U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2020, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Franklin County PA
724 posts, read 335,640 times
Reputation: 346

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Mainly due to the changing nature of prisons and lessor degree jails in the state. Mississippi's street organizations are tied to Chicago in the black community and that extends into the prison. This had major influence on the white criminal nature in the prison as some people have ties to Chicago as well. Some of the whites wanted to join the GDN but was refused due to a outdated concept so they got network with the Royals. Around the mid 80s, they started expand in the prison then into the streets. The Latin Kings formed in similar fashion later on since the whites couldn't join the VLN in prison. Royals took off faster due to the appeal & history of the org back in Chicago.
Royals have branches in the gulf coast cities, Hattiesburg, Jackson metro, Tupelo, & Southaven.

I would say that field of journalism is heavily covered except not in the mid south as much nor white street orgs here.

Interesting post !

FWIW did the whites you've mentioned who wanted to join the GDN have family ties to Chicago ?

I'm asking because to my knowledge Chicago never experienced a significant influx of white people from the Deep South ( unlike in the case of Appalachia ) which is why I'm curious as to whether my assumption is wrong or not/if said whites who wanted to join GDN in the Mississippi CDC belonged to a small rarely mentioned minority of white people from the Deep South who migrated to Chicago or not .

Also would you say that most Simon City Royals members in the Magnolia State live and/or operate in rural areas ? If so then would you say that that is because the rural criminal element in this country tends to be majority white due to the fact that rural white kids tend to be less well behaved than their ( say ) black counterparts ?

I really don't mean to stir up the racial pot with this post , but I have this theory that ( for various demographic/sociological reasons ) crime in much of the rural US is generally committed by young white males , and I'm planning on making a documentary exploring this subject at length which is why I'm posing this question .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2020, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
2,058 posts, read 1,170,724 times
Reputation: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
FWIW did the whites you've mentioned who wanted to join the GDN have family ties to Chicago?

I'm asking because to my knowledge Chicago never experienced a significant influx of white people from the Deep South ( unlike in the case of Appalachia ) which is why I'm curious as to whether my assumption is wrong or not/if said whites who wanted to join GDN in the Mississippi CDC belonged to a small rarely mentioned minority of white people from the Deep South who migrated to Chicago or not.
A few probably did have chicago ties. It was a modest portion of mississippi whites that migrated to chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
Also would you say that most Simon City Royals members in the Magnolia State live and/or operate in rural areas ? If so then would you say that that is because the rural criminal element in this country tends to be majority white due to the fact that rural white kids tend to be less well behaved than their ( say ) black counterparts ?

I really don't mean to stir up the racial pot with this post , but I have this theory that ( for various demographic/sociological reasons ) crime in much of the rural US is generally committed by young white males , and I'm planning on making a documentary exploring this subject at length which is why I'm posing this question .
Somwhat. Depends where your at in general. They operate in both urban & rural areas of the state. Rural america is predominantly white, around 77%, and kids varies based on their experiences/background.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2020, 11:17 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
18,995 posts, read 11,276,241 times
Reputation: 27116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
.....I really don't mean to stir up the racial pot with this post , but I have this theory that ( for various demographic/sociological reasons ) crime in much of the rural US is generally committed by young white males , and I'm planning on making a documentary exploring this subject at length which is why I'm posing this question .
My own casual observation says you are right, but that's because rural areas are mostly populated by white people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2020, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Franklin County PA
724 posts, read 335,640 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
My own casual observation says you are right, but that's because rural areas are mostly populated by white people.

Yup the general demographic makeup of rural areas definitely plays a major role with respect to this issue , though IMHO there may be some cultural factors at play as well .

Thanks for your input though !
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2020, 09:18 AM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
18,995 posts, read 11,276,241 times
Reputation: 27116
Maybe your thought process should drift over to the possibility that gang activity forms in indirect relationship to the amount of resistance that can be expected.
If forming a gang is likely to result in local law enforcement or the general population rising up in arms, then gangs will not form.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2020, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Franklin County PA
724 posts, read 335,640 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Maybe your thought process should drift over to the possibility that gang activity forms in indirect relationship to the amount of resistance that can be expected.
If forming a gang is likely to result in local law enforcement or the general population rising up in arms, then gangs will not form.

Yup though in the case of MS , it seems that the Royals also operate in plenty of rural areas as well which makes this specific hypothesis rather murky in this particular scenario .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2020, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Jack-town, Sip by way of TN, AL and FL
1,422 posts, read 1,063,961 times
Reputation: 2256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Fauquier View Post
Also would you say that most Simon City Royals members in the Magnolia State live and/or operate in rural areas ? If so then would you say that that is because the rural criminal element in this country tends to be majority white due to the fact that rural white kids tend to be less well behaved than their ( say ) black counterparts ?

I really don't mean to stir up the racial pot with this post , but I have this theory that ( for various demographic/sociological reasons ) crime in much of the rural US is generally committed by young white males , and I'm planning on making a documentary exploring this subject at length which is why I'm posing this question .
Legit LOL.

You need to do some research on per capita crime rates. You are trying to create a problem where one simply does not really exist.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2020, 01:41 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
18,995 posts, read 11,276,241 times
Reputation: 27116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Legit LOL.

You need to do some research on per capita crime rates. You are trying to create a problem where one simply does not really exist.
Can you imagine the type of push-back and outrage that a Black gang would meet with in rural MS/AL?
Horrifying to think about it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2020, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Franklin County PA
724 posts, read 335,640 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Legit LOL.

You need to do some research on per capita crime rates. You are trying to create a problem where one simply does not really exist.

May I ask what you mean by legit as well as how exactly am I creating a problem where none exists ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2020, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
2,058 posts, read 1,170,724 times
Reputation: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Maybe your thought process should drift over to the possibility that gang activity forms in indirect relationship to the amount of resistance that can be expected.
If forming a gang is likely to result in local law enforcement or the general population rising up in arms, then gangs will not form.
There's cases in other places where that worked in reverse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top