U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:32 PM

1,008 posts, read 733,739 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if folks might be so kind as to give me some basic information about how things are in the Mississippi Delta. Mainly in the way of cost of living, safety, population density, price of land, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-11-2009, 11:55 PM

948 posts, read 3,514,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
I was wondering if folks might be so kind as to give me some basic information about how things are in the Mississippi Delta. Mainly in the way of cost of living, safety, population density, price of land, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the MS forum and ask there. I live in Memphis and I can tell you that here and in South haven, MS the cost of living is cheap!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Go to the MS forum and ask there. I live in Memphis and I can tell you that here and in South haven, MS the cost of living is cheap!

This is the Mississippi forum...

Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM

Information on the Delta would really be appreciated as I might be relocating there in the near future.

Anybody? Please.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,834,205 times
Have you read the thread about Greenville? If you didn't know, Greenville is the largest city in the Delta. You can also search for threads in this forum that include towns such as Cleveland, Clarksdale, Belzoni, Indianola, Tunica, and Greenwood.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Made for the South View Post
Have you read the thread about Greenville? If you didn't know, Greenville is the largest city in the Delta. You can also search for threads in this forum that include towns such as Cleveland, Clarksdale, Belzoni, Indianola, Tunica, and Greenwood.

I might be getting a job in the Delta, or right nearby but just outside of the Delta. Sunflower County, Calhoun County, Montgomery County, Yazoo County, etc. I know only two of the counties I listed are actually in the Delta, but the others are nearby, right?

What's the general area like?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
This is the Mississippi forum...

Right, hahaha... see what happens when I am not paying attention?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:43 PM

DESOTO County, north MS is right next door to Memphis.

This are the countys
Washington, DeSoto, Humphreys, Carroll, Issaquena, Panola, Quitman, Bolivar, Coahoma, Leflore, Sunflower, Sharkey, Tunica, Tallahatchie, Holmes, Yazoo, and Warren.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,142,526 times
The lack of response is a good indication of the area known as the Delta. It's a slow pace of life there, with not much going on. That is not to say it is a bad area, because that type of lifestyle fits quite a few people. If you're wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle lifestyle, then the Delta may be for you. There is a lot of poverty there, and it is sad to see. There is just not a strong demand for new development, which makes new job opportunities scarce. There are some very beautiful parts of the Delta, I drive through there from time to time. If I had to move to the Delta, I would probably look at Cleveland first.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
The lack of response is a good indication of the area known as the Delta. It's a slow pace of life there, with not much going on. That is not to say it is a bad area, because that type of lifestyle fits quite a few people. If you're wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle lifestyle, then the Delta may be for you. There is a lot of poverty there, and it is sad to see. There is just not a strong demand for new development, which makes new job opportunities scarce. There are some very beautiful parts of the Delta, I drive through there from time to time. If I had to move to the Delta, I would probably look at Cleveland first.

If I go there it will be solely due to a job, which I am in the process of getting lined up right now.

As for cities, I don't like cities. I prefer unincorporated townships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi