Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,038 times

Advertisements

Do come and research the area public schools. I found Columbus Public Schools to have the best education and also the most to offer my children. People are very passionate about their school choices so please keep that in mind when reading these replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,936 times
Default Golden Triangle Schools

We lived in Columbus for 4 years. I have a 10yr old daughter that attended public and a private school, plus lots of friends with kids in the various school systems. My daughter started out at Caldeonia Elem. While the teachers were great, and it is the best school in the area, its still not up to speed with the rest of the nation. Not that any Mississippi schools are. Columbus public schools are a definite No-No. Lots of gangs and drugs, etc. New Hope public schools have the highest teen pregnancy rate of any school in the area. Victory Christian Academy (about $285.00 per month, plus other expenses) is very far behind academically. Nice enough teachers, but my daughter was bored and didn't learn one thing while there for 1 year. She had to play catch up when she went back to public schools. I have friends with kids at Starkville Academy and they have only raved about it. Heritage Academy (approx. $465.00 per month, plus LOTS of other expenses) as I understand it is a great school, but be prepared to pay out the nose. It's very expensive and the kids there are typically from affluent families that can afford to buy the teenagers expensive cars and pay for expensive field trips, etc.

I checked out all of the schools in the area, and your best bet if you are going to live close to Columbus is Caledonia schools. If you are going to live in or near Starkville, I would go for Starkville Academy if you can afford it.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:43 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,380,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdoat View Post
While the teachers were great, and it is the best school in the area, its still not up to speed with the rest of the nation. NOT THAT ANY MISSISSIPPI SCHOOLS ARE.
That's quite a large brush stroke you have there.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,164 times
Starkville High School is the best choice for anyone who values education for their children. Starkville is a college town and provides many opprotunities for the community. The public schools have some of the top ranked students around and the teachers are highly qualified. Sudduth Elementary offers the best education and provides a solid foundation for their students to build on. I should know, I am a product of the Starkville School District and I am currently a top honor student with great values, determination, and a great love for my community that I show through my involvement in various projects and activities. Every school has obstacles and room for improvement. Starkville School District is no exception but they continue to make learning a priority. Despite the opinions of a select few, the district as a whole is an outstanding choice!
-L.G. Class of 2013

Old 02-20-2011, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,164 times
I have to disagree, the Starkville School District provides a great atmosphere and the experienced teachers are well informed on how to conduct a learning enviorment. Students in any school will respond to what they are given. When it comes to substitues, any child from any school will do what they are allowed. When there is a structured enviorment with positive attitudes, expectations are easily obtained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi