U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 07:19 AM

11,417 posts, read 8,192,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
We definitely won't miss this person in NC. Sorry, Mississippi...
Mississippi already ranks sixth in COVID deaths per million in the entire country. They are the only non northeastern state to have more than a thousand deaths per million population besides Louisiana and North Dakota.

And Mississippi is only behind the NE and Louisiana because they didn't get hit as hard in the first wave as those places did.

Meanwhile, North Carolina sits at a death rate of roughly one third that of Mississippi. One has to question why that it is. But I reckon the OP won't.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 09:04 AM

13,964 posts, read 20,169,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickpatio2018 View Post
I don't really get why Republicans have a problem with the masks...

This thread was started by ONE PERSON, as in singular, not plural. Most of the responses here are telling the OP to wear a mask.
The rest of your thread is just nonsense.

Oh why can't you guys just stay in P&C? Seriously. There is a forum for you. We are bombarded with enough political crap everytime we turn on the TV.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:03 AM

18,599 posts, read 10,903,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Mississippi already ranks sixth in COVID deaths per million in the entire country. They are the only non northeastern state to have more than a thousand deaths per million population besides Louisiana and North Dakota.

And Mississippi is only behind the NE and Louisiana because they didn't get hit as hard in the first wave as those places did.

Meanwhile, North Carolina sits at a death rate of roughly one third that of Mississippi. One has to question why that it is. But I reckon the OP won't.
Couldn't be because we Mississippians are lazy and stupid, because New York and New Jersey and No 1 and No 2, and those places are just chock full of geniuses.
Couldn't be because our health care and education systems are sub-par because Massachusetts in No 3, and they have the best systems in the world.
Must have something to do with Connecticut and Louisiana, because those two states are tied for No 4 & 5.

Maybe Mississippi could learn something from Rhode Island - they always do well...... Nope. Virtually no difference between Rhode Island, No 7, and Mississippi, No 6.

Population density? ......... Nope. Washington DC, where people are all crammed together is tied with South Dakota.

It's just the way it is, I guess....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

Old 11-23-2020, 01:39 PM

17,224 posts, read 19,939,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbritt098765 View Post
Still waiting one scientific research that says a single ply cotton masks makes any difference when not washed in a hospital commercial washing machine. From a bipartisan source.
Hey you got your politics in my science!

You got your science in my politics!

Two great tastes that poi-son America!

Old 11-24-2020, 09:42 AM

1,339 posts, read 977,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
We have a mask mandate in Alabama, but it's not particularly intrusive. There is no shutdown of businesses nor will there be, according to our mayor. I belive masks do indeed help, but wearing one outside (e.g., while playing golf) isn't necessary at all. The whole Covid thing needs to be approached with reason, but it can't be ignored entirely.
This is the correct answer. It's this way in MS too, even in Jackson.

Old 12-09-2020, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,803 times
Quote:
Hello everyone. So somehow Cooper got re-elected into office. He has completely ruined this state and continues to lock the state up with mask mandates and making small businesses struggle and close.

I grew up here and love the state but it's almost become an embarrassment. I live near the east coast which imo is still the most southern part of the state. I do not want to live another 4 years with a mask mandate. It's my opinion if wearing one makes you feel safe by all mean please wear one but the ones that do not feel like it makes any difference whatsoever want to continue our right not wearing one.

I have seen a few news articles now claiming your governor will not participate in a lockdown and drop the mask mandate. If this is true what is it like living there right now? Especially when it comes to entering business establishments like restaurants and grocery stores. Are you being forced to wear one before walking in?

I work remotely. I'm not planning on doing anything until the president is officially declared but I have a feeling things are only going to get worse if Biden is president which is making me considering moving out of our democratic run state.
from Charlotte, we are so glad that you have decided to leave the great state of North Carolina to a state that is more your speed (:

Old 12-14-2020, 07:56 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,549,213 times
Quote:
Yeah don't even attempt NC now. Before I was working remote we had an office downtown Raleigh and it looks like an episode of the walking dead now. Cooper has let BLM and antifa destroy the entire city. So many good businesses closed for good. Saw an an article where Asheville was going to attempt to collect reparations. Not happening. The large cities where the majority of people are from out of state are turning this state blue. I can't stand it. We voted Trump in and then we turn around and vote Cooper right back in. Makes a lot of sense.

I will be moving to a state without lock downs if I can find one. Would really like to stay in the South.
Florida, if you can stand the summers.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:30 AM

3,694 posts, read 2,827,675 times
Quote:
So wear my mask to make you feel better? Sorry I don't live to accommodate you or anyone else outside my family and friends. If your mask works I shouldn't need one right? Last article I read from the CDC it said most people who had contracted the virus wore masks majority of the time. Your mask and social distancing isn't going to keep you from getting the virus. You can't control a virus. Please find me one scientific research that says these single ply cotton masks makes any difference when not washed in a hospital commercial washing machine. From a bipartisan source of course.

I'm not going to "just adapt" because it fits political agendas. Sorry I don't comply that easily.
If you're in the middle of a check-out line at a grocery store and you're the only one not wearing a mask, and you sneeze, people are liable to start freaking out and the next thing you know there is chaos, similar to if somebody yells "fire!" in a theater. You'll bring a whole lot of unwanted attention to yourself.

Old 12-15-2020, 12:11 PM

31,327 posts, read 69,450,289 times
Quote:
So somehow Cooper got re-elected into office.
Somehow? It's called applying good sense.
Attached Thumbnails
North Carolinian who it done with tyrant governor-maskuseexplained.jpg  

Old 12-19-2020, 10:20 AM
gg

21,596 posts, read 20,518,868 times
Just stumbled on this thread. I am in PA and we are spiking with COVID deaths and we are totally shut down and have been strong-armed the entire pandemic. I got a chance to visit Florida and they are handling it completely different. People are much happier and businesses aren't shutting down. Depression is very real. PA is a mess and FL is doing much better. All keeping in mind FL should have a lot more deaths due to how many elderly they have in assisted living. You need to look at the big picture.

Haven't been to Mississippi in a very long time. Love the food down that way.

Good luck to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi