Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 11:37 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times

Advertisements

Do not blame this on anyone other than the incompetent city officials in Jackson and the idiots who voted them into office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 01:03 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times
There are a lot of politics involved at every level and trying to blame a small core of people in Jackson is disingenuous.

I am sure the Federal Governments new infrastructure bill will be used to get every penny possible despite only 17 out of 50 Republicans voting for it.

Then there is Lt. Gov. Delbert Hosemann (R) that wants the city airport for the state saying he will provide infrastructure money if the city gives the airport to the state.

Then there should be state and federal oversight that has obviously failed or been ignored.

Old 09-02-2022, 02:02 PM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times
if you live in the south, the government crooked. the last three alabama governor retired in prison

Old 09-02-2022, 02:59 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
if you live in the south, the government crooked. the last three alabama governor retired in prison
What if you don't live in the South?
Government OK, then?

Old 09-02-2022, 03:05 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
There are a lot of politics involved at every level and trying to blame a small core of people in Jackson is disingenuous.

I am sure the Federal Governments new infrastructure bill will be used to get every penny possible despite only 17 out of 50 Republicans voting for it.

Then there is Lt. Gov. Delbert Hosemann (R) that wants the city airport for the state saying he will provide infrastructure money if the city gives the airport to the state.

Then there should be state and federal oversight that has obviously failed or been ignored.
It's been ignored.
There has already been a link in one of the OTHER threads you started about this. It links to a newspaper article dated Aug 4th complaining about this city, which got $90M and did not use it for its intended purpose.

You're going to hurt your back if you insist on twisting and turning like that trying to make the Republicans somehow responsible.
The blame is with the city.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It's been ignored.
There has already been a link in one of the OTHER threads you started about this. It links to a newspaper article dated Aug 4th complaining about this city, which got $90M and did not use it for its intended purpose.

You're going to hurt your back if you insist on twisting and turning like that trying to make the Republicans somehow responsible.
Yup. I also read an article blaming "white flight", if you can believe that. I wish I had saved the link, but I didn't. I'll try to find it again. It blames white people for leaving the city back in the 80s, which caused the decline in revenue... or some such rot.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:21 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,661,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Yup. I also read an article blaming "white flight", if you can believe that. I wish I had saved the link, but I didn't. I'll try to find it again. It blames white people for leaving the city back in the 80s, which caused the decline in revenue... or some such rot.
Except the dogwhistled implication behind raising objection to the white flight/ targeted disinvestment theory, is that black and brown people are too coconut head to govern themselves. The Rhodesia argument pretty much. Mississippi has too long a track record of political antagonism/redlining/ booby trapping against dark skinned pluralities to now be feigning innocence on the targeted disinvestment front. At least since they had their rears handed to them first time around in 1863 anyways.

Old 09-02-2022, 08:41 PM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times
Quote:
What if you don't live in the South?
Government OK, then?

huh, i dont know, I never been anywhere that its snowed

Old 09-03-2022, 04:39 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:

I just quoted facts. I never pointed a finger at a specific political party. I pointed out the State and Federal government has failed Jackson. I am not saying the City does not also have responsibility. I am saying that responsibility belongs to the many, not the few.

Old 09-03-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I just quoted facts. I never pointed a finger at a specific political party. I pointed out the State and Federal government has failed Jackson. I am not saying the City does not also have responsibility. I am saying that responsibility belongs to the many, not the few.
The city was given 90-million to correct the problem. No work was done to prevent this. I'd like to know where the money went. This is like Katrina all over again. The New Orleans never repaired the weakened levee with the allotted fund given it. The hurricane came.

I'd also like to know where all those single-use empty plastic bottles will end up. Why not hand out gallon jugs instead? Wouldn't that be a little bit better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi