U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-04-2019, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Omaha
47 posts, read 27,881 times
Reputation: 134

Advertisements

Been thinking about a move to coastal MS and then read about the death of a cop 3 months ago and some of the anti-white comments were just flooring. I've never had a problem with blacks but if they have a problem with me because I'm white then we are going to have issues BIG time. I don't take it laying down. So how racist against whites is southern MS? I need to know before a possible move, thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2019, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
2,890 posts, read 4,297,522 times
Reputation: 4632
No more racist than anywhere else. Probably less so. There are quite a few threads on this board about typical white-black interactions.

Also, I seem to recall anti-white racist comments from quite a few midwestern and northeasthern locations over the last few years.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 07:20 AM
 
Location: The South
6,391 posts, read 4,466,295 times
Reputation: 10255
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post
Been thinking about a move to coastal MS and then read about the death of a cop 3 months ago and some of the anti-white comments were just flooring. I've never had a problem with blacks but if they have a problem with me because I'm white then we are going to have issues BIG time. I don't take it laying down. So how racist against whites is southern MS? I need to know before a possible move, thanks.
I lived three years in coastal Mississippi and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Jack-town, Sip by way of TN, AL and FL
1,364 posts, read 1,000,489 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiserableInNebraska View Post
Been thinking about a move to coastal MS and then read about the death of a cop 3 months ago and some of the anti-white comments were just flooring. I've never had a problem with blacks but if they have a problem with me because I'm white then we are going to have issues BIG time. I don't take it laying down. So how racist against whites is southern MS? I need to know before a possible move, thanks.
That was a totally random deal, probably fueled by the anti-cop nonsense going around the country. You won't have any problems, especially on the coast.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 11:53 AM
 
Location: North Jackson
2,175 posts, read 3,529,992 times
Reputation: 3010
What exactly are you worried about?

- a black person denying you a job?
- a black person not letting you into their place of business, because of religious reasons?
- an armed group of black men, carrying Black Supremacist (?) signs and advocating that whites go back to Europe?

Who are all these black racists you're worrying about, and what impact are they having in your life?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 12:32 PM
 
806 posts, read 349,067 times
Reputation: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
What exactly are you worried about?

- a black person denying you a job?
- a black person not letting you into their place of business, because of religious reasons?
- an armed group of black men, carrying Black Supremacist (?) signs and advocating that whites go back to Europe?

Who are all these black racists you're worrying about, and what impact are they having in your life?
I think he might be worried about all of those blacks committing mass shootings against white people. Oh, wait...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 01:40 PM
 
Location: NC But Soon, The Desert
1,046 posts, read 445,319 times
Reputation: 2650
White people really have no reason to worry about non Whites acting out against them violently the way that they've done to non Whites (especially Blacks) over the years. Particularly in Mississippi.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2019, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
2,033 posts, read 1,127,898 times
Reputation: 1391
Is Nebraska that miserable?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Jack-town, Sip by way of TN, AL and FL
1,364 posts, read 1,000,489 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
I think he might be worried about all of those blacks committing mass shootings against white people. Oh, wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
White people really have no reason to worry about non Whites acting out against them violently the way that they've done to non Whites (especially Blacks) over the years. Particularly in Mississippi.
Can we say, HEAD IN THE SAND?

Is there any reason to worry about being a crime victim in MS if you are white and perpetrator is black? Probably not, if you mind your own business. But that is the same anywhere, no different in MS, when to comes to any crime and any race.

But to say the OP's concerns are unfounded is just plain delusional. I mean, these are facts.

But again, it's not a MS problem. Violent crime happens in a lot of places.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 10:41 AM
 
Location: North Jackson
2,175 posts, read 3,529,992 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Can we say, HEAD IN THE SAND?

Is there any reason to worry about being a crime victim in MS if you are white and perpetrator is black? Probably not, if you mind your own business. But that is the same anywhere, no different in MS, when to comes to any crime and any race.

But to say the OP's concerns are unfounded is just plain delusional. I mean, these are facts.

But again, it's not a MS problem. Violent crime happens in a lot of places.
OP didn't say or ask anything about general violent crime, clearly you have an axe to grind and thought this was the thread to make your point. OP asked about anti white racism by blacks, to which a few responded that it's an irrelevant point to worry about for white people.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top