Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 09:13 AM

3 posts, read 2,724 times

Advertisements

Hi All!
Let me start by telling you we live in Ohio, we have been dreaming/planning this move for a good while now and are beginning to lose hope. I am disabled now and have a lot of time for tv which started this whole thing. I watch fixer upper and hometown & others like them. I have been watching the show filmed down there and had the impression that finding housing would be easier than it is. Granted we aren't buying but is it really THAT hard to find rentals? I understand that some pretty bad storms have come through recently and that would have impact on the available inventory.
I guess I'm here trying to find out if any local people down there can point me to an agent realtor or some professional that will help us find a place from out of state. I have tried the real estate sites and I won't say they are all bad but.....some of these folks are out of their minds! I am beginning to think there are no properties for rent and these sites are just trying to make their money the only way they can, off dummies like me wanting to really truly rent a home in a new state, to have a better life and surroundings than we have now. How can you justify $40 per person non refundable just to apply, and that is the cheap ones! We would NEVER be able to move! To apply to ten places for myself and my son would be $800.00!!! Is it me or is that just insane? We would wind up spending everything we have just putting in applications!
Am I that uninformed, delusional?
Thanks for reading and appreciate any and all information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 06:17 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Regardless of where you move, I recommend the Dave Ramsey ELP realtors in the area. https://www.daveramsey.com/elp/residential-real-estate

I've always gotten good realtors off that site who have helped me, and I've moved a ton of times. A good realtor can help you and let you know exactly what you're getting into. Don't do the research yourself.

Old 06-06-2020, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,620 times
I'm a realtor in South Mississippi and yes, it is hard to find a good rental at an affordable price. Definitely better off buying in some areas because the note can be far cheaper than rent. If you have any more questions just email me at [email]darienne.hlrprop@gmail.com[/email] I'd be more than happy to help

Old 08-05-2020, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,724 times
Sorry it took so long to respond, I just received notice this morning. I did send you an email at the address you listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi