U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2022, 06:53 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,213,007 times

Advertisements

I'm in the back of the car, enduring the long schlep between the southern end of Central Park, and the East End of Long Island. It's been a good time to watch the news - long-distance - with Dowager Soybean Empress and her Butler, who're in the Mississippi Delta. It's a nice break, between teleconferences.

So, I just got a restorative dose of screeches, hand-clapping, and cackles, from Soybean Empress and her faithful retainer, as WLBT broke the story about the Rankin County Tax Assessor. Well, first, Tax Dude got pulled-over for DWI. Then, young females were discovered in his fancy truck, but each refused to disclose her age. Then, at the po-po station, he blabbed about having multiple "&*^s" "going", simultaneously, in the hot tub at some club (while being assured that the popo would be as discreet as possible,about all of this). (All of this being "alleged", of course, even though I just saw the videos)

Two hours later, he's alleged to have raped a young female, using an apparent date-rape drug. Channel 3 says the story is "developing". A reporter at the station, seems to have been the first to connect the dots and link the stories. We're passing through "The Village", right now, and so I'll quickly link to the breaking news bits:
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/04/05/rank...erson-over-16/
https://www.wlbt.com/2022/07/14/3-yo...der-influence/

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 07-14-2022 at 07:17 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 07:42 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,501,678 times
So this all happened back in March? It stayed under the radar for that long?

I thought for a DUI arrest one spends the night in jail?

I have many questions....

edit - looks like the rape charge was reported back in early April.

Last edited by viverlibre; 07-14-2022 at 08:01 PM..

Old 07-15-2022, 08:08 AM

1,655 posts, read 1,599,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

It got reported a good bit.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:27 PM

Default Update: more details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post

Maybe Kingfish's most recent coverage will answer some of your questions: Jackson Jambalaya: Will Partying Turn into Prison for Tax Assessor?

In any event, I feel more empathy for Rankin County's poor taxpayers, than I do for any of the five young women who were in the truck with the guy.

The job of Tax Assessor, is one which requires a person who's honest and above reproach. And it requires one who's got his wits about him. I have a feeling that a lot of powerless people in Rankin County have been cheated, over the last fifteen years, while various cronies have paid less than their fair share. But that's just a hunch.

And is this guy MARRIED?

Old 10-25-2022, 04:03 PM

What a hottie! As several of the commenters mentioned (or attempted to, in their bumbling way), below the linked articles, he really needs to go with a lighter beard dye & hair dye. But I think they're entirely wrong about his "spray tan". That's sun-damaged skin, which can be sexy on gingerish men (until the collagen is gone, and the acne pockmarks - hidden since the end of puberty - begin to show, again, as seems to be currently happening to beautiful Brett Favre).

Isn't it amazing, what people can get away with, when they're beautiful? Then, when their beauty begins to fade, those beauties start to understand that they've been given the benefit of the doubt, for most of their lives. They begin to understand that actions have consequences. Previously, their hotness made them immune to consequences. As their beauty fades, fewer people are looking for excuses to pretend that they're smart, they're noble, they're "winners", they're "team players", they're "great guys", they're "fun to be around".

People who used to say nice things about those beauties, begin to express how they've really, secretly, felt about them, all-along: "He was a total ----ole, even in Junior High" "He's always been insecure" "He's always thought he was better than the rest of us" "He was a bully".

I'd imagine that the sort of doctors who once allowed themselves to become mesmerized into pretending to believe in the "Wealth Preservation Strategies" being offered by the astonishingly-studly Mr. Mardis, had begun to balk. They were increasingly disinclined to believe - or pretend to believe. Were they also becoming disinclined to buy his product?

This would have had to, if I'm assessing/guessing the situation correctly, create feelings of bitterness, in Mardis. This would, inevitably, have led to an ever-growing sense of desperation, as finances became increasingly strained. Additionally, there was the complication of his wife's nominal ownership of his business (assuming comments to that effect, below Kingfish's articles, were actually correct). Mardis would have felt trapped, and he would have actually been trapped. Add to that (I'm only theorizing, here: I could be wrong), grave insults, and serious interruptions to his Narcissistic Supply ("Narcissistic supply is a form of payment given by others in order to be in a relationship with a narcissist." A wonderful definition, from psychcentral: https://psychcentral.com/pro/recover...istic-supply#1), plus the Dysglycemia which becomes problematic, as most of us grow older, and you've got a dangerous combination.

And then, here comes the TRIGGERING MOMENT. Acutely-stinging insults, coupled with veiled threats of financial ruin, coming at a moment of inebriation - also a moment, right after a big meal, when (my personal guess, here) his insulin-resistant brain was starved for nourishment (the surgeons among my children, could explain the precise mechanisms better than can I: damaged neurons... synapses which fire only when in ketosis, which booze and a carbohydrate-laden meal would make worse... )..... This is only my theory, you understand, formed from information gleaned from Kingfish's articles, and the comments below them.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi