Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 09:32 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Ceasing your criticism would be a good start. Complaining does nothing. Do something.

Complaining on the internet only discourages people from possibly coming here and being a part of the solution.

Nothing is going to change in Jackson until those people are voted out. So the only answer is for good people to move into Jackson, or shift power from Jackson. I would prefer both happen, but since I would not move to Jackson I cannot expect anyone else to do the same. But there again, I view things in terms of the metro area, rather than just Jackson city limits. And the Jackson Metro Area has a good bit of potential.
Few people even bother to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 04:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,890,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post

Perhaps you don't know where the lines for Brandon really are?
Likely I know much more about Brandon than you, long term Rankin County taxpayer and have owned many pieces of property in the county. There are two main Brandon zips, 39047 and 39042, 042 is mostly the City of Brandon and the rural areas south of town, while 047 is the Reservoir area (where most neighborhoods are near Flowood). You can drive through Flowood and many homes you see that you think have a Flowood address actually have a Brandon 047 address (although not near, and in no way associated with Brandon the City). 39047 also happens to be the fourth highest income zip code in the state. Therefore a researcher pulling stats for Brandon would add in 39047 (which is more Flowood) to Brandon to produce a higher average income than the City of Brandon actually has.

Sorry, I don't understand what point you are trying to make in the rest your post other than you agree that Madison has a higher income than Brandon?

Old 06-01-2019, 06:45 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,432,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what point you are trying to make in the rest your post other than you agree that Madison has a higher income than Brandon?
My point is that MSA's are well defined in this country. And rather than speculating, you could easily determine exactly the borders of the Brandon msa. USA today didn't invent the msa for that article.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:07 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
What is the cost of a new home in Mississippi say 3 bed, 2 ba. 3 car garage, attached garage in a great neighborhood that is rural? No subdivisions.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
What is the cost of a new home in Mississippi say 3 bed, 2 ba. 3 car garage, attached garage in a great neighborhood that is rural? No subdivisions.
This is going to be all over the map. There aren't many traditional neighborhoods that are rural, most neighborhoods will be in/near a town or city. There of plenty of homes that meet your criteria, but in rural settings they likely may not be in a neighborhood (of course there are exceptions).

Let us know the area you are interested in and we can be of more help. You will find many homes in rural MS that are priced inexpensively compared to most other states.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:17 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
My point is that MSA's are well defined in this country. And rather than speculating, you could easily determine exactly the borders of the Brandon msa. USA today didn't invent the msa for that article.
Brandon doesn't have an MSA.

Old 06-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
This is going to be all over the map. There aren't many traditional neighborhoods that are rural, most neighborhoods will be in/near a town or city. There of plenty of homes that meet your criteria, but in rural settings they likely may not be in a neighborhood (of course there are exceptions).

Let us know the area you are interested in and we can be of more help. You will find many homes in rural MS that are priced inexpensively compared to most other states.
Thanks I will have to look into the areas more specific. Must be at least 2.500 sq. ft with attached 2+ car garage no older than 2005 with no more than 1 acre of land. No traffic or traffic signals or traffic signs, not near any schools or railroad tracks. I hate traffic congestion, long wait in lines not able to find parking. I want peace n quiet with privacy. Neighbors can be far and few.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:20 AM

799 posts, read 1,064,714 times
Quote:
Thanks I will have to look into the areas more specific. Must be at least 2.500 sq. ft with attached 2+ car garage no older than 2005 with no more than 1 acre of land. No traffic or traffic signals or traffic signs, not near any schools or railroad tracks. I hate traffic congestion, long wait in lines not able to find parking. I want peace n quiet with privacy. Neighbors can be far and few.
You're going to be in trouble finding that in rural areas.

Old 06-08-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
You're going to be in trouble finding that in rural areas.

wHY is that?

Old 06-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
wHY is that?
Let me take a stab, in rural areas, there will not be a lot of new construction, so limiting yourself to 2005 or newer will make it harder. Plus a lot of older houses will have a "carport" rather than a garage, additionally, the house may "sit" on more than an acre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi