Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 AM

12 posts, read 19,496 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. Due to an investment that went bad my father ended up owning an industrial building on One Meucci Road
Sledge, MS. The building is vacant and although we have never been there before it looks like it's a huge, nice building sitting on 22 acres of land. My question is how is that area? Why is he having so much trouble renting or selling it (outside of the economy being so bad)? Can anyone offer some insite and/or suggestions for me? It would be most appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 06:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace3 View Post
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. Due to an investment that went bad my father ended up owning an industrial building on One Meucci Road
Sledge, MS. The building is vacant and although we have never been there before it looks like it's a huge, nice building sitting on 22 acres of land. My question is how is that area? Why is he having so much trouble renting or selling it (outside of the economy being so bad)? Can anyone offer some insite and/or suggestions for me? It would be most appreciated!

Sledge is not what it once was i lived here for 21 years, most of family lives there. The town has more younger people then anything. Perhaps if you try reaching buyers who are interest in anything in the area of dealing with the youth and building for the future. Also, sledge do not have a supermarket theirs plenty opportunity down there i can assure you that.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 PM

39 posts, read 173,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdrick View Post
Sledge is not what it once was i lived here for 21 years, most of family lives there. The town has more younger people then anything. Perhaps if you try reaching buyers who are interest in anything in the area of dealing with the youth and building for the future. Also, sledge do not have a supermarket theirs plenty opportunity down there i can assure you that.
Yes I agree, a supermarket would be a great opportunity in Sledge. You would have people coming from not only Sledge, but Crenshaw and Darling as well as some other nearby communities.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:06 PM

106 posts, read 398,897 times
Default Sledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace3 View Post
Hi everyone,

Quitman County has a population of about 8000. Sledge has a population of about 500. Nearest interstate highway access is about 20 miles away. In the middle of nowhere. - Seems pretty obvious why it would be hard to sell a large industrial building and land there. Try working with the Mayor's office and Chamber of Commerce to come up with a use for the property, either for you to develop, or to pitch to a potential buyer to develop it - perhaps with some tax incentives from the city/county/state. Selling property like that in such a location is going to take work. - Alternatively donate it to the city and take a tax deduction. That's often the best economic choice for "unmarketable" property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi