Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Please explain what you like about Mississippi.
i would love to but clearly off topic.
and by the tone and title clearly not welcome

Old 04-30-2009, 12:18 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i would love to but clearly off topic.
and by the tone and title clearly not welcome
You can send a private message.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
You can send a private message.
i respectfully decline.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:27 AM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times
No way. Our women are fat, ugly and stupid. They are also toothless, you would not be interested. Please stay away, nothing to see here...

Old 05-01-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
No way. Our women are fat, ugly and stupid. They are also toothless, you would not be interested. Please stay away, nothing to see here...
The only women I ever met from Mississippi were not fat or toothless. I only met 2 women. One was a classmate of mine. Another lady was my coworker. They were transplants living in metro Atlanta.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,585 times
Mississippi is really faced with a conundrum when it comes to how we're viewed by people from other states. It's often stated that we are uneducated, stupid, and that sort of thing. Because of this reputation, a great percentage of those who do get their education leave Mississippi given the first opportunity. However, there's not much chance of improving the situation under those circumstances. If all those who have the education and the intelligence to improve our state leave, then Mississippi doesn't get the improvement that it so greatly needs.

Still, I don't think we're a lost cause. I know many extremely intelligent Mississippians, and now that I'm a little older and (hopefully) wiser, I'm learning to appreciate my home state and try to do something about the way we're perceived instead of fleeing at the first opportunity.

Oh dear, sorry about that rant, haha. The truth is, Mississippians are as varied as people anywhere else in the US. We're friendly, our women are beautiful and our guys are handsome, our land is gorgeous! The downsides are just sides that are down.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 PM

274 posts, read 709,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Don't get me wrong, i just needed a catchy subject line. For years, I have been researching Mississippi and would love to live either in the Oxford area, Hattiesburg area, or the Clarksdale area. From what I have read, as I have never been, is that Mississippi has the weather and the people that I want. Plus, they have the laid back lifestyle that seems so promising compared to the gloomy worn out chicago that I am used to.

I ask this question, with a silly tag line, because every time I tell someone about moving to Mississippi (even on message boards) they always respond how it is fat and they don't have any pretty girls like the big cities do. They bring up Mississippi's test scores. Surely, not all of Mississippi is like this. Right?

I'm not looking to hang out with rocket scientists. all i want is a few acres and a southern belle to enjoy the mississippi lifestyle with. misssissippi's low population, despite its' size, shouldn't deter young people from moving there. Right or Wrong?
Well, Well, Well. You again

Old 05-05-2009, 10:53 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,392,525 times
If you think Mississippi does not have any of the things that big cities do, then go here and see for yourself:
Visitor Information (http://www.greaterjacksonpartnership.com//visitor/index.asp - broken link)

Old 05-05-2009, 02:31 PM

I have never been in Mississippi more than a few hours out of my entire life, and that was because I was going to another state. My father has told me that Mississippi isn't that nice a place to live because according to him, it is very Old South. I haven't traveled much in Mississippi, but I do like the big city. I am the type of person who needs the big city.

As for fat, ugly, and stupid, I haven't met many people from Mississippi and the few I met were not fat, ugly, orr stupid. With that said, I am aware that Mississippi has a very high illiteracy rate for being in the USA.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 PM

138 posts, read 512,278 times
Quote:
Please explain what you like about Mississippi.
Topography, the most beautiful state in the union, and I've seen them all except AK
Architecture: Nothing beats a southern antebellum house, especially overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
People: friendly, down to earth, not pretentious...and definitely NOT backwards.
Entertainment: NEVER boring...always something to do...nothing like being able to walk out of your beachfront hi rise condo and stroll down a strikingly beautiful beach and sunset and enter a world class resort and see world class entertainment...or top rated golf...or deep sea fishing...or world class art galleries...and this is just the Gulf Coast...dont forget Jackson and the International Ballet Competition...which rotates between other world class cities of other nations...but when in the USA...they come to Jackson. Lets also not forget Natchez and its charms, Vicksburg and its History, Tupelo and The King, Tunica and its resorts...I could go on and on about the desirability of MS....but not enough room here.

Boring, redneck and backwards are very subjective terms. Depends on who you talk to and your definition of those terms.

Again, I encourage all to go to Mississippibelieveit.com and find out the real MS...you may surprise yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi