Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you move out of Mississippi ?
Yes 172 67.45%
No 58 22.75%
Maybe 25 9.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:37 PM

276 posts, read 1,140,259 times

Advertisements

I'm from the north and moved to MS after a couple of visits...I enjoy it..I've lived there 2x so far, will be 3 next week...maybe 3x the charm lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 AM

35 posts, read 117,728 times
Long time resident of MS but love the TN mountains and Orange beach and always wished I could go back and forth. Realistically, I don't ever see me moving but if I had the $$, I would.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:13 PM

321 posts, read 958,527 times
I enjoyed growing up on the Mississippi Gulf Coast but I was lucky that my family moved away to California just before Camille. So I never had to live in an area of devastation, which I imagine would have been extremely depressing -- since it has depressed me to see all of the 'empty spaces' over the years and naturally since Katrina the 'huge empty zones' where half the city used to be. (But we lived behind the railroad tracks and the house that I grew up in still exists.)

Nevertheless, since my mother is French, I have dual heritage, and I moved to France the moment I finished college, while my brother became a completely typical Californian.

I have never regretted my decision, and I'm sure that my brother has never regretted his.

(We don't see each other very often...)

Old 08-24-2009, 01:55 PM

35 posts, read 117,728 times
Quote:
(We don't see each other very often...)
I suggest you send typical Californian bro a message and you two get together for a trip to Miss. Might be fun, huh?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,222 times
I lived in Chicago for several years in the 80's and early 90's. I relocated to Tupelo, Ms & I have regretted it ever since. I grew up in Ms but had no idea of the mass racism, good ole boy political connections, mass corruptions, delta mafia thugs on drugs and back woods conspiracy realities that would turn John Grishems stomach! I recently left Northeast, Ms and I can promise...I will NEVER return to Mississippi again.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:01 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,101,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC4JUSTICE View Post
I lived in Chicago for several years in the 80's and early 90's. I relocated to Tupelo, Ms & I have regretted it ever since. I grew up in Ms but had no idea of the mass racism, good ole boy political connections, mass corruptions, delta mafia thugs on drugs and back woods conspiracy realities that would turn John Grishems stomach! I recently left Northeast, Ms and I can promise...I will NEVER return to Mississippi again.
Surely, it is not that bad? Delta mafia?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:31 PM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,642,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Surely, it is not that bad? Delta mafia?

Not the Delta Mafia Lass. He is talking about the Delta Mafia on Drugs .
The Delta Mafia is actual an older peaceful organized crime outfit.
Now the Delta Mafia on Drugs is a young violent outfit.
They are a bad group and should be feared by all who love life.
When walking past a group of them avert your eyes, hold your dear children close and pray silently for mercy.
I'm nervous just typing their name here.
I wonder if they can trace a City Data post?
Maybe It's best not to talk about them

Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,101,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Not the Delta Mafia Lass. He is talking about the Delta Mafia on Drugs .
The Delta Mafia is actual an older peaceful organized crime outfit.
Now the Delta Mafia on Drugs is a young violent outfit.
They are a bad group and should be feared by all who love life.
When walking past a group of them avert your eyes, hold your dear children close and pray silently for mercy.
I'm nervous just typing their name here.
I wonder if they can trace a City Data post?
Maybe It's best not to talk about them
Never expected to hear of that in MS, big cities yeah.

Yeah we best not talk just incase

Old 08-26-2009, 08:08 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,860,358 times
I moved out of MS a long time ago and lived in Florida for many years. Two years ago we moved to Northeast Tennessee just outside of Johnson City very near Jonesborough. We really love it here; my only regret is not moving here sooner.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:18 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,080,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I live in Scranton, Pa, where did u live?
Hi there--I lived in the Lehigh Valley in a small town in the foothills of the Poconos. I went to school at East Stroudsburg. Gosh--that all was a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi