Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFarmer View Post
hey -i'm new here- i've got a some questions about the Lucedale, MS and Agricola, MS area. I live in NC and am seriously considering relocating because this neighorhood has gone to heck over the past 20 years since the mill closed. what used to be a nice working-family neighborhood is Moderator cut: racist remarks are not appropriate in this forum
we have 3 deadbolts on all our doors and a loaded 12-ga. next to the bed and we're still scared like all the other normal people left here.

i've only been to MS once - in may 2006 after Katrina to pitch in with the relief - and i liked it; i like anywhere hot, humid, Christian conservative, traditional, rural, white, and in the South. but everyone on here and elsewhere is saying that MS is always ranked the worst place to live in the country; that it's full of rampant violent crime and the police are corrupt and do nothing about it, etc. I don't want to be "moving out of the frying pan and into the fire" - i'm trying to move OUT of the bad neighborhood, not from one bad one to another bad one,- so i want the opinions of real Mississippans who are familiar with the specific area i'm talking about.

so again i'm thinking of moving to southeast George County, MS - i.e. the Agricola area, or possibly the Lucedale area (but outside the city limits because i farm and i like it quiet and extra super rural). what's agricola/county Lucedale like? is it full of crime, or is it a place where you don't need to lock your doors at night? is it quiet and rural, or is becoming all built-up and developed? is it a good conservative Christian area, or has it gone liberal? are there youth gang problems or violence problems or drug problems? in NC, we compare things to Mayberry, and glory what i wouldn't give to live there! so what's agricola like? is it good safe place where you can leave your doors unlocked at night and raise a family and let your kids play outside?

Thanks!!
You either need to choose racism or Christianity. You can't have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 01:29 PM

23 posts, read 67,526 times
May as well move 2 Mobile or Hurley.....that is all.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Lucedale....NO. Unless you want to be bored and jobless forever.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:00 AM

1 posts, read 928 times
I have lived in Agricola for 20 years. I have always said that I wouldn't live anywhere else. The jobs aren't plentiful in the area which is why I commuted for up to 60 miles for work but wouldn't have had it any other way. The community and surrounding area is absolutely beautiful. The neighbors watch out for each others property when they know noone is home. It's like a small knit famiy. I never worried about locking my doors at night or leaving them open during the day. My perception of this place has changed recently when I came home from working out of town. The law enforcement and judicial system is as corrupt as the day is long. Apparently a person can be locked up due to someone giving false information without any facts whatsoever. The police set up individuals in order to get information on people that they are wanting to arrest. Instead of doing their jobs, they arrest and detain honest people until they get the information they are seeking. It's a nightmare. I'm scared to even do lawn work now due to the officers being able to pull up in my yard at any given time and put handcuffs on me or my family. I will be moving from this place as soos as possible. I wouldn't reccomend moving to Agricola or any other community in George county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi