Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2006, 08:53 PM

2 posts, read 16,327 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are interested in moving to Northwest Mississippi in the summer of 2007. We are Exceptional Education teachers. We would prefer something within driving distance to shopping and recreational amenities of Memphis while enjoying the simple lifestyle of the country. We currently live in Jackson, Mississippi and are moving due to the increase in crime near the neighborhood we live in. This is a factor that we are also considering as we make our choice as to where we will live. We will appreciate any information you may have about this area.

Thank-you,

The Pollards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM

23 posts, read 125,625 times
Default I teach SPED too in NW MISS

I am living the life that you want apparently. I also teach sped in NW Miss. I am leaving in the summer to move to Georgia. getting a substantial raise and their schools are wonderful. If you want the Delta Cleveland is the best place. Stay away from Clarksdale and Greenville. They can't give a house away due to crime, gangas and aweful public schools. Desoto county or even tunica county would be your best bet.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 AM

11 posts, read 70,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Pollard View Post
My wife and I are interested in moving to Northwest Mississippi in the summer of 2007. We are Exceptional Education teachers. We would prefer something within driving distance to shopping and recreational amenities of Memphis while enjoying the simple lifestyle of the country. We currently live in Jackson, Mississippi and are moving due to the increase in crime near the neighborhood we live in. This is a factor that we are also considering as we make our choice as to where we will live. We will appreciate any information you may have about this area.

Thank-you,

The Pollards
I would suggest the Hernando area. It is still like country and it is not a bad drive to Memphis. Less than 30 minutes. Also, crime rate is real low.

March 20, 2007, article:

Quote:
HERNANDO — Hernando Police Chief Mike Riley tells would-be patrol officers they're in the wrong place for high-speed chases and shootouts with bad guys.

Riley's officers are more likely to find themselves waving at citizens, unlocking cars to retrieve keys for stranded motorists and defusing domestic disturbances.

With a town square sitting 12 miles south of Memphis, with Southaven, Horn Lake and Olive Branch serving as a buffer, Hernando enjoys a comfortable isolation from the big city.

Throw in a 24-7 stream of squad cars from cities and the sheriff's department to and from the DeSoto County Jail, and Hernando has a police presence disproportionately large for its estimated 12,800 residents.
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...=2007703200387

If you would like to talk to more of the locals, try http://MidSouthChat.com. There are a number of posters there who live in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi