U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 10:31 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,041,457 times

Advertisements

So we are moving from Texas to Florida next week and will be driving through your fine state. Due to COVID travel restrictions will we have any problems driving through Mississippi with our Texas plates? We have no intentions to stop for gas/food/etc, just passing through. We have been social distancing sine March 10th, wearing masks/etc. we just don’t want to get in trouble on our journey through and we can’t find up to date info on our particular scenario. Please help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 10:53 PM

18,668 posts, read 10,983,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
So we are moving from Texas to Florida next week and will be driving through your fine state. Due to COVID travel restrictions will we have any problems driving through Mississippi with our Texas plates? We have no intentions to stop for gas/food/etc, just passing through. We have been social distancing sine March 10th, wearing masks/etc. we just don’t want to get in trouble on our journey through and we can’t find up to date info on our particular scenario. Please help
If you honestly believe that Mississippi is all that different from all the other states you should just drive around it.
BOL!

Old 06-27-2020, 08:34 AM

985 posts, read 1,027,751 times
I'm in FL now (drove in on Wednesday) you will have no issues in MS or AL. I can't speak for LA and FL may be shutting some things down again.

The small AL towns west of Mobile on Hwy 98 are known speed traps, make sure to use Waze as your
GPS as it will let you know the best route around Mobile (the tunnel on I-10 can get backed up). The entire state of FL is a speed trap and many municipalities use cameras (Waze will warn you of these too).

Old 06-27-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
If you honestly believe that Mississippi is all that different from all the other states you should just drive around it.
BOL!
Not trying to be silly but with this virus different states have different rules and we just want to understand them so we can be respectful and not have issues. Law enforcement in Texas was ticketing folks $1000 fines with Louisiana plates who weren’t isolating. We just don’t want to get into trouble is all.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:08 PM

3,640 posts, read 1,592,181 times
Quote:
Not trying to be silly but with this virus different states have different rules and we just want to understand them so we can be respectful and not have issues. Law enforcement in Texas was ticketing folks $1000 fines with Louisiana plates who weren’t isolating. We just don’t want to get into trouble is all.
The country needs more people like you!

Old 06-28-2020, 07:09 PM

14,027 posts, read 20,248,369 times
No

Old 06-29-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Kinda cumbersome, isn't it?
You mean to tell me.... (pause for effect) .... that law enforcement in Texas will pull over a car with Louisiana license plates, determine for themselves if the occupants of that car are isolating - and they are not, because they are just driving through with the windows up - and then fine them $1,000?

The alternative to this nutty policy, which you believe is in place, is for all residents of Louisiana to stop at the Texas border, check in to a motel for 14 days, get a receipt to show to law enforcement, and then proceed across the state.

I, for one, ain't buying it. I heard the same story from people we know who were Florida bound. They believed (honestly believed) that all traffic was being stopped at the Florida line and those with Louisiana license plates were told to turn around.
It never happened.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
You mean to tell me.... (pause for effect) .... that law enforcement in Texas will pull over a car with Louisiana license plates, determine for themselves if the occupants of that car are isolating - and they are not, because they are just driving through with the windows up - and then fine them $1,000?

The alternative to this nutty policy, which you believe is in place, is for all residents of Louisiana to stop at the Texas border, check in to a motel for 14 days, get a receipt to show to law enforcement, and then proceed across the state.

I, for one, ain't buying it. I heard the same story from people we know who were Florida bound. They believed (honestly believed) that all traffic was being stopped at the Florida line and those with Louisiana license plates were told to turn around.
It never happened.
Excuse me?

Last edited by CLR210; 06-29-2020 at 09:38 PM..

Old 06-29-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:

It never happened.
I honestly do not care what you believe but here ya go. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...d-15164996.php

As I was saying, different states are doing different things. Forgive me for wanting to know, understand and be respectful of the states I’ll be traveling through. Are you always this friendly?

Old 06-29-2020, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I honestly do not care what you believe but here ya go. https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...d-15164996.php

As I was saying, different states are doing different things. Forgive me for wanting to know, understand and be respectful of the states I’ll be traveling through. Are you always this friendly?
Your article was from March 30, which was during the lockdown. Several states restricted travel at that time.

Texas is no longer on the list of states requiring a quarantine.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ts/5256975002/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi