Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 12,253 times

Advertisements

I have a home for rent/lease that is perfect for a family not wanting to make a commitment until they get to know the area. It is also available for purchase.[mod] no advertising. sorry[/mod]
If interested, contact information is on the website above...

Thanks,
Sherrie

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-10-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 01:35 AM

21 posts, read 69,917 times
Hi,
I read so much about people being unsure about moving to unknown places. I would like to add my 2 cents in. I have lived in Washington state, Ar, Mayland, Ca (all parts) and Italy. I was always unsure about where I was going. I now know that people are just people any where you go. Some are unkind (that's on them) but most are nice and welcoming

Old 04-18-2008, 01:43 AM

Sorry...That one got away form me. I hope you understand my point.
Enjoy,
D

Old 04-21-2008, 07:47 PM

Okay,
Anybody know about Holly Springs? :O

Old 04-22-2008, 01:39 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Oxford is a charming town, home to the University of Mississippi, that is about 50 min by local highway from Tupelo. Not to live there, but for the occasional trip to an activity at the university (Ole Miss). It's a 4-lane highway to Memphis, so on the weekend it's not too bad to go there for the day. Although Tupelo has a multi-screen movie theater at the mall, sometime you just want something different. Good luck.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,771 times
I moved to Iuka,MS from Indiana a year ago. I must say the people are the friendliest!!I do find Tupelo, to have more African Americans than alot of the other areas. You should probably try some of the smaller towns north of Tupelo.Saltillo, New Albany, Booneville and Oxford which is northwest.If you are being tranfered here you won't have a hard time finding a job, but for other people who want to find a job it's harder. The local companies want to keep all the jobs for the local residents, its hard to have them accept out of towners.The only reason my husband got the job he did, is by spending weeks down here going door to door, getting his name and face known!Thank God it paid off!Good Luck!

Last edited by mlgarrett; 11-06-2009 at 10:14 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 01:51 PM

5 posts, read 7,615 times
Smile Relocating to Southaven, Horn Lake, or Olive Branch

I live in Chicago, want to move to HL, OB, or SH. Which one I should go to? How is the crime rate there? The schools? and the jobs. I work in healthcare now but are there alot of jobs in the area? Can you help me out? Thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 PM

1,098 posts, read 3,109,361 times
Southaven, Olive Branch, and Horn Lake are all the same basic area. Most of the DeSoto County schools are pretty good. It depends a lot on what you are looking for. DeSoto Central, Olive Branch, Lewisburg, and Hernando are all highly ranked schools. The job market in the Memphis metro area is probably about average for the country.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:11 AM

4 posts, read 15,401 times
Mississippi is fantastic I would have never have thought I would have loved a state more than I loved my home state of California. I grew up In San Diego with a population in the millions and I love being in a small city. We live on the coast now (Long Beach, MS) but are going to move to either Tupelo or Fulton in 2.5 to 3 yrs. I can not even immagine living in another state. I am a talker and I love people it is nice to live in a state where a stanger does not give you the crazy eye when you strike up a conversation in the grocery store check out line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi