 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,091,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
why is something racists when it partly true? like i said earlier in this thread. people of this state ultimately have no one to blame but themselves for what goes on here. i used to think things would change as generations went on. i was wrong apparently.
This Is America.

Old 02-21-2019, 02:17 PM

168 posts, read 191,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Mississippian's HATE each other. Whites hate blacks, blacks distrust whites. Rich hate the poor, the poor hate themselves and other poor people.
Well. Good job showing your true colors. Sorry that you feel that way and I find it pretty offensive that you project your feelings onto the rest of us.

You see no problem with generalizing entire races or groups of people into a single box? Nothing at all wrong with that?

Old 02-21-2019, 03:10 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashington View Post
Well. Good job showing your true colors. Sorry that you feel that way and I find it pretty offensive that you project your feelings onto the rest of us.

You see no problem with generalizing entire races or groups of people into a single box? Nothing at all wrong with that?
Seems pretty inaccurate to me. As far as I know Mississippians don't hate each other. I think white and black get along pretty well here.

Speaking for myself I don't hate anyone. I'm not even married to someone of my own color. Nobody gives us trouble. We have lots of friends. I don't get it.

Help me understand, JacksonPanther.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:52 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,981,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Seems pretty inaccurate to me. As far as I know Mississippians don't hate each other. I think white and black get along pretty well here.

Speaking for myself I don't hate anyone. I'm not even married to someone of my own color. Nobody gives us trouble. We have lots of friends. I don't get it.

Help me understand, JacksonPanther.
Yeah, it stems from their own unhappiness. Anybody who throws around "hate" or those catch-all buzz words in this day and age are usually just unhappy about their own situation or jealous of others. Thus, lashing out and blaming someone else is the easy thing to do.

In general Mississippi race relations are better than the rest of the country, especially with the groups being nearly equal.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:01 AM

17,773 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Yeah, it stems from their own unhappiness. Anybody who throws around "hate" or those catch-all buzz words in this day and age are usually just unhappy about their own situation or jealous of others. Thus, lashing out and blaming someone else is the easy thing to do.

In general Mississippi race relations are better than the rest of the country, especially with the groups being nearly equal.
I'm curious how you square this with the political divide between the white and African Americans in Mississipppi. Mississippi whites are roughly 70% registered republican and Mississippi blacks are roughly 75% registered democrat.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:07 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,688,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Mississippi whites are roughly 70% registered republican and Mississippi blacks are roughly 75% registered democrat.
Do you have a source for those statistics? I would be pretty surprised if only 75% of African Americans are registered to vote in Mississippi are registered as Democrats. I would assume it would be close to 90 percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi