U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 02:18 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,110,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Yep. When JacksonPanther or Shariff address things like this, I might begin to have a conversation about race. They dance around the subject and shift the goalposts constantly, so we get nowhere. Rinse repeat.
You have a tendency to hop in certain conversations when you feel a certain way. Those comments didn't include "Shariff" therefore i just lurk. I didn't "dance" around the topic nor move the "goalposts". How about you rinse & repeat your thoughts?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 02:40 PM

1,343 posts, read 981,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
You have a tendency to hop in certain conversations when you feel a certain way. Those comments didn't include "Shariff" therefore i just lurk. I didn't "dance" around the topic nor move the "goalposts". How about you rinse & repeat your thoughts?
Exactly.

Re-read (and watch) post #45. Do you feel that is a problem that needs addressing?

Old 09-26-2019, 04:02 PM

2,173 posts, read 3,517,578 times
Quote:
Yep. When JacksonPanther or Shariff address things like this, I might begin to have a conversation about race. They dance around the subject and shift the goalposts constantly, so we get nowhere. Rinse repeat.
I didn't shift anything. I don't understand why I'm supposed to make any comments about videos from Baltimore, or what that has to do with racism in southern Mississippi.

OP asked about black on white racism in South Mississippi. My response essentially says "it doesn't exist," which remains my point. Through 6 pages of replies you guys have failed to address that topic. Showing video of high schoolers in Baltimore doesn't change my stance one iota.

Several people jumped into this thread who seemed to have an agenda to discuss black on white crime (which op didn't ask about). Y'all feel free to have that conversation without me.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:39 PM

47 posts, read 27,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
I've lived in both Omaha, Nebraska and the Mississippi Gulf Coast by way of the Air Force. I found both places to be very diverse and welcoming to all. Good solid people, although you would run across a few with attitudes like the OP.
Apparently having an opinion and asking a question means having an "attitude".

You are the closed minded one for sure. Great job there.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:41 PM

47 posts, read 27,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
Exactly! When you look for problems, you find em.
No, because sometimes the problems come to you.

Does anyone go LOOKING to get shot? Do they look to have their property vandalized? Do they look to be a victim of any crime?

Nope not usually.

This is why I ask - because like it or not, blacks just like any other race have the tendency to be racially motivated.

Why some folks here can't seem to understand this stupidly simple proposition is immensely worrying.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Exactly.

Re-read (and watch) post #45. Do you feel that is a problem that needs addressing?
It's a problem that been addressed countless of times.
The implications of discriminationary malice behind these attacks is questionable. The videos presented only displayed 1 out 4 that is bigotry. 3 out of 5 videos on Bmore harbor attack.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:00 PM

11,435 posts, read 8,208,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post

Does anyone go LOOKING to get shot? Do they look to have their property vandalized? Do they look to be a victim of any crime?

Nope not usually.

This is why I ask - because like it or not, blacks just like any other race have the tendency to be racially motivated.

Why some folks here can't seem to understand this stupidly simple proposition is immensely worrying.
Quote:
Been thinking about a move to coastal MS and then read about the death of a cop 3 months ago and some of the anti-white comments were just flooring.
Where did you read or hear these "anti-white" comments?

Old 10-05-2019, 08:42 AM
on3

342 posts, read 143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post

Nope not usually.

What's equally worrying are some MS residents wearing Alabama shirts all day long. You have 3 colleges there. What's wrong with Old MS, MS State, or Southern Miss? Nope, it's all about that Auburn/Alabama game when the guy in MS wearing the shirt has never been to AL, has no family in AL, and doesn't even know anyone in AL. Why the need to feel so insecure? I don't get it.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
What's equally worrying are some MS residents wearing Alabama shirts all day long. You have 3 colleges there. What's wrong with Old MS, MS State, or Southern Miss? Nope, it's all about that Auburn/Alabama game when the guy in MS wearing the shirt has never been to AL, has no family in AL, and doesn't even know anyone in AL. Why the need to feel so insecure? I don't get it.
Traitors. Simply traitors.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:37 PM

2,173 posts, read 3,517,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Traitors. Simply traitors.
That's the entire south...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi