U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 08:06 PM

47 posts, read 27,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
well based on the times i was in nebraska and locals always asked me how i dealt with so many blacks in ms, i'd say the op is probably the racist party. In my travels i've seen far more white racists above the mason/dixon as well as west of the ms river.

But as far as "reverse racism" goes, it does not exist. Racism is racism, period. Try living in the delta where whites are the minority. No you may not see organized lynchings, but yes black on white crime occurs daily and much of it is based purely on race. The difference is because it is 1 person instead of a group no one equates it to the mobs of old. But the principle is the same. Makes no difference if you are hung or crosses burned in your yards, violence against another based on their race is racism.

THANK

you

!!!!

And I guess if your definition of racism is being leery of violent blacks, hell yeah, sign me up.

Last edited by MiserableInNebraska; 09-09-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 07:18 AM

11,633 posts, read 8,327,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post
I'll say this :

This was an absolute serious thread. And since so many people (assumedly brainwashed liberals stuck to a feeding tube of MSNBC) can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea that racism goes BOTH ways (GASP! OMG IT DOES?!? Yes, little Johnny) they assume I'm trolling. This has nothing to do with me and everything to do with your perception on culture (or should I say, the blatant ignorance of it) and your misguided feelings.

Can you bring out the troll in me? I believe you did. But that's okay, because I'm used to dealing with your type and you NEVER, EVER get it! A-doy!! How fecking hard is it? Brainless wonders, all of you.

This should not have been heated. It was a simple question. But because of you, we can't have a discussion about a real issue at hand. Thank you for acting like kindergarteners once again.

When a racially motivated crime is committed and the crowd urges more of it to happen by applauding the murderer, this is racial uprising and we are once again on the road to civil war. Don't you get it? of course not, you will never get it. Your weak brains cannot soak up any more information because it's filled with media feces.

This is my concern and why I posted this.

Stop being ignorant and educate yourselves.
I don't live in the deep south anymore, but I have in the past (north Florida not coastal MS).

My observation is this:

Black people don't like jacka$$es anymore than white people do.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:59 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,132,473 times
You also gotta think historic here as well; Where did rascism itself began & who initiated it?

Old 09-23-2019, 01:31 AM

78 posts, read 28,086 times
I've lived in both Omaha, Nebraska and the Mississippi Gulf Coast by way of the Air Force. I found both places to be very diverse and welcoming to all. Good solid people, although you would run across a few with attitudes like the OP.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:24 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,301,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
You also gotta think historic here as well; Where did rascism itself began & who initiated it?
If you're looking for the acts associated with the word "racism" (people who look different are innately inferior), the first one was probably the first time a group of people encountered a new group that looked slightly different than them. So about 100,000 years ago (or 5,000, if you're a "young earth" believer). It's common for acts or items to exist for a long time before the modern descriptive term is coined. Like the word "t-shirt" is quite recent, but the article of clothing that word describes has been around for a very long time. Or "catfish". Or "kilt". Or "yeet".

It just so happens that the actual term "race" and later "racism" was invented during a period when Europe was the strongest global power, therefore the term is most associated with lighter-skinned people seeing darker-skinned people as inferior. But if the industrial revolution had happened a few centuries earlier when darker-skinned people held more global power it would be the exact opposite.

Some modern SJW type people want to limit the term to only apply to white-on-black acts, but the vast majority of normal, logical-thinking people know that "racism" isn't so limited. Just ask any black teen who brings a white or Asian date to a family event.

Last edited by An Einnseanair; 09-23-2019 at 08:38 AM..

Old 09-23-2019, 02:53 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,132,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
It just so happens that the actual term "race" and later "racism" was invented during a period in Europe
The core answer.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:43 PM

1,988 posts, read 1,585,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post
Nah dude. You're just triggered too easily.
I think you are the one triggered easily and I wouldn't go there looking for a problem. Raised in the south. Lived everywhere.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:59 PM

2,890 posts, read 4,301,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
It just so happens that the actual term "race" and later "racism" was invented during a period when Europe was the strongest global power,
The core answer.
Only in the most simple and juvenile understanding of the words.

Yes, the word racism was coined at a particular time in history. But the word describes actions and opinions that existed for millennia before it was coined, and still exist today.

Even though the word didn't even exist yet:
- It was racism when the Moors enslaved white Spaniards the 8th-15th centuries; likewise,
- It was racism when the Spanish enslaved black Moors after the Reconquista;
- It was racism when the Japanese enslaved Koreans in the 16th century, and no Europeans were even involved!

Trying to insist that "racism" only applies to white people because that was the meaning at the exact moment in history when it was coined is a fruitless and borderline ridiculous position. It's like saying "gay" (from Old French, "gai") does and always will mean nothing more than "carefree". Or that "literally" will never be allowed as an exaggerated way to emphasize a statement or description that is not literally true or possible.

Last edited by An Einnseanair; 09-23-2019 at 07:20 PM..

Old 09-24-2019, 10:05 AM

4,526 posts, read 1,020,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
I think you are the one triggered easily and I wouldn't go there looking for a problem. Raised in the south. Lived everywhere.
He was researching to avoid a problem. Most violent crime in the U.S. is committed in black areas. Only a moron would move to a place without checking out its violent crime rates. There are places whites and others should avoid for their own safety.

Old 09-24-2019, 10:56 AM

1,988 posts, read 1,585,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
He was researching to avoid a problem. Most violent crime in the U.S. is committed in black areas. Only a moron would move to a place without checking out its violent crime rates. There are places whites and others should avoid for their own safety.
Thanks for the tip LMAO . I have lived all over the US and in Europe as well ( non military ) and have not ever NEEDED to check violent crime rates and have no regrets . I can live just about anywhere .
A person with an attitude probably does have a hard time getting along - with anyone .
Glad my mind is not so closed .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi