Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 03:50 PM

2,499 posts, read 4,395,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
The word choice you used here is very telling
It was intentional. Every word I chose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 03:57 PM

799 posts, read 1,056,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Someone would have to beat her in the Democratic primary, as there’s no way a Republican could win that district.
I think if the right Dem ran against her they could beat her.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:57 PM

I do enjoy this conversation, as I believe AOC is someone we haven't seen in this country for a long time.

Those of you complaining about 70% tax rates should learn about marginal tax rates and what that means. No one will be paying 70% of their income in taxes.

It's very ironic that Mississippi is having a conversation about Amazon, whereas this **** hole state has almost no high paying jobs but has overwhelming Republican leadership. Republican governor for decades, Republican led legislature, you could do whatever you want to in this state with no repercussions. So the fact that the state is still a **** hole, it's because of the Republicans.

If taxes are bad, eliminate them. You're in charge. What the hell are you waiting for? Turn Mississippi into a Republican wet dream or high growth and no taxes.

Pardon me, I won't hold my breath while I wait.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:37 PM

799 posts, read 1,056,868 times
Most people don't know the difference between marginal tax rates and effective rates. Phil Bryant has ruined this state in the same way that Bobby Jindal ruined Louisiana. When the current governor took office he had to raise taxes across the board to fix what Jindal broke. If anyone has ever talked to Tate "Tater" Reeves you will actually feel that like he's the dumbest person in the room. I know a lot of Republicans who say they wont' vote for him but when it comes down to it, they will. Why? Because they will vote for a Republican no matter what. It's not about voting for the right person to them. It's about voting for the party their mother and father voted for.

This coming from a Democrat whose parents were life long Republicans. AOC, Warren, Harris, Booker and anyone else who ends up running for President. Their platform has be about something more than vilifying rich people. If they don't watch out, they will actually get Trump (if he hasn't been impeached) re-elected.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:23 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,943,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
Oh, we know. We know exactly what you meant. If I had said that to you, I’d have been banned for life. It’s very obvious where your bias lies.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I do enjoy this conversation, as I believe AOC is someone we haven't seen in this country for a long time.

Those of you complaining about 70% tax rates should learn about marginal tax rates and what that means. No one will be paying 70% of their income in taxes.

It's very ironic that Mississippi is having a conversation about Amazon, whereas this **** hole state has almost no high paying jobs but has overwhelming Republican leadership. Republican governor for decades, Republican led legislature, you could do whatever you want to in this state with no repercussions. So the fact that the state is still a **** hole, it's because of the Republicans.

If taxes are bad, eliminate them. You're in charge. What the hell are you waiting for? Turn Mississippi into a Republican wet dream or high growth and no taxes.

Pardon me, I won't hold my breath while I wait.
Do you realize that politics and government can’t fix everything? Do you actually ‘get’ reality? Did you notice that neither Obama or Trump could really implement the “change” they said they could?

Your take above is a cop out, just looking for someone to blame.

We need jobs here. AOC knows nothing about that. End of discussion. Dumb political bias won’t change any of it.

Whatever Texas and Georgia is doing, is what we should be doing.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
So start with supporting your major cities, because that's the only place where any growth is going to happen.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
So start with supporting your major cities, because that's the only place where any growth is going to happen.
Totally agree. However I will support the major metro areas, not just a city, because that goes above race politics and encompasses everyone.

On top of that, the metro area that is REALLY growing is Gulfport-Biloxi. So I will support them more. However, again, we all know that’s not exactly what you want.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:00 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,934,925 times
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, racist

Old 02-17-2019, 10:03 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,934,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Do you realize that politics and government can’t fix everything? Do you actually ‘get’ reality? Did you notice that neither Obama or Trump could really implement the “change” they said they could?

Your take above is a cop out, just looking for someone to blame.

We need jobs here. AOC knows nothing about that. End of discussion. Dumb political bias won’t change any of it.

Be careful what you wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi