Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 08:58 AM

413 posts, read 2,561,024 times

Advertisements

Hi all--

I have been accepted at one of Mississippi's law schools - Mississippi College in Jackson and am still waiting on hearing from Ole Miss.

In any case I'm coming down in another week or so and want to get a real flavor for Mississippi. After all I want to live down here or some of my other schools in the Deep South

First day is Wed the 18th- drive from Memphis area where I'll be staying to Oxford, Mississippi. I'm going to tour the campus and eat lunch somewhere in the downtown or area. Then I have the rest of the afternoon to explore and make it down sometime by the late evening to hotel in Jackson.

Any case any ideas for stuff around Oxford or between there in Jackson. Thought I might swing by the Natchez Trace and take in down but I don't think I should waste any precious time on the trip. Also looking for places to eat maybe around the Reservoir in Jackson.

Next day is Thurs the 19th -- visit Mississippi College in the morning and then hang out and explore around Jackson. What stuff should I see there, get a feel for living in Jackson etc? In the evening I will probably drive to stay in Meridian because I have to be in Birmingham the next day.

Hoping to enjoy the nice weather and some good Southern food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 11:22 AM

227 posts, read 293,155 times
I would suggest the madison/ridgeland area for apartments(assuming you want an apt). There are some nice ones in the Ridgeland/Reservoir area. MC Lawschool is downtown, but i doubt you will want to live there. Also check out some of the places to live in Rankin county (down lakeland drive/HWY25).There is really only one restaurant on the reservoir and thats **** of the Walk. Its catfish, but quite good if you want catfish.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 AM

356 posts, read 1,345,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sippi View Post
I would suggest the madison/ridgeland area for apartments(assuming you want an apt). There are some nice ones in the Ridgeland/Reservoir area. MC Lawschool is downtown, but i doubt you will want to live there. Also check out some of the places to live in Rankin county (down lakeland drive/HWY25).There is really only one restaurant on the reservoir and thats **** of the Walk. Its catfish, but quite good if you want catfish.
There are a lot of new restaurants out Lakeland Dr./Hwy 25. That is a really booming area.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,714 times
First, it’s “Hi y’all”, not “Hi all”

Now - congrats on being accepted at the Mississippi College Law School! I would spend more time exploring Oxford and take the interstate to Jackson as late as possible in the day. It’s a charming town! In addition to touring the Ole Miss Campus, you’ll want to check out Rowan Oak, the home of William Faulkner. Then take your time browsing around the square – restaurants, book stores, coffee shops, etc.

The Madison/Ridgeland area would be a good place to stop for the night. I’m sure there are some good restaurants in the area and the reservoir is close by. Clinton is also a very nice little town.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 PM

227 posts, read 293,155 times
true, but they are all chain restaurants.. i think he was wanting more local flavor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbee View Post
There are a lot of new restaurants out Lakeland Dr./Hwy 25. That is a really booming area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi