U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2019, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Mississippi
1,108 posts, read 2,268,825 times
Reputation: 1528

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Please don't call the cops and ruin someone's life because you don't like a smell...

...I get that the smell bothers her and that it sucks for you guys, but please don't ruin someone's life over this. It sounds like these people are minding their own business in their own home.

...If you hate other people's odors that much, it might be better to get a house with space around it vs living in such close proximity to others. Because a LOT of people smoke weed. Even if you manage to get this person evicted, another stoner could move right in.

Or the person who has no concern for his or her neighbors should take responsibility and not blatantly break the rules. I have no issue with someone smoking weed, but the OP will not be ruining someone's life because he doesn't like the smell... no, the smoker will be doing that because he could at least try to take others into consideration.

Here's an idea. Maybe since it is an apartment complex with people living in close proximity, and there are rules in the complex, maybe the smoker should move to a house with space around it. Suggesting that the person who is following the rules and doing nothing wrong should move instead of the person breaking the rules and disturbing others is wrong and irresponsible.

Last edited by jhadorn; 03-18-2019 at 08:58 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2019, 12:51 PM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,099,750 times
Reputation: 2173
Default Nicotine is not THC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
This outfit thinks you are wrong about second hand smoke. If secondhand nicotine smoke is bad for you, I suspect secondhand cannabis smoke is bad for you. Call the law.
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...and-smoke.html
Your suspicions would be wrong because the premise is wrong. Nicotine is not anything like THC or CBD. Likewise the smoke from two very different substances are different and will have different results.

But we're not even talking about smoke here, we're talking about the mere smell of a substance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 03:26 PM
 
239 posts, read 202,809 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post
Or the person who has no concern for his or her neighbors should take responsibility and not blatantly break the rules. I have no issue with someone smoking weed, but the OP will not be ruining someone's life because he doesn't like the smell... no, the smoker will be doing that because he could at least try to take others into consideration.

Here's an idea. Maybe since it is an apartment complex with people living in close proximity, and there are rules in the complex, maybe the smoker should move to a house with space around it. Suggesting that the person who is following the rules and doing nothing wrong should move instead of the person breaking the rules and disturbing others is wrong and irresponsible.
Yeah I have to laugh at that suggestion. Sounds like someone is overly baked in Cali.....

I suppose if I was blasting my music at top volume that you should move because its too loud...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 06:26 PM
 
13,718 posts, read 16,737,929 times
Reputation: 16767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Trust me, the nausea/headaches are not caused by the weed.
You don't know that her nausea and headaches are not caused by the pot. Have you ever been pregnant? Even normal everyday things can cause you to feel sick. The smell of onions made me sick with one of my pregnancies. With another, the smell of potato chips and ketchup. With another one I would get nauseated and vomit bile any time my stomach was empty, but at the same time I couldn't eat anything. It's not fun.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 06:39 PM
 
13,718 posts, read 16,737,929 times
Reputation: 16767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Your suspicions would be wrong because the premise is wrong. Nicotine is not anything like THC or CBD. Likewise the smoke from two very different substances are different and will have different results.

But we're not even talking about smoke here, we're talking about the mere smell of a substance.

https://drugabuse.com/lets-clear-the...rijuana-smoke/

Secondhand marijuana smoke isn’t only harmful, it’s more damaging than tobacco smoke. To protect the long-term health of our heart and lungs, we need to avoid exposure. Interestingly, studies show it’s the burning of plant material that causes impairment to our blood vessels, not the THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana) or the rolling paper. Bottom line: You can’t simply change those factors and enjoy harmless smoke.



https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...arijuana-smoke


https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/healt...ner/index.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2019, 04:36 AM
 
1,097 posts, read 826,124 times
Reputation: 1731
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You don't know that her nausea and headaches are not caused by the pot. Have you ever been pregnant? Even normal everyday things can cause you to feel sick. The smell of onions made me sick with one of my pregnancies. With another, the smell of potato chips and ketchup. With another one I would get nauseated and vomit bile any time my stomach was empty, but at the same time I couldn't eat anything. It's not fun.
Nausea during pregnancy is a common symptom.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2019, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Southern New Hampshire
8,323 posts, read 14,401,626 times
Reputation: 26878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Nausea during pregnancy is a common symptom.
Yes, but you’ve ignored everything else in this thread.

Pot smokers, unite!, apparently. And to he** with anyone who doesn’t want to smell the foul odor.

OP, call the police. I wouldn’t give 1 second’s consideration to jerk neighbors who clearly did not give 1 second’s thought to whom THEY might be harming with their illegal activities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2019, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
1,992 posts, read 1,123,485 times
Reputation: 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
https://drugabuse.com/lets-clear-the...rijuana-smoke/

Secondhand marijuana smoke isn’t only harmful, it’s more damaging than tobacco smoke. To protect the long-term health of our heart and lungs, we need to avoid exposure. Interestingly, studies show it’s the burning of plant material that causes impairment to our blood vessels, not the THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana) or the rolling paper. Bottom line: You can’t simply change those factors and enjoy harmless smoke.



https://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...arijuana-smoke


https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/healt...ner/index.html
So essentially it's like sitting by a campfire. The horror!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2019, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
1,992 posts, read 1,123,485 times
Reputation: 3976
I'm gonna really live life on the edge later and go have a few tokes by the campfire, cause that's just how I roll.

Devil may care and doubling down on it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2019, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Southern New Hampshire
8,323 posts, read 14,401,626 times
Reputation: 26878
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
So essentially it's like sitting by a campfire. The horror!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
I'm gonna really live life on the edge later and go have a few tokes by the campfire, cause that's just how I roll.

Devil may care and doubling down on it.
You know, you're being pretty much a jerk. If you were sitting at a campfire smoking, the incredibly horrible stench of what you were smoking would NOT get into the OP's apartment.

That is NOT the OP's situation -- because the smoke IS getting into their apartment, and why on earth should they have to put up with that? Those who are saying that THAT "is not a big deal" are delusional (as is the poster who said no one could smell marijuana on her just after smoking -- BS!!).

So yes, it IS a big deal. This is why many apartment buildings don't allow smoking of any kind inside the buildings -- because the smoke will go to other apartments, and the people who live in those apartments should not have to put up with it.

And you wonder why people are against decriminalization or legalization of marijuana?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top