U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 08:28 PM

780 posts, read 814,642 times

Advertisements

Has any one here gotten the vaccine yet? I have an appointment for the Feb. 9 and was wondering what the experience like.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 06:56 AM

6,468 posts, read 4,563,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyreynolds1977 View Post
Has any one here gotten the vaccine yet? I have an appointment for the Feb. 9 and was wondering what the experience like.
Don’t live in Mississippi anymore, but I have had the first shot. No unusual side effects, arm was a little sore for a few days, but thats all. Same with my wife. When you get the first, try to get an appt. for the second. I know some folks are having trouble scheduling the second. My second is on Feb 10..

Old 01-25-2021, 12:48 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,069,557 times
My mother got her's (Moderna) from the health department/nat guard. It was a drive through situation, her second shot was not scheduled.

My MIL's (Pfizer) was from UMC in Flowood. Her's was in person and her second shot was scheduled at the same time.

Both operations were on time and it all sent smoothly.

Both are elderly, but absolutely no side effects.

Old 01-25-2021, 06:22 PM

according to the msdh if you receive your vaccine through a drive in, you have to go the covidvaccine.umc.edu and schedule your next appointment.

Old 01-25-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
according to the msdh if you receive your vaccine through a drive in, you have to go the covidvaccine.umc.edu and schedule your next appointment.
That is correct.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:21 AM

14,241 posts, read 20,499,141 times
Quote:
I've been reading about the distribution comments in the Neighborhood forum for Desoto country. I don't qualify by age or pre-existing conditions, but for those that got the vaccine (about a dozen comments) for the most part it seems to be going smooth, drive in administration, with lines ranging from nothing to a couple hours. Not bad at all.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:58 AM

When scheduling via the website, you just have to keep refreshing.

All day Friday (scheduling for my MIL), I keep refreshing with a goal to keep doing it all day/night until I got a slot. A couple of times during the day I got to the point of scheduling only to lose the appointment before entering the info.

At 7pm, several next day appointments popped up for Flowood, I was able to get one of those.

Last edited by viverlibre; 01-27-2021 at 10:11 AM..

Old 01-27-2021, 06:36 PM

Does the place in Flowood have the same vaccine has her first dose. I ask this because if she got the Moderna vaccine and the place in Flowood has Pfizer, that's not going to work. The two vaccines aren't interchangable. That's why they said you have to book your appointment for your 2nd dose at the same place as your initial dose.

Old 01-27-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Does the place in Flowood have the same vaccine has her first dose. I ask this because if she got the Moderna vaccine and the place in Flowood has Pfizer, that's not going to work. The two vaccines aren't interchangable. That's why they said you have to book your appointment for your 2nd dose at the same place as your initial dose.
She got pfizer in Flowood, her second shot was scheduled at the same time she got the first shot. First shot on 23 Jan and second is scheduled for three weeks later.

My mother got Moderna from the health department/national guard. My sister handled it, but they don't schedule the second shot, you have to schedule the second dose on line.

An old trick we did in the military was take ibuprofen a couple of hours before a shot that was supposed to cause a reaction (IIRC, Anthrax, yellow fever and small pox were some of the worst).

Last edited by viverlibre; 01-27-2021 at 08:37 PM..

Old 02-04-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

An old trick we did in the military was take ibuprofen a couple of hours before a shot that was supposed to cause a reaction (IIRC, Anthrax, yellow fever and small pox were some of the worst).
I'd like to edit this out of my post above. I'm in no way, shape or form qualified to give medical advice. Don't take anything before the shot unless advised by a medical professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi