U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 PM

113 posts, read 200,747 times

Advertisements

I have been reading and hearing that the people of Mississippi wanted to be isolated from the rest of the country. I want to know why this is. Also, can anyone tell me about the "good old boys" that I have been reading about in articles that deal with Mississippi, and their impact on the state's politics.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM

8,399 posts, read 19,392,945 times
You know, grasshopper. People here on this forum have been very patient with you. Please try to read your own posts over before you post them . Don't deceive yourself by imagining that people on the Mississippi Forum do not understand what you are doing.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 05-03-2009, 09:17 PM

13,222 posts, read 19,564,829 times
You are disturbingly obsessed with MS? Something tell me you would love to live there and be a part of the "good ole' boys"? Am I right?
P;ease don't be ignorant and believe everything you hear.

Isolation and " Good Old Boys"
Views: 23
Posted By grasshopper_60619
Isolation and " Good Old Boys"

I have been reading and hearing that the people of Mississippi wanted to be isolated from the rest of the country. I want to know why this is. Also, can anyone tell me about the "good old boys"...

Forum: Mississippi 04-16-2009, 01:56 PM Replies: 2
Mississippi Fossil Road Show
Views: 91
Mississippi Fossil Road Show

I want to know more about the Fossil Road Show in the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science 2009, and the new discoveries that was showcased. I enjoy the museum's website and I will visit the area...

Forum: Mississippi 04-16-2009, 01:37 PM Replies: 10
Mississippi Delta
Views: 299
Mississippi Delta

I want to know how is the Mississippi Delta region coming along with recent development, such as new housing and job creations. I want to know how these projects are affecting the people in the...

Forum: Mississippi 04-04-2009, 02:09 PM Replies: 5
Mississippi Health
Views: 176
Mississippi Health

I want to know if anyone has experience environmental racism in the towns/cities and the use of toxic fertilizer on agricultural areas. For instance, I have been reading that an area of Louisiana...

Forum: Mississippi 03-25-2009, 06:40 PM Replies: 14
To Outsiders/New Residents of Mississippi:
Views: 986
To Outsiders/New Residents of Mississippi:

I wondered how are you enjoying the state of Mississippi. Is the lifestyle and environment different from more urban areas in the United States such as Chicago, IL, and is it hard to be adapted to...

Forum: Mississippi 03-17-2009, 08:09 PM Replies: 5
Jackson Zoo
Views: 247
Jackson Zoo

I want to know if the Jackson Zoo in Jackson, MS is starting to be upgraded because I seen pictures of some of the animals in the zoo on Flicker and some other sites, as well as reading reviews of...

Forum: Mississippi 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM Replies: 5
Mississippi Improvements
Views: 220
Mississippi Improvements

I have been reading alot of the "horror" stories of Jackson and the rest of the state of Mississippi, such as poor health, lack of education, and racism. I want to know if you think that the state...

Forum: Mississippi 03-05-2009, 12:45 PM Replies: 1
Science Education
Views: 100
Science Education

I want to know how is the controversy of Intelligence Design in Mississippi. I have been reading several online articles and blogs that the people of Mississippi are ignorance and "out-of-date",...

Forum: Mississippi 03-04-2009, 04:01 PM Replies: 4
Moving from Chicago to Jackson
Views: 324
Moving from Chicago to Jackson

Hello, I was wondering if anyone moved from Chicago, IL to Jackson, MS recently. I want to know how is your experience in Jackson, MS and enjoyment of some of its sites.

Forum: Mississippi 02-27-2009, 08:05 PM Replies: 16
Mississippi Myths
Views: 607
Mississippi Myths

I wondered what are the myths of Jackson, MS because of the bad reports that I have been reading and hearing about the state of Mississippi, such as poor health and low educational rate. Although...

Forum: Mississippi 02-26-2009, 09:41 AM Replies: 15
Outsiders
Views: 533
Outsiders

I want to know how do the people of Jackson, MS treats outsiders, people from the Midwest and Northern parts of the US, that stay as permament residents. Nevertheless, how are things in Jackson, MS...

Forum: Mississippi 02-25-2009, 04:16 PM Replies: 5
Mississippi Science Places
Views: 215
Mississippi Science Places

I want to know if the city of Jackson and rest of Mississippi have some institutions that have science exhibits from around the world. I enjoyed the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science and the...

Forum: Mississippi 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM Replies: 168
Is Mississippi really that bad?
Views: 19,158
I have been reading and hearing many bad reports...

I have been reading and hearing many bad reports about Jackson and parts of Mississippi, and I know that things will be better in the state soon. I was worried that the people of Mississippi would...

Forum: Mississippi 03-08-2007, 06:55 PM Replies: 0
New Opportunity
Views: 558
New Opportunity

I am a citizen of Chicago, IL and I was wondering would Mississippi like to have a public aquarium and museum in the future? I have been on the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science website, and I...

Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 PM

17,580 posts, read 35,548,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper_60619 View Post
I have been reading and hearing that the people of Mississippi wanted to be isolated from the rest of the country. I want to know why this is. Also, can anyone tell me about the "good old boys" that I have been reading about in articles that deal with Mississippi, and their impact on the state's politics.

Ugh!http://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Computer/computer-22.gif (broken link)

Old 05-04-2009, 03:12 AM

3 posts, read 7,394 times
Dude. It's not 1967. A lot of people do not think things like that anymore.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM

13,222 posts, read 19,564,829 times
Last night I saw the movie "Mississippi Burning" and I honestly believe that people still think that thats how it is down south, still today. That movie took place sometimes in the mid 60ths. Thats 40 years ago!
People are so fascinated with the south and it's culture and history. They all make it sound like the south is soo bad and people here are some real "haters", but they just can't stop asking questions about the south. Non stop questions, over and over again same old questions. It is almost like some of them wish they lived here.They must really like this old worn out picture of the deep dirty south. Although they would never admit it.
I mean, why on earth are so many people still associating the KKK with the south? Do you guys realize how many klan groups that are up north and not to mentione that their total membership is only a few hundred people. As for other "hategroups" I thought NJ and PA were on among the states with most hate group activity.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 AM

138 posts, read 465,937 times
Is Grasshopper 60619 a "real human being" or an aberration from another world?
I suggest he learn about all aspects of his illustrious State of Illinois...and that, I can assure you, will take some real time and analysis. Once completed, he can then tackle such intellectual, enlightened and advanced subjects as Mississippi. One must first crawl before one walks. He may also want to consider getting a life. Just a suggestion.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:10 PM

59 posts, read 183,429 times
What is your deal? I have read several posts by you and i don't understand your obsession with Mississipi. You are constantly asking questions about the negative things that have gone on here. You never have anything positive to say and I believe that everyone is tired of your questions. I know that we all have the right of free speech, but dang!!! We would like it if you just used it for the positive instead of the negative. Or better yet, try the Alabama forum. Their past is just as bad as ours.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:17 PM

756 posts, read 1,854,043 times
You would be amazed by how many people see the south that way.
I have been in TX. for a year now in can not tell you how many times people say to me " you no what I am saying you are from the south" and I have no clue what they are saying!!

are when i say I miss home they say" but your in TX. that just like home,people from tx,ms,la, are the same right?.............wrong!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,146,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
You know, grasshopper. People here on this forum have been very patient with you. Please try to read your own posts over before you post them . Don't deceive yourself by imagining that people on the Mississippi Forum do not understand what you are doing.
The line has been drawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
View detailed profiles of: